$300 off Concierge with Celebrity Premium Visa

sr4mjc

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-credit-card

$300 discount on a future cruise of at least 7 nights or more in a Concierge Class stateroom, after $5,000 in transactions within your first 60 days**

Has anyone used this benefit and how painful or painless was it getting applied to your reservation? We have a C2 booked around the horn and I am contemplating getting this card. Charging 5k of the cruise would give me 10k points ($100 OBC), plus the 10k points for signup. That equals $500 value , although the $300 is a one time perk.

We already have drinks and gratuities, but all the OBC will be for excursions.

Edited by sr4mjc

I used the $300 credit on my September 2015 cruise which qualified and the credit was applied no problem. When I applied for the card at the time it also included $90 towards specialty dining and the $100 OBC, so was a really nice deal. I also charged the cruise (expensive) plus all prebooked shore excursions at double the points, so received even more OBC from that.

I used the $300 credit on my September 2015 cruise which qualified and the credit was applied no problem. When I applied for the card at the time it also included $90 towards specialty dining and the $100 OBC, so was a really nice deal. I also charged the cruise (expensive) plus all prebooked shore excursions at double the points, so received even more OBC from that.

By chance did you happen to have a travel agent reservation?

I saw the $90 dining perk a while back , that was nice! But my cruise was too far out to take advantage.

Edited by sr4mjc

Read the terms closely. The $300 credit might be for new reservations only.

We signed up for the no-fee Celebrity card when they offered specialty dining for 2 plus 10,000 points ($100 OBC) after a small minimum spend. Received an email notification when the awards were available. Simple phone call to redeem the dining perk. The points were redeemed online. Used the card to pay for the balance of the cruise and earned another $50 OBC via points.

Edited by djwool

These are the T&C for the $300. I think it's ok. It doesn't say a new booking " the Cardholder will be able to apply this to a booking by calling a Celebrity representative at 1-800-760-0654, and selecting option 2"

"$300 Discount off a Future Cruise. Valid only for sailings on Celebrity Cruises 7 nights or greater and in a Concierge Class stateroom or above. Cardholder must make any combination of transactions totaling at least $5,000 (exclusive of any fees, returns and adjustments) that post to your account within 60 days of the account open date. Cardholder will be eligible for this benefit approximately 4-6 weeks from the date the $5,000 threshold is met; upon which, the Cardholder will be able to apply this to a booking by calling a Celebrity representative at 1-800-760-0654, and selecting option 2. Applicable to all price programs except Interline, Travel Agent Reduced rate, Individual & Group Incentive, Employee, and net rates. Applicable to individual and group bookings to cruise component only. Not applicable for: shore excursions, tour packages, or any other personal charges. Applicable to new accounts only. One discount per booking and valid only for the Cardholder noted. If credit is applied to a booking of lesser value, the difference will not be carried to another booking and it will be considered as used. Cruise must be taken 18 months from date of discount issue (discount issue date is based on when the discount is available in Celebrity's reservation system, which is usually 4-6 weeks after the qualification criteria has been met) and is not redeemable for inaugural, holiday, Celebrity Xpedition, Transatlantic and Transpacific sailings. Offer is subject to stateroom availability. Certain restrictions apply. Non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Discount may be used in conjunction with coupons and promotions. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, Celebrity Cruises, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice."

Thanks. I do have a TA as well, only because my friends on this cruise booked through her. I don't usually use one. She wasn't familiar with this when I asked her about it. I suspect it will be fine, but I am wondering about the timing of the credit. I believe I need the credit from the card to be applied first so when I make final payment to her she sees the reduced total. Unless BOA will credit back after the fact, but I'd rather just pay less.

It does look like I may have to be ready to do this early, say July/Aug for an Oct final payment as there is a gap in time to be eligible for the credit. "Cardholder will be eligible for this benefit approximately 4-6 weeks from the date the $5,000 threshold is met"