Where to Next - Bucket Listers

Sitting at International Airport in Sydneyn - wish I was off to somewhere exotic but its only Melbourne...LOL...but at least there is a ship involved. Got me thinking I have a few more destinations already booked off my bucket list...

Do you have a bucket list? Where are you dreaming of?

For me after the ones I have booked its got to be Alaska for the glaciers or Egypt for the pyramids and the Nile...if you have been to either or both help me decide. Or if you have a wonderful wish list share it.

Sue

My bucket list has the inside passage and a European river cruise on it, but my suggestion to add to your list is China and Vietnam, also check out a 7 day cruise around Fiji with captain cook cruises.I love your forward thinking attitude.

Having been to Egypt, I say do it on a land tour! Going in for a day will never do this area justice. Also, they often miss the port. :D

Alaska is on my bucket list, but so is.............................lots of other places hehe

Early planning stages for a "cruise crawl" around the world for 2014 have set aside up to 10 months to do it ....marathon planning but should be great fun jumping from one ship to another....flying the least amount possible... in the meantime Switzerland Autumn 2013 is top of my list cheers Shiona

My bucket list is getting smaller now. I think I will have to reasess it and add some more places.

I have done the Alaska cruise and would highly recomend it. It was fab and something I would even love to do again.

European River cruising is very relaxing and a great way to travel in Europe. Again I would recommend it.

Next month I am on a cruise that will knock off a few places on my bucket list. The cruise is from Singapore to Capetown so I get to knock off Dubia and South Africa.

Then next year I get to knock off cruising out of Sydney on the way to Honolulu including Bora Bora and Tahitti(???)

I would love to do South America and also a cruise around the Med.

Chez

Sitting at International Airport in Sydneyn - wish I was off to somewhere exotic but its only Melbourne...LOL...but at least there is a ship involved. Got me thinking I have a few more destinations already booked off my bucket list...

Do you have a bucket list? Where are you dreaming of?

For me after the ones I have booked its got to be Alaska for the glaciers or Egypt for the pyramids and the Nile...if you have been to either or both help me decide. Or if you have a wonderful wish list share it.

Sue

Our bucket list is nearly complete. The only place left is Australia and New Zealand, which we will be visiting in early 2013 if all goes well.

If you want glaciers and ice, Antarctica would be much, much better than Alaska. We would do Israel and Egypt again but on a land tour.

The only other place I would like to go, (not DW) is Tanzania for the game.

Just sayin - its all good no matter where you go as long as you go while you can.

Rc

Our bucket list is nearly complete. The only place left is Australia and New Zealand, which we will be visiting in early 2013 if all goes well.

If you want glaciers and ice, Antarctica would be much, much better than Alaska. We would do Israel and Egypt again but on a land tour.

The only other place I would like to go, (not DW) is Tanzania for the game.

Just sayin - its all good no matter where you go as long as you go while you can.

Rc

Yes, I agree. I just love cruising. There are places I would like to go, but money is not limitless, so a repeat cruise is heaps better than no cruise. :)

On my bucket list is Jordan, Egypt, Dubai all to be ticked off next month.

Then on the list is South America, to be ticked off in January/February 2013.

Down the page on my bucket list is Panama Canal, Caribbean, Greek Islands, Venice, Dubrovnik and Alaska.

That takes us up to about 2015....:eek::eek::eek:

ckl001 you'll love Sydney to Honolulu via Bora Bora and Tahiti. I'd do that again any day. Quite a few sea days but beautiful.

Jill:)

We have ticked a few off our bucket list since we are spending the kids inheritance:)

Alaska, Tahiti, Asia, Med, Baltic are all amazing. Will tick off South America next Jan on our 49 dayer from Fort Lauderdale to San Fran.

Hey, we love to cruise & still love our little 2 dayers & hope we can continue as long as we can

Cheers

Tanya

We have ticked a few off our bucket list since we are spending the kids inheritance:)

Alaska, Tahiti, Asia, Med, Baltic are all amazing. Will tick off South America next Jan on our 49 dayer from Fort Lauderdale to San Fran.

Hey, we love to cruise & still love our little 2 dayers & hope we can continue as long as we can

Cheers

Tanya

Hi Tanya, haven't seen you on here for ages. Last time we spoke we were talking about the 49 dayer on the Grand. We've recently cancelled that cruise and booked the Arcadia same South America itinerary leaving 05 January from Southampton and finishes for us in Brisbane..... perfect to get off at our local port and only a one way airfare to London.:)

Jilly:)

Hi Everyone,

Gai and I having a lovely time on the Dawn Princess...Gai is the map reader par excellence and led me all over Melbourne. Cakes in Akland street to die for...Dawn Princess is headiing back to Sydney...smooth seas.

To get back to the subject...saw George Clooney in the decendents it has made me even more excited to be finally going back to Hawaii....and I picked up the new brochures...so drooling over Alaska (and everywhere else).

Sue

Hi Sue. Such a good topic and really made me think:rolleyes: Keep enjoying that cruise.

I feel so lucky to have travelled so much but I feel that my bucket list will never be complete as I truly am a" Happy Wanderer".

However my list of places yet to be ticked off my Bucket List are, New York, Egypt, Greek Isles, Paris, A European River Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest, and an African Safari.

My very favourite cities have been London, Rome, Edinburgh and New Orleans and for those who haven't been to those cities, I highly recommend them to be added to your bucket list.

Hi Sue. Such a good topic and really made me think:rolleyes: Keep enjoying that cruise.

I feel so lucky to have travelled so much but I feel that my bucket list will never be complete as I truly am a" Happy Wanderer".

However my list of places yet to be ticked off my Bucket List are, New York, Egypt, Greek Isles, Paris, A European River Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest, and an African Safari.

My very favourite cities have been London, Rome, Edinburgh and New Orleans and for those who haven't been to those cities, I highly recommend them to be added to your bucket list.

If London is one of your favourite cities, you'll love New York, Liz, especially if you love museums, art galleries and live theatre. I never run out of things to see and do in both cities. It took me many visits to Paris, before I fell in love with that city. It look a cold December, with Paris looking magical in the snow. We bought a Paris Museum Pass and walked everywhere visiting lots of museums, whilst eating and mixing with locals!

I have a land bucket list which includes Jordan,India and Tanzania.For anyone thinking about doing a safari,go for it.I will never forget the excitement of seeing the big 5 in the first hour of entering Kruger National Park.I would also like to witness the Aurora Borealis but I have the feeling that I won't have the opportunity.

My cruise bucket list includes sailing through the Suez Canal and cruising Alaska.

I am also of the opinion that everyone should see Las Vegas before they die:)

Regards Elaine.

We're ticking off one from our bucket list. We're on Arcadia in 2013 from Southampton around South America ending up in Aus. A bonus is only flying one way - yay!!

Antarctica is on the list as is a river cruise from Saigon to Siem Reap, a World Cruise would be cool too ;). A cruise to/from Capetown, a cruise on the Nile for a few days - I could go on - I'd cruise almost anywhere :D!

• 1 month later...

Have got quite excited about adding another destination to my bucket list. The P & O cruises to New Guinea next year sailing round trip from Brisbane. Have already talked the "financial controller" into pre approval for an October cruise. I used to live in Lae but there are few options for cruising there without the $1000pp per day price tag on the Orion etc, so hence it now is top of the list after the ones already booked.

I wonder if all the new ships will entice people into adding to their bucket lists with some new itineraries coming on line? Anybody else out there plotting?

Sue

I wonder if all the new ships will entice people into adding to their bucket lists with some new itineraries coming on line? Anybody else out there plotting?

Sue

Yes, me! We have a friend who has a lot to do with Alotau and Misima Island and I would love to see those pristine places in PNG.

Been all over Alaska. Of course, the obligatory cruise, a B2B (one 7 night cruise from Vancouver to Whittier, and another 7 night cruise back). The next year we drove from Tennessee to Anchorage, Alaska. Walked on a glacier (Matanuska glacier somewhat near Anchorage, hope I spelled it right). Drove to Seward, Kenai Peninsula, Prudhoe Bay (took a dip in the Arctic Ocean), and Valdez. Next two years we stayed in Fairbanks from March-September. Ice Alaska, Mush for Kids, and of course the Northern Lights (but the cold...).

Egypt is definitely on the bucket list. While we're in the area, might as well do a safari too.

Also, an Antarctica cruise. Already have it planned out; we'll drive to the very southern tip of South America, catch a cheap last-minute cruise, then fly back (to the US). There's just one small section where there's no road and the car would have to be shipped (to Colombia I think?).

England, Scotland, and Ireland. Never been (well, was in Ireland for a layover, that's it).

Europe tour. Maybe rent a motorhome and just go sightseeing. I dunno.

And there's all the stuff to do in Australia. I've crossed off petting a kangaroo and a koala. Still got the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru to do, maybe a trip to Sydney as well.

The only problem with my bucket list, is it keeps growing faster than I can cross things off!

Been all over Alaska. Of course, the obligatory cruise, a B2B (one 7 night cruise from Vancouver to Whittier, and another 7 night cruise back). The next year we drove from Tennessee to Anchorage, Alaska. Walked on a glacier (Matanuska glacier somewhat near Anchorage, hope I spelled it right). Drove to Seward, Kenai Peninsula, Prudhoe Bay (took a dip in the Arctic Ocean), and Valdez. Next two years we stayed in Fairbanks from March-September. Ice Alaska, Mush for Kids, and of course the Northern Lights (but the cold...).

Egypt is definitely on the bucket list. While we're in the area, might as well do a safari too.

Also, an Antarctica cruise. Already have it planned out; we'll drive to the very southern tip of South America, catch a cheap last-minute cruise, then fly back (to the US). There's just one small section where there's no road and the car would have to be shipped (to Colombia I think?).

England, Scotland, and Ireland. Never been (well, was in Ireland for a layover, that's it).

Europe tour. Maybe rent a motorhome and just go sightseeing. I dunno.

And there's all the stuff to do in Australia. I've crossed off petting a kangaroo and a koala. Still got the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru to do, maybe a trip to Sydney as well.

The only problem with my bucket list, is it keeps growing faster than I can cross things off!

I like the way you think......now thats a bucket list!

Archived