Taxi to Orient Beach

philv

We've decided on private taxi to Orient beach. I see on various threads comments about lots of taxis in both directions. I can't visualize taxi stand at pier. Anybody got a picture? Anybody know fare for three? I've never been to Orient beach. Can anybody describe taxi experience from that end? Love St. Martin and we have had some great excursions to Le Gallion beach, Marigot, and the town beach. Can't wait! :D

The taxis are located right in back of the Information Booth that is located on the pier, very easy to find or ask. The taxis, which are mini vans are all lined up waiting for the cruise passengers. The cost of a private taxi for 2 people to Orient is $18-$20. The taxis are mini vans and their license will indicate *TAXI*. If you care to share the taxi with others, the cost will be less pp.

The taxi experience is good and they will give you a guided tour along the way to Orient. We love Orient Beach and will be there in a few weeks ourselves. There are plenty of beach bars and chair rentals on Orient so you can walk on the beach a little ways and then decide where you would like to spend the day.

Enjoy your day there :)

Sorry, just saw you said 3 people for taxi, it may be only a few dollars more than what I quoted above.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

At the port, head towards the exit and follow the signs for taxis. Then look for the lineup for Orient Beach. Very easy to find. To return, there are always taxis near Pedros, towards the southern end of the beach, to the right if you are facing the water.