Week of March 28: Me Time

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Community Contests

Weekly Contest

Have fun with weekly contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:59 AM.
Ewing, NJ
2,474 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
When you cruise there are so many activities, shows, restaurants, and more to keep you entertained. With that thought in mind, is there something you do on a cruise or vacation that is just for you? "Me Time" if you will.

An example, and my "me time". I cruise with my family/kids so cruising is more active than relaxing generally. On every single cruise I will carve out an hour or so of me time. The little can go off to the club or do something with dad. The teen is self sufficient so she can be with her new cruise friends or in her club. My routine has been one or the other dependent on what type of room we have. If we have a balcony room I will lay out on a lounger on the balcony and close my eyes and just let my senses take it all in - the sea, the breeze, the sun. It is really quieting for the mind and a good recharge. Most spas have some sort of "room" - on Disney it is the Rainforest Room. They have these heated tile loungers -- I will spend the $15 or whatever the daypass cost is now and spend an hour on the lounger. The heat from the lounger and the sun pouring in has the same quieting effect that the balcony session mentioned above has. I will do one if not both of these things at least once on every cruise to recharge and have my me time

How about you?

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate. While all are welcome to participate, At this time we can only ship within the US. Thanks for understanding
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Jenn
Senior Community Support
Contact Us

Submit your cruise review with photos for a chance to win Cruise Critic Logo gear. A prize is awarded weekly.
New York
5,480 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
If we are sailing to a warm climate and we have a balcony, I like to sit and relax by just looking out at the waves for an hour or so. It is so peaceful and relaxing to just be sitting and enjoying the "scenery" away from all the hustle and bustle of everyone trying to cramp in as many activities as they can. Or, I try to find a quiet spot on an open deck and just relax in a deck chair. Sea days are great for just hanging out and relaxing.

MARAPRINCE
Port Wentworth, GA
14 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
"Me time" is usually Day At Sea days taking a walk on the walk/jog deck with my music playing, watching the waves go by. It is so refreshing to get out, feel like you are getting some exercise and just relax and enjoy the beauty of the ocean.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Pride of America
NCL Dawn x2
NCL Sky x2
NCL Pearl x2
NCL Epic
NCL Sun x2
NCL Jewel
NCL Majesty
New York
317 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
For Me time is Walking around the ship early in the morning and then getting a coffee waiting for my bride to get up or going to the Cigar bar and having a cigar and glass of Cognac.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Diamond
Home Lines Oceanic 1981 Nassau/Bermuda
Home Lines Oceanic 1983 Nassau/Bermuda
Home Lines Atlantic 1985 Bermuda
Home Lines Homeric 1987 Bermuda
RCCL Allure of the Seas 06/2012 Western Caribbean
RCCL Jewel of the Seas 12/2012 Western Caribbean
RCCL Serenade of the Seas 6/12/2013 Mediteranean
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 05/06/2015 Bermuda/Caribbean
RCCL Radiance of the Seas 07/04/2016 SB Alaska Cruisetour
Next up
RCCL Jewel of the Seas 04/22/2018 Southern Caribbean
RCCL Symphony of the Seas 04/20/2019 Western Caribbean
Long Island ,NY
2,690 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
My time is listening to enjoyable music ,partaking in trivia and endeavoring to take in everything the ship has to offer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lenny
Northern NJ, United States
404 Posts
Joined May 2012
My "me time" begins even before we board with my prepping for it. I download a couple titles from my favorite authors and a couple CDs worth of music onto my Kindle apps on my phone and tablet(even better is when brand new music and books are released just before I sail!). While on board, I scout out the areas that are going to be comfy(or on our balcony in the room if we've booked one), grab some snacks and a drink and read and listen to music. My other "me time" activity is booking wine, beer or spirits tastings during the cruise, since my family members I travel with aren't interested in them.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

SavSave

Detroit MI
15 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
The best "Me" time is taking an hour or so and spending it in the Persian Gardens. The Persian Gardens on the Reflection was wonderful and so relaxing.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Daryn

02/2017 Celebrity Reflection - Western Caribbean

01/2011 Celebrity Eclipse - Eastern Caribbean

04/2004 Celebrity Millennium - Eastern Caribbean

03/1996 RC Majesty of the Seas - Western Caribbean

04/1994 Carnival Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean
Virginia
3,752 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
My favorite "me time" is getting up early to watch the sunrise and depending on the itinerary, seeing other islands as we pass with a cup of coffee. I normally like to sleep in a little, but do enjoy getting up early on cruises so I usually have the alarm clock set for 5:30AM since sunrise has generally been around 6AM. If our balcony is on the sunrise side, then I usually go up to Lido for the coffee and bring it back down to our cabin to watch from the balcony. If not, I take my camera and stop on Lido for coffee then head up to the outside decks for the views. My favorites are the southern itinerary out of San Juan because we pass other islands we don't stop at, but love seeing them as we sail past (ex: Montserrat, Redonda, and Nevis on our way into St. Kitts...what a beautiful sight) and also sailing into the islands we'll be visiting, most are very scenic and mountainous. I usually to this while having a cup of coffee from the Lido Deck, and I always have my camera to get pictures. Although there are others out, it's usually very quiet. If we're on the western itinerary, I still like to get up and head to the outer decks as we sail into the ports.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Festivale - June 14 - 21, 1992 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Martinique, San Juan)
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas - January 16 - 23, 2000 (Mexican Riviera: Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles)
Carnival Miracle - March 12 - 19, 2006 (Western Caribbean: Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya, Tampa)
Carnival Glory - May 9 - 16, 2010 (Eastern Caribbean: Miami, HMC Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Miami)
Carnival Valor - May 5 - 12, 2013 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan)
VALOR 2013 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645

Carnival Liberty - April 5 - 12, 2014 (Western Caribbean: Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman...missed port, Miami)
LIBERTY 2014 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039919
Carnival Liberty - September 20 - 27, 2015 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan)
LIBERTY 2015 REVIEW:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573
1,233 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
I am usually the only one in our group that goes to the CC Meet and Mingle so that is "my me" time. The rest of the cruise "my me" time is on the balcony taking in the sun and sea.
Florida
24 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
My me time on each cruise is a nice relaxing couples massage! My hubby and I both love the relaxing massage, and following our massage, we retreat for cocktails on our balcony!! Makes for a very relaxing day! That's our day to unwind, not rush to get to scheduled excursion or meeting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
123 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
An hour or so on our balcony, with a hot coffee (outside of vacations I never seem to be able to get to drink a coffee while it's still hot), a good book, and the view. Sigh. Heaven.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
MS
51 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Me time.....well in my case I get lots of that, no hubby, no kids, so my cruise coming up in August will be lots of "fun me time"!!! It's been a while since I have had an extended vacation so I'm definitely looking forward to this cruise! Also to meeting new people and making new friends, almost at 25 for our CC M&M Party and this will be my first of those so definitely looking forward to that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2017-Carnival Dream-Montego Bay/Grand Cayman/Cozumel
2003~Carnival Fascination~Cozumel/Key West
1993~NCL S/S Norway~St Thomas/St John/St Croix
1991 Admiral/SS Emerald Seas~Bahamas/Cococay

DeKalb, IL
111 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
"Me time" is an hour or so, maybe a couple of times, sitting and having a delicious coffee at the Cafe al Bacio on Celebrity, and.........people watch. Try and figure out where they are from, who they are with, what are they looking forward to......and most importantly, to see all the smiles.

Keeping the sails set high,

Andy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Granbury, Texas
22 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
My "me time" would have to be sunrise or sunset on the balcony with a glass of bubbly
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

If life is a dream... don't wake me up!
Kansas
7 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
Me time is getting up early, throwing on some shorts and a ball cap, getting a cup of coffee and heading up top to watch the world go by. It's great early in the morning as there are only a few of us up and around. This will be our 5th cruise and we ARE going to watch the sunrise some morning!!!!!