Just Back From Elbe Princesse: 5 Reasons Americans Might Enjoy CroisiEurope – and Som

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:18 AM.
New York
7,287 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
New Article on Cruise Critic:
Just Back From Elbe Princesse: 5 Reasons Americans Might Enjoy CroisiEurope – and Some Reasons They Won't
http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6982
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email me: [email protected]

I am not an employee of Cruise Critic and I don't speak for Cruise Critic. All opinions are mine alone. Also, I'm only a Host on the various River forums -- everywhere else I'm "just plain Jazz."

Booked:
Backroads Italian Lakes Walking Tour 5-2017
Crown Princess Classic Canada & New England 10-2017
Azamara Quest Costa Rica 1-2018
AMA Discover Africa 5-2018
Viking Sun British Isles Explorer 8-2018
Celebrity Caribbean B2B 1-2019

Completed [click on links for reviews]:
Norwegian Pride of America Hawaii 10-2016
Azamara Quest Norwegian Fjords 8-2016
Celebrity Constellation Greek Isles 5-2016
AmaDagio Provence 9-2015 – three pages (keep clicking on "Older Posts")
Celebrity Xpedition Galapagos 5-2015
Celebrity Eclipse Southern Carib 3-2015
Fresco Tours A Kinder Camino 9-2014
Crystal Serenity Mediterranean 5-2014
Coral Princess Panama Canal 1-2014
AmaCello Rhine 8-2013
Coral Princess Alaska 6-2013
Norwegian Dawn Caribbean 3-2013 / Celebrity Summit Caribbean 1-2012 / Oceania Insignia Mediterranean 5-2011 / Fair Dinkum (Erie Canal bareboat) 7-2003 / Costa Italia Caribbean 5-1974
2,441 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
As part of Road Scholar trips we have been on 2 Croisie cruises. On both trips the Food and beverage manager paid close attention to people's food allergies. The food on both trips was regional. In Spain there was one evening that they served a cod dish that I couldn't eat. There was enough other dishes so that I did not leave the table hungry. We will be going on the Loire Princess in Oct. and I expect good French food, but if there is a meal that I didn't care for, I won't starve. I really hope that this report doesn't keep people from trying some of the unique itineraries offered by Croisie.
Rhine, Germany
1,620 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
I agree, Pacmom, it would be a pity if people gave the opportunity of different itneraries a miss because of the food. I can understand that familiarity with food is important for a lot of people but I am sure that the dedicated crews will be happy to help with finding appropriate alternatives for everyone. While I have not saile with them yet, I did enjoy the "open ship" presentation in Cologne and liked the jovial atmosphere as well as the helpful lady at the reception desk that day.

CroisiEurope not only offers different rivers in Europe than the cruise lines solely marketing to the US but they also have combined unique itineraries like cycling on the Moselle-cum-cruising or the Rhine and the Neckar combined for example. You get closer to Heidelberg with them on the river than with any other internationally operating cruise line, no long coach trip from Mannheim necessary...

By the way, the maximum length of their ships 110m.

notamermaid
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Transocean Belvedere Danube April 2013
English Channel Crossings 1984 to present:
Calais - Dover
Ostend - Dover
Dutch island hopping 1980's
Many Rhine river short trips
Long Island, NY
6,174 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Originally posted by notamermaid
I agree, Pacmom, it would be a pity if people gave the opportunity of different itneraries a miss because of the food. I can understand that familiarity with food is important for a lot of people but I am sure that the dedicated crews will be happy to help with finding appropriate alternatives for everyone. While I have not saile with them yet, I did enjoy the "open ship" presentation in Cologne and liked the jovial atmosphere as well as the helpful lady at the reception desk that day.

CroisiEurope not only offers different rivers in Europe than the cruise lines solely marketing to the US but they also have combined unique itineraries like cycling on the Moselle-cum-cruising or the Rhine and the Neckar combined for example. You get closer to Heidelberg with them on the river than with any other internationally operating cruise line, no long coach trip from Mannheim necessary...

By the way, the maximum length of their ships 110m.

notamermaid
There should be at least two choices. Not trying to be a whiny First World problem person, but if it is a vacation, you should get a choice, not forced to eat something you really never eat or care for. For example, on the excursion to Rudesheim dinner, there was pork roast served family style. Of course some folks due to religious beliefs or they simply don't care for it, don't eat pork. So roast chicken was another choice.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Got2Cruise
Planning the cruise is half the fun.