New Park/Cruise Special

injunjoe

Just booked a park and cruise special with Holiday Inn - French Quarter at 124 Royal Street. It is located in the FQ between Iberville & Canal. The rate is $129 per night and parking for the 1st night is $23. You can park there up 7 additional days at no extra charge. Their website is at http://www.ichotelsgroup.com and their phone is 504-529-7211. It is so nice to find a place that will actually honor their posted rate.

Injun Joe

Back on the Sensation in May

I booked the Holiday Inn Convention Center for the same price $129. plus $12 (Fulton Garage) for the night you stay - other 7 days covered in the price. Very close to the pier. Go to http://holiday-inn-select-new-orleans-convention-center.com/html/new_orleans_hotel_discounts_.html for info. Ask for the Park and Cruise Special. Couple other perks.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the Holiday Inn French Quarter for March 5 and they are charging me $149, but the lady said that is including all taxes and other charges. Has anyone actually stayed there and is this rate consistant with what others are paying?

Taxes can add a big chunk of money. :) As mentioned above, I have stayed there. Excellent location and if needed a Walgreens down the block. :) I did pay less but I was there for 5 days and booked an air hotel package. Last trip I stayed at LaQuinta and found a fare of $200 less on http://www.lowestfare.com compared to all other sites. This was for 7 days.

I stayed at the Camp LaQuinta- 1 block from Canal, and never took a cab. Streetcar is also 1 block. But I have no mobility limitations and walked to Frenchman several times- probably not doable for some. I also only take the city bus from the airport and walked to the hotel and took the street car back- to Elk. I also only travel light and have a quality rolling bag. My cheapness allows me 8 weeks of travel per year (with 4 weeks in Alaska/year). So certainly not for everyone. The La Quinta breakfast was a great add on and the $69 rate a bargain.

The LaQuintas are located away from the terminal, etc. but cabfare rates included will still save you much money over a $150 hotel room. We are staying at LaQuinta Free (due to rewards program) and taking a cab to the ship terminal. I feel like this is the best deal for us, plus LaQuinta's are pretty standard quality across the board---you know what you are getting.

But that's us....

We are staying at the Holiday Inn-French Quarter in June. How easy is it to get

around the hotel and area in a wheelchair? My dad booked this hotel for the

family because of it's access to the French Quarter.

Archived