Royal Princess S5 C101 Fiji Suite Photos posted!

Hank1468

Hello everyone! I just posted this link in my original post from the summer asking for pictures, but I figured I would also create a new thread showing that I have posted pictures for all to see.

I have finally posted photos of our suite. We were in C101 aka the Fiji Suite. It was absolutely amazing and the room is gorgeous!

Do I wish the balcony was larger? Absolutely. But that did not affect my vacation at all and we made a lot of use with the balcony.

You can find photos of our suite, C101 here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/106514806@N08/

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting the photos. I wondered how they would lay out the bedroom area. Looking out the window from your bed could be interesting. Did they keep the window fairly clean? It also looks like you had two recliners although they didn't fit side by side. Is that correct? Did you also have chairs for the table?

Thanks for sharing these! I notice some changes with the shower glass, the bathtub divider looks like it's not quite as wide as in the other ships' suites and the bedroom area is incredibly spacious! Interesting layout but that balcony is pathetic. Acceptable for a cold-weather cruise, maybe?

Thanks again, Hank 1468.

I responded on your other thread. The only question that I had was whether or not the curtain had to be closed at night, since the suites are below the bridge. I hope not.

Already knew the size of the balcony (doesn't bother us) and the suite. Looks great.

Thanks for your pictures and your time.

Paul

Thanks again, Hank 1468.

I responded on your other thread. The only question that I had was whether or not the curtain had to be closed at night, since the suites are below the bridge. I hope not.

Already knew the size of the balcony (doesn't bother us) and the suite. Looks great.

Thanks for your pictures and your time.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I believe the stewards are instructed to close those window curtains at night, as are the passengers in those accommodations. The light from the staterooms would illuminate the bow of the ship, and that would be a considerable safety hazard for the safe operation of the ship. This seems to be the practiced by all cruise ships with forward facing windows during night time travel.

Thanks for posting the photos. I wondered how they would lay out the bedroom area. Looking out the window from your bed could be interesting. Did they keep the window fairly clean? It also looks like you had two recliners although they didn't fit side by side. Is that correct? Did you also have chairs for the table?

The window was clean enough... but by no means spotless.

Yes, we had two recliners with ottomans. They do not fit side by side, they only fit facing one another. There is a smaller than usual table and there are no chairs for the table. There simply isn't enough room. We would fold up the ottomans and move the recliner chairs in the upright position when dining on the balcony.

Thanks for sharing these! I notice some changes with the shower glass, the bathtub divider looks like it's not quite as wide as in the other ships' suites and the bedroom area is incredibly spacious! Interesting layout but that balcony is pathetic. Acceptable for a cold-weather cruise, maybe?

We found the bathtub to be spacious and very comfortable.

Yes, the bedroom is incredibly spacious! Loved it!

...Yes, we had two recliners with ottomans. They do not fit side by side, they only fit facing one another. There is a smaller than usual table and there are no chairs for the table. There simply isn't enough room. We would fold up the ottomans and move the recliner chairs in the upright position when dining on the balcony...
I like the idea of two reclining chairs with ottomans rather than the four chairs shown in the photos of the penthouse suites. What is a suite without lounge chairs? It also appeared that there was a small table by each recliner. I wonder if they might change the seating on the penthouse suites? Looks like the least expensive S5 suites might be the best choice with a spacious bedroom, lounge chairs and a balcony with no soot or odor problems. Thanks again for posting the photos.

I like the idea of two reclining chairs with ottomans rather than the four chairs shown in the photos of the penthouse suites. What is a suite without lounge chairs? It also appeared that there was a small table by each recliner. I wonder if they might change the seating on the penthouse suites? Looks like the least expensive S5 suites might be the best choice with a spacious bedroom, lounge chairs and a balcony with no soot or odor problems. Thanks again for posting the photos.

Yes, there is a small end table next to each of the recliner chairs as well. Perfect for your favorite beverage.

Thanks so much for posting of your suite pictures. We are booked into this same category suite next year but on dolphin deck. Could you tell me if you heard excessive noise from decks below or equipment from your cabin? Also, was the crew pool deck on your deck or one below your front window in the bedroom?

I am glad that we switched to this suite category from the midship suites, as it has more interior space. I can live with the small balcony, just have to use the public decks for more balcony space:D

I'm glad that you had a wonderful cruise, and I am looking forward to seeing the Royal for myself next year.

Thanks so much for posting of your suite pictures. We are booked into this same category suite next year but on dolphin deck. Could you tell me if you heard excessive noise from decks below or equipment from your cabin? Also, was the crew pool deck on your deck or one below your front window in the bedroom?

I am glad that we switched to this suite category from the midship suites, as it has more interior space. I can live with the small balcony, just have to use the public decks for more balcony space:D

I'm glad that you had a wonderful cruise, and I am looking forward to seeing the Royal for myself next year.

We didn't really hear any noise from decks below... we may have heard a little but of noise while docking or leaving port, but I don't really remember any noise. Although, we are from New York City, so any noise really wouldn't bother us and we probably wouldn't even really notice it haha!

The crew pool was one or two decks below us. I am 98% sure it was two decks below.

Thank you for posting the pics. The bedroom is very nice - really like it, but the balcony could use a do-over! Just one question: was it quiet?

We didn't really hear any noise from decks below... we may have heard a little but of noise while docking or leaving port, but I don't really remember any noise. Although, we are from New York City, so any noise really wouldn't bother us and we probably wouldn't even really notice it haha!

Hi Paul,

I believe the stewards are instructed to close those window curtains at night, as are the passengers in those accommodations. The light from the staterooms would illuminate the bow of the ship, and that would be a considerable safety hazard for the safe operation of the ship. This seems to be the practiced by all cruise ships with forward facing windows during night time travel.

Hey, Dave.

That's what I was thinking. We will play it by ear. It looks like a great window though!

Paul

Archived