Parking cost at Bayonne, NJ cruise terminal?

Bloviator

Below is the link to the Entertainment Tours web page for cruise transporation. It would save you on the cost of parking at the cruise terminal, tolls, gas, wear & tear on your car and the hassles of driving. But it would cost $100 each for bus transportation. There would be additional parking costs in Wilmington unless you can get someone to drop you off at the station. They supposedly handle the luggage and drop you off within yards of the cruise terminal too.

Entertainment Tours told me that they have an exclusive contract with Celebrity and that if there is one person taking the bus, they have to provide the transportation. It is worth checking into it.

https://www.enttours.com/cruise.aspx

Below is the link to the Entertainment Tours web page for cruise transporation. It would save you on the cost of parking at the cruise terminal, tolls, gas, wear & tear on your car and the hassles of driving. But it would cost $100 each for bus transportation. There would be additional parking costs in Wilmington unless you can get someone to drop you off at the station. They supposedly handle the luggage and drop you off within yards of the cruise terminal too.

Entertainment Tours told me that they have an exclusive contract with Celebrity and that if there is one person taking the bus, they have to provide the transportation. It is worth checking into it.

Thanks for this, derf. If I book Silhouette, this is a perfect option for us.

It's cheaper than flying, taking Amtrak or using a car service - which in the tri-state area is anywhere from $200-$400 roundtrip.

So $133 is actually a bargain. Parked there the last 3 years for cruises out of Bayonne.

Didn't your car get sprayed with drifting paint?

We stayed at Country Inn & Suites on the cruise and stay package and got free breakfast, parking and free shuttle for not much more. We also didn't have to worry about our car getting sprayed.

Didn't your car get sprayed with drifting paint?

Yea, it did but I got a free $700+ detailing job that made my car look brand new. It was aggravating and I was without my car for almost 3 full days but my 4 1/2 year old Camry looked brand new when it was done.

I hear they have finally fixed the problem?! I have not heard of any more reports of paint overspray.

We live so close to the cruise port that it really would seem foolish to have to stay at a hotel the evening prior to the cruise.

Just a heads-up: they take the money up front.

Wear in Delaware are you . We are in Green Acres.

Yes they take the money up front but so do the Cruise Lines. Why we have to pay for a cruise before taking it upsets me.

can anyone recommend other hotels that do the same thing as the country inn & suites (i.e., free parking and a shuttle)?

The country Inn and suites was nicer than I thought it would be. Check the ports of call board.

I got the hotel from our roll call.

Best Western, Newark, they will let you park your car in their compound and they will also drop you off at the cruise terminal and pick you up as well - all complimentary with a one night stay. It isn't a fancy hotel, and it is not in a walking area, nor are there any restaurants around there. One good thing is an FBI building right next to it - makes you feel a bit secure.

It serves its purpose, room is clean and no bugs - has a little restaurant with food that is not very good and there is a complimentary breakfast. We have stayed there twice.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard too much about cars being sprayed at the cruise parking lot in Bayonne NJ. I'm looking for places to park my car for 9 days when we go on the Explorer.

Ruthk, I see that you stayed at the Best Western, Newark when you went out of Bayonne. Was the parking free? And you said they drop you off and pick you up for free? Can you provide me with a phone number for the hotel?

I also see that dzcruisers above stayed at Country Inn and Suites in NJ. Was the deal the same, and can you send me a phone number for the place you stay?

Any information anyone can give me would be great!! Thanks!

I've heard too much about cars being sprayed at the cruise parking lot in Bayonne NJ. I'm looking for places to park my car for 9 days when we go on the Explorer.

Ruthk, I see that you stayed at the Best Western, Newark when you went out of Bayonne. Was the parking free? And you said they drop you off and pick you up for free? Can you provide me with a phone number for the hotel?

I also see that dzcruisers above stayed at Country Inn and Suites in NJ. Was the deal the same, and can you send me a phone number for the place you stay?

Any information anyone can give me would be great!! Thanks!

Google Country Inn & Suites, Elizabeth, NJ You want the cruise stay package. We parked there for the week. It came out to about 150. for room, breakfast shuttle to & from ship and parking for the cruise in a fenced in area.

• 1 year later...
In Bayonne Port area there is a parking area called Central Parking System, it is $19 per day plus taxes

I don't recall paying any tax, but I could be wrong. I thought it was just $133 for the week. :confused:

I don't know about cruise ports since I haven't cruised yet. When I fly I usually just call hotels around a airport and ask about parking. Quite a few have a shuttle and offer a ride to, and from with parking for cheap(most I can find for $5 or under a day). It's always worth a try to call local hotel's and ask since it can save a significant amount of money on a longer trip.

WE have used this service several times and is well worth it for the hassle (for us) of driving through NYC. I believe the contract is with Royal Caribbean, so they provide service from numerous locations for both Celebrity and RC ships. They bring you to the port, driver and porter unload the luggage, and when you return, they are waiting to take you home. And if anything happens that changes the ships schedule, they know about it and adjust appropriately.

We were on the 3/5 /12 Silhouette sailing and parked at Premier Parking, 1.5 miles from the ship. They drop off and pick up, not a problem. Cost $11.99 a day, car is locked in a secured lot. So, we tipped the driver a $5 each way, still saved over $75 for the 12 days. There are alternatives.

Search on Bayonne parking, you'll find a few ideas other than parking at the terminal and getting overcharged and possibly having your car spray painted.

Archived