Just curious.....Not related to cruise.....

SPacificbound

Did anyone else get really, really sick In the last 3 or 4 weeks in Alaska?

I'm not talking about noro, but a really horrendous bronchitis type sick. There seemed to be a lot of people with colds and/or coughing. I have not been that sick in a long time, and I am still on antibiotics.

While I have not gone to Alaska yet (I'm going in June) I was sick with bronchitis in May. I was never so sick and even on the antibiotics I Was sick for a month. Its the kind of illness that lingers and won't go away so I know exactly how you feel. I hope you feel better soon.

There has been a virus going around here (Colorado, among other places) called enterovirus 68. It has mainly been affecting children but isn't limited to them. It could be that, as the symptoms start out cold like and then move to the chest, many people have been hospitalized to receive breathing support. Just a guess, it may be totally unrelated too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I came back from Alaska with a horrible influenza! This was in the middle of July. When on the plane from Anchorage I felt like I was getting a cold. Sore throat and coughing. The next day it hit really hard. I was in bed for a week with fever, very painful joints and headache, vomiting and diarrhea . I also don't remember ever being this ill from the flu. The doctor said it was viral, so no antibiotics. It took 6 weeks to get back 100 %. This was definitely not a regular bronchitis.

I did some research and there was a nasty flu going around in Alaska , but obviously it is being carried everywhere.

I am not sure how I got it as no one else in our group came down with it. .... But I was also the only one that did not have a flu shot this year.

Mary

We have been back two weeks and I am finally feeling better. I'm not sure what it was, but it did respond to antibiotics apparently and DH didn't get it from me so that was good.

I hope others that were sick are feeling better, and on the mend.

I had not gotten my flu shot yet so will do that on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

I was sick with bronchitis for two weeks the 2nd and 3rd weeks of September. I traveled via Alaska Airlines from Seattle to Las Vegas over labor day and came home with the bug. Both outbound and return flights I sat next to folks from Alaska!, so maybe that's where my bug came from!