Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:10 PM.
Washington
5,311 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by dmfriedman
Of course, the sole purpose of that cruise will be to beat the pastry chef into submission until he tells me the recipe for the cake...

No need to do that. If you book the Chef's table, they tell you the recipe and give a demonstration.

HOWEVER...IMO the recipe would work a lot better if they added a nib of frozen chocolate ganache to the center before baking.
FL
3 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
Chef'a Table? There were no 'chefs' on my cruise ... just lousy cooks that even burned my oder of fried eggs over easy. Glad I got the recipe elsewhere.
Texas
6 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
This is the recipe for Melting Chocolate Cake that I used. Be sure you don't overcook it.

Ingredients Nutrition
  • Servings

• Yield

8 ramekins

• US

Directions
  1. Melt chocolate and butter together.
  2. Mix half of eggs and sugar and whisk for a few minutes. Add flour. Then add rest of the eggs.
  3. Add egg mix to the melted chocolate mix.
  4. Pour mixture in individual ramekin cups.
  5. Bake in oven at 390 degrees (200 celsius) for 15-20 minutes.
  6. To serve, sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
Ohio
73 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by dmfriedman
I am desperately hoping someone might be able to get a recipe for Carnival's warm chocolate melting cake -- the one that's now on the alternative menu every night. My girlfriend fell in love with it and now I want to be able to make it for her.

If anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Googled it, and it came right up. Good luck! (Not sure if I can post it here, as it was on another Cruise website...)