The future?

Not that this is likely to be the future of the Thomson fleet! :rolleyes:

But my goodness - this is the epitome of an all-singing all dancing cruise ship! :eek: At least for now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2310045/Royal-Caribbean-pulls-stops-lure-customers-dry-land.html

Must be quite an experience and one I wouldn't mind having a nosy around just to see what it's like but I don't think it would be for me as I value the small, warm and personal too much although I can see that it would appeal to some especially a younger clientele and families too.

How things have changed from the days when Celebration and Spirit were new to the HAL fleet - I guess they were cutting edge in terms of design at the time. I wonder what the next decade will bring!

I'm sure some of you wits out there will have some very imaginative ideas!! :D:D

I can see this concept catching on. The ship as the destination which just happens to stop here and there during the holiday. I know people who head off the Egypt and never leave the hotel complex. A mega ship is like that;)

Not that this is likely to be the future of the Thomson fleet! :rolleyes:

But my goodness - this is the epitome of an all-singing all dancing cruise ship! :eek: At least for now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2310045/Royal-Caribbean-pulls-stops-lure-customers-dry-land.html

Must be quite an experience and one I wouldn't mind having a nosy around just to see what it's like but I don't think it would be for me as I value the small, warm and personal too much although I can see that it would appeal to some especially a younger clientele and families too.

How things have changed from the days when Celebration and Spirit were new to the HAL fleet - I guess they were cutting edge in terms of design at the time. I wonder what the next decade will bring!

I'm sure some of you wits out there will have some very imaginative ideas!! :D

It's getting crazy ...Sky diving cruises ?? Whats all that about ?

Just imagine a plane of Thomsons doing the Luton to Alicante run .. on the way there ...

Pilot ... "Ladies and gents we are now circling Palma coast and would all the cruise passengers kindly make your way to the back of the plane and ensure you are all wearing your Thomson para-travel pack .Also your life jacket as we now do the lifeboat drill on the way down ."

Bumping cars !! on a ship. Right I can see whats happening here ,they are trying to shut Skeggy down ,nicking their trade .

Why not get one of those posh ships , the one with the lawn on top and get a few donkeys doing rides up and down it .

They could even grow carrotts up there to feed them with ! Maybe even a veg patch ,so you could grow your own .

Can you imagine the queue outside the Seven Seas ,stood with yer home grown broccoli ..eh Geo ;)

The way things are going ,those of you in outside cabins ,may end up with outside loo's to make the cabins bigger.

Must admit ,I do like the sound of them virtual balconys , sat there with my virtual breakfast ..it's the future :cool:.

Thanks for showing me the way ahead Kruzseeka :D

I think the only good thing about it is, building such big ships should keep the prices down as they'll have to fill them somehow.:eek:

As for virtual balconies.....you could just order the DVD and stay at home.:rolleyes::D

whats the betting that I would get the one bumper car that never starts...or always turns the opposite way that I want it too:p

Nah!!, that's just because you're a 'boy' :rolleyes:.

We girls can manage them no bother.;):D:D.

Ooooh! I don't fancy that capsule that goes out over the side of the ship :eek::eek:

No, nor do I Linda! Thats mucho scary I think. Nice ship though,,amazing technology and progress, but I don't fancy the thought of 4000 people.

No, nor do I Linda! Thats mucho scary I think. Nice ship though,,amazing technology and progress, but I don't fancy the thought of 4000 people.

Been there, done that! Independence of the Seas :eek: 4,000 plus :rolleyes: Never again! Nowhere to sit in the evenings, no late show for 2nd sitting diners and a horrible expensive shopping mall right up the middle of the ship, hence tiny cabins. We had been on the Braemar before IOTS which is 23,000 tons so expected small cabins, but were amazed at the small cabins (sorry STATEROOMS:rolleyes::D) on such a big ship.

:D:D:D I knew you wouldn't let me down Kalos - now I know where the donkeys have gone when we next hit Skeggie! ;)

The donkeys were on the beach on Sunday in Skeggy- beautiful sunny day...at last.

Flopsy;)

Not for me. We have done the Butlins holidy with the boys yeats ago. Now we both want very different holidays. However I can see that it could suit families with younger children.

Archived