FTTF email address.....

ccdaniel2707

For anyone that wanted to inquire about openings for FTTF the email address (fttfinfo@carnival.com) is no longer valid. I was informed by Carnival that it was shut down due to too many requests!:rolleyes:

I'd never heard about that e-mail address, but I'm not surprised at all that they would shut it down due to volume. Seems like a heck of a lot of work for them. When I've heard about people trying to get FTTF, they've always just had to check online until they find an opening.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start closing off some of the Maitre'd e-mails as well for the same reasons. Steak House and Chef's Table bookings are one thing, but some requests I hear they get are a bit unreasonable!

For anyone that wanted to inquire about openings for FTTF the email address (fttfinfo@carnival.com) is no longer valid. I was informed by Carnival that it was shut down due to too many requests!:rolleyes:

I just emailed that address on Monday and received this response:

Greetings Funseeker!

Interested in getting the FUN started early? We can’t blame you. Your email has been received and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We will usually respond within 7 to 10 days to general questions. If you are looking to purchase FTTF for a sold out sailing, we’ll keep your information on hand in the order it is received. In the event of a cancellation, you will be notified. Due to the popularity of this program, we will only notify you if space becomes available.

Thanks for your interest in our Faster to the Fun program. Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Greetings Funseeker!

Interested in getting the FUN started early? We can’t blame you. Your email has been received and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We will usually respond within 7 to 10 days to general questions. If you are looking to purchase FTTF for a sold out sailing, we’ll keep your information on hand in the order it is received. In the event of a cancellation, you will be notified. Due to the popularity of this program, we will only notify you if space becomes available.

Thanks for your interest in our Faster to the Fun program. Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

I emailed them yesterday and it came back undeliverable so I emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com and this is the response:

Thank you for your Faster to the Fun query about your sold out sailing. Please know final numbers ultimately depends on the numbers of Diamond and Platinum guests also sailing.

Unfortunately, due to its popularity and as by its very nature- FttF is kept very limited, and may already be at its absolute final capacity in total for this voyage… typically sold out is sold out. But if you wish to keep checking online that is absolutely your prerogative. Please know they have shut down the fttfinfo/waitlist email address due to hundreds of requests for each sailing was deemed giving false hope.

Worse case, my advice, a later arrival to the port, around 2-3pm, and typically you walk right onboard. J

Thank you for your patience and your understanding.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise,

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Line

The fttf email addy was given to me last night for my cruise out of Galveston on Freedom for 3/5/16, but this morning the lady said it was no longer valid & has been taken offline. Something sounds uber fishy to me so I just emailed it anyhow. Guess we'll see......

When I called about something for our upcoming December 2016 cruise on the Magic I was told the same thing when I inquired for friends that had booked as well (we already had FTTF and friends did not get). Carnival basically said the trial of the waiting list for FTTF was a hot mess and they were overwhelmed with request so suspended it (really? anyone of us could have predicted that :rolleyes:).

Be diligent with checking for FTTF everyday, several times of day. We have been able to get it with no problem for last 5 cruises very far in advance and mostly in the early mornings (like between 5:00 and 6:00 am).

Edited by Drazil65

Can not say I am surprised by this. I can only imagine that amount of manual work this caused maintaining wait-lists for every sailing for 24 ships. In addition, it was really not a fair process for all cruisers as I do not believe this option was really made public or advertised by Carnival or outside of Cruise Critic forums.

It would make more sense to build in a wait-list feature into the FTTF/shore excursions if they are already sold out. However, given how antiquated Carnival's systems are, that probably would be a bigger headache than manual emails and wait-list tracking.

When I called about something for our upcoming December 2016 cruise on the Magic I was told the same thing when I inquired for friends that had booked as well (we already had FTTF and friends did not get). Carnival basically said the trial of the waiting list for FTTF was a hot mess and they were overwhelmed with request so suspended it (really? anyone of us could have predicted that :rolleyes:).

Be diligent with checking for FTTF everyday, several times of day. We have been able to get it with no problem for last 5 cruises very far in advance and mostly in the early mornings (like between 5:00 and 6:00 am).

I'm continuing to check for sure, but with the cruise leaving in 18 days, I'm not counting on it. Ugh.

Greetings Funseeker!

YUP, this was everyone's response BUT the problem was that FTTF was appearing on the Carnival website and being purchased quicker than the person handling the email could get to them so passengers were getting upset and angry thus the reason they closed down the email address...

I'm continuing to check for sure, but with the cruise leaving in 18 days, I'm not counting on it. Ugh.

Based on what I've seen and read, this is the time that if Carnival was to add FTTF it is around the 18 days before your cruise mark... so, keep checking, several times a day if you can... Good Luck