Entertainment on Thomson Majesty

not been on other thomson ships so cant comment on that but just been on Majesty and we thought there was a good mix of entertainment that contained both singing and dancing. there was however less dancing for guests than we would have liked.

the entertainment we thought was very very good.

We have been on the Dream, Spirit, Celebration and Majesty and I would say the entertainment is very good on all of them. Possibly the Dream has the most spectacular shows as they have such a lovely theatre, but considering the limits of the show lounge on the Majesty, we thought it very good :)

We have been on the Dream, Spirit, Celebration and Majesty and I would say the entertainment is very good on all of them. Possibly the Dream has the most spectacular shows as they have such a lovely theatre, but considering the limits of the show lounge on the Majesty, we thought it very good :)

Cruisin Linda you said you had been on the other Thomson Ships and I am now wondering what the show lounge is like on the Thomson Majesty compared to the Thomson Dream? I get the feeling it is more like the Medusa Lounge on the Dream! Just wondering so I know when I am booking future cruises. Thanks :)

Cruisin Linda you said you had been on the other Thomson Ships and I am now wondering what the show lounge is like on the Thomson Majesty compared to the Thomson Dream? I get the feeling it is more like the Medusa Lounge on the Dream! Just wondering so I know when I am booking future cruises. Thanks :)

Majesty theater is not a patch on any of other ships, it has a very low ceiling so broadway shows are not possible, only way I would go back on the majesty is if were a good deal, entertainment to be fair was quite good, but prefer Celebration and the Dream ships.

Yes as boatboy says, it does have a low ceiling. In fact when I met Dave on the Majesty he was teasing me that there were marks on the ceiling above the stage where the dancers had bumped their heads :D When we got closer we saw there were actually a couple of dents!! :rolleyes:

But, seriously, the shows and the showteam were brilliant as usual. The problem that we found was that people were allowed to wander in faff around trying to find a seat with a good view, after the show had started, unlike on the Spirit and Celebration where the doors are closed when the show starts. There are also a lot of posts in the way of the stage. I took some photos of the theatre, but they didn't come out very well. Dave took some and he might out them on here for you.

Yes as boatboy says, it does have a low ceiling. In fact when I met Dave on the Majesty he was teasing me that there were marks on the ceiling above the stage where the dancers had bumped their heads :D When we got closer we saw there were actually a couple of dents!! :rolleyes:

But, seriously, the shows and the showteam were brilliant as usual. The problem that we found was that people were allowed to wander in faff around trying to find a seat with a good view, after the show had started, unlike on the Spirit and Celebration where the doors are closed when the show starts. There are also a lot of posts in the way of the stage. I took some photos of the theatre, but they didn't come out very well. Dave took some and he might out them on here for you.

The film I did Linda gives a quick glance around the showbar but I could not stay long to film as they were in rehearsals at the time .

Set the link of film to start there :)

Ps Only this week for me to work Linda ,then I can get practice in of doing very little ..better known as cruise mode :D

Hi

To anyone who has been on the Thomson Majesty I am just wondering what the entertainment is like on the Thomson Majesty? Is it the same as other Thomson ships or it is more singing and less dancing? ;)

We have just come off the Majesty and have to say the shows were fantastic. Not only the very talented show team, but two ballroom dancers with some brilliant numbers.I recognised a couple of faces in the show team from other trips on the Celebration and Dream. If you get a chance to see the show 'Moulin Rouge', watch out for the number using the song 'Roxanne'. The blend of voices was truely amazing, and I would love to have a recording of it, and the dancing superb. If there is any way I could buy it I would.

Really impressed with the ship, just didn't like the Lido equivelent on Deck 10, but food in the restaurants was brilliant, one of the best menus I've seen on a Thomson ship on the formal night. Waiters were great in the Four Seasons, with their own entertainment.

Had a really enjoyable cruise, and would not hesitate to book it again.

sweby

Hi sweby,

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We really like the Majesty too and thought the shows were great :) The only problems being, as I have said before, being the posts obstructing some seats and people being allowed in once the show has started :(

We quite liked the buffet, which was just as well as there seemed to be queues for the dining rooms every night and we actually used the buffet every night except on formal night. We liked the fact that it was laid with tablecloths and flowers at night as they do on Fred.Olsen We found the food very good in the buffet at night with a different theme each night. We didn't use it for breakfast though as we found it a bit chaotic :rolleyes: so we went to one of the dining rooms for that.

"Ps Only this week for me to work Linda ,then I can get practice in of doing very little ..better known as cruise mode :D "

Hi Kalos we go day before you but I have 8 more days to work :mad:

and as we are on repo fro Sharm we do not sail until day 2 :eek:

I have been in cruise mode for 3 months :D

have a good one

Stevie

Hi sweby,

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We really like the Majesty too and thought the shows were great :) The only problems being, as I have said before, being the posts obstructing some seats and people being allowed in once the show has started :(

We quite liked the buffet, which was just as well as there seemed to be queues for the dining rooms every night and we actually used the buffet every night except on formal night. We liked the fact that it was laid with tablecloths and flowers at night as they do on Fred.Olsen We found the food very good in the buffet at night with a different theme each night. We didn't use it for breakfast though as we found it a bit chaotic :rolleyes: so we went to one of the dining rooms for that.

Hi Linda, well we obviously missed out on the evenings in the Lido, we just popped in for a quick snack one day, at a busy time. But now you've said that I'll bear it in mind for next time. I must admit going to the 4 seasons for every meal led to a lot of over eating on my part!

I know what you mean about the posts in the Jubilee lounge, but still loved every minute.

sweby

"Ps Only this week for me to work Linda ,then I can get practice in of doing very little ..better known as cruise mode :D "

Hi Kalos we go day before you but I have 8 more days to work :mad:

and as we are on repo fro Sharm we do not sail until day 2 :eek:

I have been in cruise mode for 3 months :D

have a good one

Stevie

Well just stay in that mode and have a good one as well Stevie :cool:

It will be here before you know it :D

I was on the Majesty the week before last and there was much more dancing than we expected. On the night of the Moulin Rouge show the team did the can can and dancers were lifted into the air within inches of the low ceiling. They really pushed the envelope. The sea was a little rough that night and people had trouble walking in a straight line but the show was flawless. The two champion ballroom dancers were amazing. He had her leg in one hand and her arm in the other and was spinning around on his heels whilst the waiters were struggling not to spill people's drinks. The girl singer in the band had previously been dancing in high heels whilst the ship was moving around.

As soon as the show finished there was an announcement that the ship was diverting to the nearest port for a medical emergency and the sea would get rougher. I assume the captain withdrew the stabilisers to get more speed. We later heard that a pregnant woman had gone into labour. Despite our unscheduled stop we were only one hour late getting to our next port the following morning.

On the self service restaurant, we tried the evening meal there one night and it was fine but on the first morning the breakfast was cold. On the last morning we were there before the food was brought out yet it was still cold. The breakfasts were fine in the Seven Seas restaurant and woul reccomend taking breakfast there.

I was initially nervous about the loss of the Destiny and the change to the Majesty but in most respects the Majesty is the better ship. I am very impressed by it.

here are my pics of Majesty, the Jubilee Lounge theatre ones are about halfway down page 2

http://s727.photobucket.com/user/Cymro1953/library/Adriatic%20Explorer%20on%20Majesty%20Sept%202012/Majesty%20Pics?sort=3&page=1

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Lovely pictures :) It brought back some grood memories.

I don't think the Piazza San Marco was open when we were on board. Do you have to pay extra for that?

Hi Linda, I think it was open from 11.30 - 6pm when we were there and there was no extra charge. It served burgers, hotdogs, chips, jacket potatoes etc. The chips were nice...hmmmm beginning to realise why my dresses were a little tight towards the end of the cruise :eek:

Hi Linda, I think it was open from 11.30 - 6pm when we were there and there was no extra charge. It served burgers, hotdogs, chips, jacket potatoes etc. The chips were nice...hmmmm beginning to realise why my dresses were a little tight towards the end of the cruise :eek:

Perhaps just as well I didn't use it then :D if it was open :confused:

It was tucked away at the back of the ship and we only found it on our last day, maybe a good thing.
Just looking on the deckplans, I wonder if I actually found it at all :eek: We're not "pool" people, so tended to sit on the promenade deck. As our cabin was near the front, we just got in the lift and went up to the Cafe Royal.

Anyway to get back to the OP's question :rolleyes: what did you think of the entertainment rosiebee?

Archived