50% deposit

BusyBlond

No. you still have to put down whatever deposit they are requiring. You might be able to have it applied before the rest of the deposit is due, but something tells me that Carnival will still require the remaining deposit to be paid as normal and won't allow the fcc to be used that easy unless you are lucky enough to find a cruise fare lower than the normally required deposit....and if you do find one like that, book it fast!

the FCC is ony $100, so I knew we would have to pay some to boot, just didn't know if it could be used in conjunction with 1/2 deposit. this is the first time I've ever bought a FCC so just wasn't sure about all the "fine print" LOL

so I noticed on carnival's website today that they have 1/2 deposits through saturday. Can I use my future cruise certificate toward a reduced deposit?

I thought all you had to give is FCC.

Not sure why everyone keeps saying you can't use an FCC as part of a deposit. Article 5 under terms and conditions states:

5. This certificate can be applied as a deposit but does not serve as a full deposit for all sailings. The recipient is responsible for covering any difference in the full deposit at the time of booking.

So I would guess as long as the 1/2 deposit isn't only $100 or less, you should be able to use your FCC.

yeah, I assumed that it could be used as part of the deposit as well, howvever, when my TA called carnival, she was told that we had to pay the deposit and then send in the certificate and it would be applied to the balance.

We ended up not doing the 1/2 price deposit because the the pricing they showed for that sale was $60 more per person overall, just to get the reduced deposit. it was cheaper for us to just pay the full deposit on a 1A cabin and have the certificate applied to our balance. Carnival's 50% deposit is not nearly as customer friendly as NCLs.

Not sure why everyone keeps saying you can't use an FCC as part of a deposit. Article 5 under terms and conditions states:

5. This certificate can be applied as a deposit but does not serve as a full deposit for all sailings. The recipient is responsible for covering any difference in the full deposit at the time of booking.

So I would guess as long as the 1/2 deposit isn't only $100 or less, you should be able to use your FCC.

I bet they will not let you use it on a half off deposit. Carnival is apparently in need of some cash on hand and a cert is not going to do it.

I thought all you had to give is FCC.

Carnival has a site where you apply the FCC to your cruise once its booked.

It takes a while and if you push, they will sometimes apply it to the deposit, but its highly not recommended as you chance having your booking cancelled for nonpayment.

Carnival always recommends using the FCC and applies it to the balance due.

yeah, I assumed that it could be used as part of the deposit as well, howvever, when my TA called carnival, she was told that we had to pay the deposit and then send in the certificate and it would be applied to the balance.

We ended up not doing the 1/2 price deposit because the the pricing they showed for that sale was $60 more per person overall, just to get the reduced deposit. it was cheaper for us to just pay the full deposit on a 1A cabin and have the certificate applied to our balance. Carnival's 50% deposit is not nearly as customer friendly as NCLs.

You no longer need to send it in .. you can apply it yourself via the website.

It has been allowed to be applied since last year some time.. someone is behind the times.

Use the website.

I'm confused.....Carnival "recommends" that you don't use the FCC for the deposit but it specifically states on the FCC that it is to be applied to the deposit (as noted above). Somethin' don't sound right.

If booking far enough in advance, always check these "72-hour Sale" rates against early saver rates.

I did the math on the cruise I recently booked. It was less expensive to book early saver with no OBC, than to book with 1/2 deposit AND OBC.

Of course, early saver rates aren't for everyone. But, my suggestion is to always do all the math first before booking theses sales! Sometimes they adjust the prices up, then put them on "sale"... so it's not always the best deal!

I'm confused.....Carnival "recommends" that you don't use the FCC for the deposit but it specifically states on the FCC that it is to be applied to the deposit (as noted above). Somethin' don't sound right.

In the wording onboard, it says the FCC is a deposit for a unbooked cruise or some such language. Im told the wording does not mean its the actual deposit .. it means it is holding a unbooked cruise. some legal jargon they thought up. I think its misleading for years when they use the word deposit for a unbooked cruise.. people think it is the deposit for their next cruise.

Ive said since they started FCCs the wording is misleading with inserting the word deposit.

If you book "early saver" the reduced deposit doesn't apply. I just booked today, and that was the case. The early saver was the best price, so I went with that.

My PVP informed me that I could book as a single, with one deposit. I could add the second person later, with another deposit. Since I am booked as a single, and my rate is double, adding the second person will not cause the fare to increase (except another set of taxes and fees), since booking early saver, my rate is locked in.

Archived