Rum Runner packing question

arntufun

If people get blasted, lectured, called names, belittled and told they are ruining the cruise for others when they ask if they can eat while not wearing formal attire (which is only suggested) having it happen when asking about breaking a clearly stated rule for which they screen at boarding is a given. :rolleyes:

Must not have lurked around here for long. :)

Rules are rules TC, you know that. It is a fundimental truth of human nature that those who stand tall judging risk the most of being cut down as hypocrites. ;)

Which leads to a lesson of learned behavior from my 35 years of marrage: "Be picky of the hills you're willing to die on". :D

And a lesson I've learn about forums is "if you have to post more than once in a thread to defend a principle, than it's personal and about you, not the principle".

I'm not one who goes to races to watch the crashes, but I humbly admit a weakness for enjoying these rum runner threads. So much information is passed along. :o

Burt

Edited by Beachdude

I also take booze aboard not because I'm cheap but because I want a decent drink without having to buy a double. I always buy their weak drinks and supplement them from my own stash. I consider it a win-win situation.

And a lesson I've learn about forums is "if you have to post more than once in a thread to defend a principle, than it's personal and about you, not the principle".

Burt

this could be the best single comment ever written on this site.

well played sir!

If they would pour a decent drink and charge a reasonable price their bar business would vastly improve. There's a local restaurant/bar near me charging $2 for mixed drinks. I know that is rare and unique but somehow they're making money and are not pouring "Duty Free" stuff like the cruise lines. I'm Diamond but I still enhance their free drinks from my stash because I don't think it's right to ask for a free double. Happy Trails.

If they would pour a decent drink and charge a reasonable price their bar business would vastly improve. There's a local restaurant/bar near me charging $2 for mixed drinks. I know that is rare and unique but somehow they're making money and are not pouring "Duty Free" stuff like the cruise lines. I'm Diamond but I still enhance their free drinks from my stash because I don't think it's right to ask for a free double. Happy Trails.

Go ahead and get a double, you will save them money on ice and mixer and they will have one less glass to clean. My wife drinks Lemon Drops at the C&A event and thinks they are too strong. happy cruising

I so enjoy reading these posts. Especially the people that chastise everyone for "breaking the rules". I guess they have never driven over the speed limit either????

I so enjoy reading these posts. Especially the people that chastise everyone for "breaking the rules". I guess they have never driven over the speed limit either????

Using that logic none of us should ever have to observe any rules or laws ever again.