Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver port

sld58

We're taking Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver in June. It's $32/pp one way. Only 1 train per day, though. It leaves at 7:30.

There is a bus that runs from SeaTac to Vancouver. http://www.quickshuttle.com They run $52 and change. Takes around 3 hours.

The train ride is supposed to be beautiful.

ttfn,

Bruce

That is what I just posted, they are one in the same. :)

That's what happens when one doesn't post a reply right away! :)

I really recommend the train, but it is only once each day and 7:30am is going to be before most planes get there.

Our solution was to mooch off, uh, stay with, some relatives who live in Bellevue (and we haven't seen for a few years) for a couple of nights and they'll drop us at the Amtrak station early the day of our cruise.

Regards,

Bruce

What is the best and cheapest way to get from Seattle to the Port of Vancouver?

Dear sld yes amtrak has a train that leaves seattle at 730 but Amtrak has a bus too they leave at 10 45 am and then every 4 hours you can call in advance and reserve 56 dollars for two we are taking the golden on a reposioning cruise :) from vancouver to seattle on a one day cruise and amtraking on their bus so much fun woohoo

We purchased transfers from Celebrity last year...it was really easy... until we arrived at the airport in Seattle and found out they had left 7 of our 10 pieces of luggage at the pier in Vancouver.:mad: (We were a party of 6) Took them over 1 week to get it to us and two of the bags were damaged beyond repair.

I still would use this option if possible though, you don't have to transfer to a train or bus station. Just make double sure your luggage is on the bus with you!!!!! Good luck and have a wonderful trip!:D

The Amtrac train and buses are likely your least expensive cost but you still have the transfer cost from the train to the cruise terminal. If you are departing from Canada Place then SkyTrain which is located across form the station is an option at $2.50 (CDN only) pp. If you departing from the Ballantyne pier or if you have a lots of baggage then taxi is you only option which will cost $10/15. Quick Coach has the advantage that it is seamless and drops you off at the cruise terminal.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info on this thread.

I just booked the bus from SeaTac to Ballentyne pier-I like the fact that there are no other transfers involved and we won't have to use taxis, shuttles, etc., so it should be an easy and stress free way to make the trip. The cost was a little over $50 each (there is a slight discount for over 60).The one we selected leaves SeaTac at 8 and gets to the pier at about 1 pm.

I am hoping it will be an interesting and scenic trip through Seattle, north to Vancouver, and through that area to the ship. Any feedback on that? Which side of the bus might be more scenic?

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Thanks for all the info on this thread.

I just booked the bus from SeaTac to Ballentyne pier-I like the fact that there are no other transfers involved and we won't have to use taxis, shuttles, etc., so it should be an easy and stress free way to make the trip. The cost was a little over $50 each (there is a slight discount for over 60).The one we selected leaves SeaTac at 8 and gets to the pier at about 1 pm.

I am hoping it will be an interesting and scenic trip through Seattle, north to Vancouver, and through that area to the ship. Any feedback on that? Which side of the bus might be more scenic?

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Unlike the train, that follows the water up, the bus goes all the way up the freeway. Not a whole lot of scenery to see.

We're taking Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver in June. It's $32/pp one way. Only 1 train per day, though. It leaves at 7:30.

There is a bus that runs from SeaTac to Vancouver. http://www.quickshuttle.com They run $52 and change. Takes around 3 hours.

ttfn,

Bruce

i have taken the quick shuttle and they were great. the bus was right at the gate at the airport to pick us up. the bus was nice and clean with comfy seats. the scenery was good on the way to vancouver and they dropped us off right at our pre-cruise hotel downtown. after the cruise the bus was right at the dock to take us back to seattle. make sure you have your confirmation print out with you. they do ask for it before you can get on the bus.. it was a very inexpensive way to get to vancouver and i was not sorry i used them. have a greatg time.

4 of us are arriving in Seattle in Sept. We are driving up the next day to

Vancouver. The car is $132. one way plus gas, about $40. We can

enjoy the scenery, stop at some wineries to pick up wine for the cruise.

Drop the car off at Canada Place.

Just did the reverse 3 weeks ago. The drive is so easy.

Hi,:) I am taking the train in September as well. I got a better

price than the 32.00 originally posted on this thread.

I am paying 25.00 with AAA discount:D

ttfn,

Bruce

did the train in 1999--it was absolutely fantastic--beautiful scenery.

i have taken the quick shuttle and they were great. the bus was right at the gate at the airport to pick us up. the bus was nice and clean with comfy seats. the scenery was good on the way to vancouver and they dropped us off right at our pre-cruise hotel downtown. after the cruise the bus was right at the dock to take us back to seattle. make sure you have your confirmation print out with you. they do ask for it before you can get on the bus.. it was a very inexpensive way to get to vancouver and i was not sorry i used them. have a greatg time.

how long did it take to get from the terminal back to seattle airport? wouold it be possible to make a 1pm flight out of Seattle? we would have priority debarkation, guess we could even do express check-out. what times does the shuttle run? I will need to follow the link listed by you guys. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

should have followed the link before I posted. It is NOT possible to do that flight. Any other suggestions as to how to get from Vancouver to Seattle airport? thanks

If Quick Shuttle doesn't work for you then the only other options are to rent a car but by the time you get your bags, rent a car and allow 5 hrs for the drive and border delays.....you still can't make it. You could look into flying to Seattle or changing your flight time and I think when push comes to shove it will be best to change your flight time.

If Quick Shuttle doesn't work for you then the only other options are to rent a car but by the time you get your bags, rent a car and allow 5 hrs for the drive and border delays.....you still can't make it. You could look into flying to Seattle or changing your flight time and I think when push comes to shove it will be best to change your flight time.

thanks for the reply. I think we will just spend the night in Seattle. it costs waaaaaaaay too much to fly out of Vancouver and the last flight that is open on Southwest that day is 1 pm.A My BIL has plenty of hotel reward points, which we will use on a day before the cruise since all of the "cheap" flights to Anchorage get there late.

Archived