soft side rolling cooler

quilter06

Will they allow us to bring soft drinks in a 12X12X27 inch soft sided rolling bag that has fabric on the outside and looks like a regular carryon but has the silver insulated liner on the inside? If not, will they allow us to use it as a carryon with our towels and bathing suits and just hand carry on the soft drinks? Our family of 23 has several children and 2 seniors so we want to make embarking as easy as possible. Thanks!

Will they allow us to bring soft drinks in a 12X12X27 inch soft sided rolling bag that has fabric on the outside and looks like a regular carryon but has the silver insulated liner on the inside? If not, will they allow us to use it as a carryon with our towels and bathing suits and just hand carry on the soft drinks? Our family of 23 has several children and 2 seniors so we want to make embarking as easy as possible. Thanks!

Nope... sorry, they won't. They're quite strict about the 12X12X12 rule. In fact, just recently, we had a report that a bag, that the poster said was not a cooler but had a plastic liner, was confiscated as it was larger than the permitted size cooler.

:)

I read in a post a couple of weeks ago that it was not allowed, even as a carry on. The silver lining in the bag technically makes it a cooler. Since the size was too large Carnival made the passenger throw it away. Another poster said they ripped out the lining in order to take it on as a carry on.

Do a search and you might find the thread.

What Mach says. Plus, if your group is that large, you can bring several smaller 12x12x12 coolers. For larger coolers, I suggest you look at collaspible coolers that can be packed flat in your checked luggage. Then use a rollerbag or luggage cart/dolly to carry on the sodas and waters.

What Mach says. Plus, if your group is that large, you can bring several smaller 12x12x12 coolers. For larger coolers, I suggest you look at collaspible coolers that can be packed flat in your checked luggage. Then use a rollerbag or luggage cart/dolly to carry on the sodas and waters.

If we pack the rolling bag in check on luggage could we use it as we exit and enter the ship on shore excursion days for towels, etc.?

If we pack the rolling bag in check on luggage could we use it as we exit and enter the ship on shore excursion days for towels, etc.?

Yes as long as it fits through the scanner getting back on board the ship.

Since before exiting the ship going into the ports you pass the scanners you could simply ask the security folks if it will fit through there.

They will advise you yes or no.

I would not suggest it...

We have a rolling cooler that looks like carry on luggage that we have packed with towels and shoes every cruise and checked it with our other luggage, with absolutely no problems.

Our last cruise we had a private tour in Roatan for the day.

It was a group of four and hot as heck that day, so I did not even think about the cooler full of waters.

When we arrived back at the pier, I dumped out the remaining ice and again, thought nothing about reboarding.

When we were going through security, I just threw the now empty cooler on the conveyor.

But even though I had dumped the ice, there was still some moisture and it left a bit of water on the conveyor.

The security guys gave me a cockeyed look and started to say something, when the lady behind us in line spilled the contents of her huge purse all into the x-ray machine.

In the confusion, I grabbed the cooler and headed to the elevator.

So I would say, pack your cooler and check it with the rest of your luggage, but do not try to bring it off the ship in ports, unless you are willing to possibly lose it.

Bill

Archived