2004 SUMMITEERS - The Sequel

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:52 AM.
USA
1,386 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
We spring forwarded the time somewhere before the abc islands. So for the first time I did not feel the change. I believe this is the time that my body clock feels the best. The fall back really throws me off.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
NW Ohio
8,292 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Grace,

We have, I think 7 hrs difference in Israel. Then we have the spring forward after being there a week, so we go ahead yet another hour. Ugh! That's after flying for 10 1/2 hrs from the U.S.

Becki
USA
1,386 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Omg that sucks. But the trip will be worth it for sure. A couple at our table was from Russia and they left the afternoon of the 12th and would arrive in their country in the morning of the 12th. When you start crossing time zones it gets weird.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
NW Ohio
8,292 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Grace,

Yes, it does, lol! I can usually deal with it once I get past the first few hours of that deep desire to go to bed when it is 10 am. if I keep moving, I am usually ok. When we do our European river cruises, Viking provides a walking tour in the early afternoon to help people fight that jet lag, and it really does help. This time, I am going to take some Advil PM on the flight from Newark to Tel Aviv and see if I can get at least a couple of hours sleep. I'll probably want the AdviL for my neck anyway so it can't hurt.

Becki
USA
1,386 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by rjscott
Grace,

Yes, it does, lol! I can usually deal with it once I get past the first few hours of that deep desire to go to bed when it is 10 am. if I keep moving, I am usually ok. When we do our European river cruises, Viking provides a walking tour in the early afternoon to help people fight that jet lag, and it really does help. This time, I am going to take some Advil PM on the flight from Newark to Tel Aviv and see if I can get at least a couple of hours sleep. I'll probably want the AdviL for my neck anyway so it can't hurt.

Becki

Totally agree, I would also have a drink with it. But not coffee.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
NW Ohio
8,292 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Hmmm. That reminds me. On Delta Economy Comfort, drinks are free. Will have to see if that's the same on United. This is our first flight on that airline and we paid plenty extra for the Economy Comfort seats.

Everything is packed or laid out. Just have to arrange it in the suitcases. That will get done today. This trip is totally casual, so that makes it easier.

Although we will eat very well at the hotels, Garrett will miss his sausages in the morning, as there are no P-I-G products served there. So, Gary would not get his bacon either, Jill.

Becki
Florida
3,451 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
NO BACON????.......... Well, cross that off our list....Gary wouldn't make it without his bacon on vacation.

Have a fanatic trip...and can't wait to hear all about it. Travel safe..........
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Willow Glen Ca.
4,049 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
...Good Evening, Summiteers....Grace enjoying your review, just waiting till you tell us, who Princess Ruthann spilled wine on this time....Just wondering....No Bacon...Well, that is another reason not to go to the Mid-East...Becky and Garrett, you have allot more courage than I do to go there...Bravo!!...I do want to take a cruise down the Nile and see the Pyramids...All we can do is hope it gets better and the madness goes away...Becky, we are trying United for the first time also....it's to bad that the plane we will be flying in is a old 757..I really hate that plane. For many reason...So, because of United, Kathie Lee and I have fly first class I know, I know..but what can you do?.....Becky..I hope you are feeling better with your neck and all...That really sucks, being sick or in pain while on vacay...We hope it works out for you and can't wait to read your review....I will start on mine in three weeks time... So, Becky and Garrett, Bon Voyage and have the greatest trip ever...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 3-99...Celebrity Summit 4-04..[/color][/b] Celebrity Mercury 4.05... [/color]NCL Pride of America 5-06 Hawaii...RCCL Monarch of the Seas 10-07... [/size]..Royal Liberty of the Seas 4/08......Star Princess 9-09 Alaska./B][/color].. Celebrity Constellation..3-11..Southern Caribbean..Celebrity Millennium..5-12 Pacific Coast Wine Cruise...Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Carib. 1-13.....Celebrity Silhouette...10-13..Med. Cruise..[color=indigo]Legend of the Seas..Southern Carib.2-15....Taking a TA on the " Big Silly"..4-16..Oasis of the Seas...4-17.Celebrity Reflection..11-17 Going South Again!!
Florida
3,451 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Beau...I see from the photos on facebook, that you are getting into vacation/cruise mode. We leave in 5 weeks and I can't wait.

We used to fly United all the time and they used to be one of the best. But times have changed and most airlines don't care about customer service anymore...it's just all about the profits. Hope everything goes ok for you....and if it doesn't....it just makes a more interesting story...

Got to start your review when you get home, so i can read a couple stories before we go.

Will miss you Becki....have a fun trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
USA
1,386 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Beau, that is too funny as Ruthann and I were talking about the time she spilled that wine. It did not happen this time.

Can't recall if I flew United or not. But spirit really feels like it nickle and dimes you. $30 for you bag each way, if booked when you make your reservation. Then the charge for your seat. they added more rows of seats, so my knees were almost touching the seat in front of me. I am short don't know how it works for tall people. Even after all that it was the best price I could find.

Becki, Have a wonderful trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
NW Ohio
8,292 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Wow, Beau, first class! Nice! You do know how to travel. Frankly, I am not worried about traveling to Israel. Things are no worse there now than they were when we went 4 yrs ago. If we had to change planes somewhere in the Middle East, I would find that concerning, but we fly non-stop from the U.S. to Tel Aviv. And, we felt very safe there our last time.

Thanks all for the well wishes. And Jill, I will plan to start my review ASAP! 😁

Try to behave!

Becki
Willow Glen Ca.
4,049 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
..Good Evening, Summiteers.....Becki , is talking about me?????.....She can't be talking about me.....I'm Upright..Sober and God Fearing.....Yeah, that's right.....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Paradise 3-99...Celebrity Summit 4-04..[/color][/b] Celebrity Mercury 4.05... [/color]NCL Pride of America 5-06 Hawaii...RCCL Monarch of the Seas 10-07... [/size]..Royal Liberty of the Seas 4/08......Star Princess 9-09 Alaska./B][/color].. Celebrity Constellation..3-11..Southern Caribbean..Celebrity Millennium..5-12 Pacific Coast Wine Cruise...Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Carib. 1-13.....Celebrity Silhouette...10-13..Med. Cruise..[color=indigo]Legend of the Seas..Southern Carib.2-15....Taking a TA on the " Big Silly"..4-16..Oasis of the Seas...4-17.Celebrity Reflection..11-17 Going South Again!!
Florida
3,451 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Well, I'm upright (you just can't tell) and will be sober until vacation...

Beau...what other tours are you doing besides the tequila tour?

You will really enjoy this mega ship...try to search out all of the "little wonders". I think there are around 40 of them throughout the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Bradenton, Fl
3,146 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by shortstuft
Well, I'm upright (you just can't tell) and will be sober until vacation...

Beau...what other tours are you doing besides the tequila tour?

You will really enjoy this mega ship...try to search out all of the "little wonders". I think there are around 40 of them throughout the ship.
CORRECTION... there used to be 40 little wonders throughout the ship but I brought one home with me the last time we sailed on the Oasis. Her name is Jill
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Destiny, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, Brilliance of the Seas 4/8/05, Adventure of the Seas 4/23/06, Empress of the Seas 4/9/07, Sovereign of the Seas 11/30/07, Liberty of the Seas 4/26/08, Sovereign of the Seas 8/1/08, Granduer of the Seas 11/20/08, Freedom of the Seas 4/26/09, Monarch of the Seas 9/25/09, Oasis of the Seas 4/24/10, Monarch of the Seas 11/29/10, Freedom of the Seas 4/10/11, 10/31/11 Monarch of the Seas, 11/27/11 Freedom of the Seas, 4/23/12 Jewel of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas 7/2/12, Monarch of the Seas 10/29/12. Jewel of the Seas 12/8/12, Jewel of the Seas 4/27/13, Freedom of the Seas 8/11/13, Brilliance of the Seas 2/1/14, Freedom of the seas 6/8/14, Enchantment of the Seas 8/29/14, Vision of the Seas 11/29/14, Vision of the Seas 3/28/15, Enchantment of the Seas 6/5/15, Vision of the Seas 12/16/15, Majesty of the Seas 5/27/16, Freedom of the Seas 7/17/16, Oasis of the Seas 4/23/17, 6/7/17 Empress of the Seas

Florida
3,451 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
OMG...Gary...how sweet.....someone is going to get lucky tonight....

I'll buy a lottery ticket on the way home for you...........
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill
Bradenton, Fl
3,146 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by shortstuft
omg...gary...how sweet.....someone is going to get lucky tonight....

i'll buy a lottery ticket on the way home for you...........:d

yippeeeeee!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Destiny, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Celebrity Summit, Brilliance of the Seas 4/8/05, Adventure of the Seas 4/23/06, Empress of the Seas 4/9/07, Sovereign of the Seas 11/30/07, Liberty of the Seas 4/26/08, Sovereign of the Seas 8/1/08, Granduer of the Seas 11/20/08, Freedom of the Seas 4/26/09, Monarch of the Seas 9/25/09, Oasis of the Seas 4/24/10, Monarch of the Seas 11/29/10, Freedom of the Seas 4/10/11, 10/31/11 Monarch of the Seas, 11/27/11 Freedom of the Seas, 4/23/12 Jewel of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas 7/2/12, Monarch of the Seas 10/29/12. Jewel of the Seas 12/8/12, Jewel of the Seas 4/27/13, Freedom of the Seas 8/11/13, Brilliance of the Seas 2/1/14, Freedom of the seas 6/8/14, Enchantment of the Seas 8/29/14, Vision of the Seas 11/29/14, Vision of the Seas 3/28/15, Enchantment of the Seas 6/5/15, Vision of the Seas 12/16/15, Majesty of the Seas 5/27/16, Freedom of the Seas 7/17/16, Oasis of the Seas 4/23/17, 6/7/17 Empress of the Seas

USA
1,386 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by CruzHawk
CORRECTION... there used to be 40 little wonders throughout the ship but I brought one home with me the last time we sailed on the Oasis. Her name is Jill

AWWWWWW

Jill good dodge with the lottery ticket.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Girl Forever
Florida
3,451 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
I got home yesterday and Gary wanted to know where his lottery ticket was...

Glad Becki isn't in London right now. So much stuff going on there right now.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jill