Explorer, Bermuda and Gonzalo

thewebbys

We will be leaving for Bermuda Saturday and hoping all be well when we get there on Monday. We are praying for people on this island. If there is anything we can do to help when we get we are prepared to do so.

This is our first time to Bermuda and no matter what the condition still can't wait to go. God forbid this category 4 hits hard, any thoughts on where our cruise might head to instead.

Yep as another poster mentioned, your arrival is scheduled after so you should be fine unless we encounter massive damage. The Norwegian Dawn is scheudled to arrive on Sunday so to give you an indication on ship arrivals I would suggest that you watch what happens with the Norwegian Dawn.

I posted some comments on the Norwegian form under the Gonzalo post whereby the poster called Norwegian (I forget the actual title name).

Yep as another poster mentioned, your arrival is scheduled after so you should be fine unless we encounter massive damage. The Norwegian Dawn is scheudled to arrive on Sunday so to give you an indication on ship arrivals I would suggest that you watch what happens with the Norwegian Dawn.

I posted some comments on the Norwegian form under the Gonzalo post whereby the poster called Norwegian (I forget the actual title name).

Good idea.

I am not wondering if we will make it to Bermuda. That's not my concern. Never cruised out of NJ on a 5 day. Was wondering what other island if any we could make it to if the port is damaged really bad.

I am sending out prayers to the people of Bermuda. Please do the same.

I am not wondering if we will make it to Bermuda. That's not my concern. Never cruised out of NJ on a 5 day. Was wondering what other island if any we could make it to if the port is damaged really bad.

I am sending out prayers to the people of Bermuda. Please do the same.

There are no other islands nearby that would be suitable for a cruise ship.

There are no other islands nearby that would be suitable for a cruise ship.

Thanks Bob that is what I was wondering. I will enjoy my cruise either way. the family never been to Bermuda and was looking forward a seeing the island and all of it's glory. Loading up the car and heading out soon.

I would personally be prepared for some rough seas going down to Bermuda. We cruised EOS on a 5 day last June. A tropical storm swept through Bermuda on Sunday (we arrived Monday). Saturday night and all day Sunday were rough. The crew had sickness bags out for passengers on all the stairwells and some outdoor things were closed.

Just tried viewing the Web-cam - "Temporarily Out of Service".............hopefully that is just an overload of people trying to get on the site versus reality! :(
It's been working for me all morning. I'd keep trying, you may have just experienced a temporary glitch in the matrix.

Wind/waves have been slowly shifting from the SE toward northward and increasing. When they start coming from the NNE... watch out pier.

Just tried viewing the Web-cam - "Temporarily Out of Service".............hopefully that is just an overload of people trying to get on the site versus reality! :(

There's over 4400 people viewing the webcam now and winds are picking up from earlier this morning. Thought and prayers to those on the island.

There's over 4400 people viewing the webcam now and winds are picking up from earlier this morning. Thought and prayers to those on the island.
4965 As of now; I've never seen more than 100 or so. It's pretty amazing... we're getting better footage than Jim Cantore.

4965 As of now; I've never seen more than 100 or so. It's pretty amazing... we're getting better footage than Jim Cantore.

I thought the same thing when I went on this morning and saw all the viewers.

I hope they don't get hit too bad. We were just there a couple weeks ago and it's such a beautiful place with very nice people.

According to the Norwegian form one poster (who is sailing) has mentioned that the Norwegian Dawn will sail an altered itin - Nassau and their private island.

Updated Friday, October 17, 2014

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the company is closely monitoring the paths of Hurricane Gonzalo in the Atlantic and Tropical Storm Ana in the Pacific.

Norwegian Dawn will embark today in Boston as scheduled. Since Hurricane Gonzalo is expected to pass directly over Bermuda, the ship’s itinerary is being altered to visit Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas this week

Should there be any updates, they will be immediately posted on http://www.ncl.com. We thank our guests for their cooperation and understanding.

Nothing on RCCL WEBSITE YET

Webcam is working intermittently. It's raining hard. They have it pointed out over one of the cannons and I cant' see any palm trees to see how hard the wind is blowing, but I can see the waves. Hopefully it will pass quickly and leave little damage. We've enjoyed our two cruises there.

Edited by BND

Is the dock gone or just under water?

Waves are blowing up and over the dock. They just panned over to the dock area and you can see the palm trees blowing and the waves coming up and over. The dock is concrete so it would take more than a storm of this size to really damage or destroy it.

It's definitely getting worse.

Edited by BND