Darknight cave tubing?

theriac

Can anyone explain to me what this is. I'm going on the Carnival Pride 11/30 and we are only in port until I believe 5 or 6 so I'm curious as to what this is. It's about $15 more then the cave tubing with lunch excursion but if its worth it or anyone has done this I'd love to know. Thanks

I haven't heard of this. Is this a ship's tour? The caves are DARK which is why you're given a miner's light to use if you want. You can't do this at night as ships aren't there then.

Does the $15 more cover lunch? We pay Reggie $45@ for the cave tubing.

I was looking at the Carnival excursions also.

I'm not sure why the darknight tour cost more than the other tour with lunch.

I did notice one thing however. Under the activity level all the cave tubing tours say

difficult except for the darknight tour . it says moderate. I'm not sure what the difference is.

Edited by Bases5

We have done cave tubing with Reggie twice. (he charged $45@) We like him because his cave tubing is so very much smaller than any ship's tour. (A few years ago a Carnival passenger on their tour drowned. She was at the end of 30+ people and there was only a guide in the front so there was no one to help her!)

Anyway, there is about a 1/2 hour walk to get to the river. There is no other way to get there. The caves are the same so I can't figure why the level would be different.

Edited by Bonnie J.

Thanks, but I get what cave tubing is, I'm just curious about what the dark night cave tubing is. It's offered thru Carnival. They have Cavetubing, Cavetubing with lunch, and DarkNight cave tubing with lunch, but darknight is like 15 or 20 more then cavetubing with lunch. I'm interested if anyone has done this or has talked to someone who has done this and what the differences are.

Thanks

So there are some differences I found out, but just doing the compare button on carnivals site. Here you go for everone interested

Darknight Cave Tubing w/lunch- $79.99 Duration 6 hours

Experience breathtaking dry caves, archaeological artifacts, followed by a jungle trek with the grand finale. Enter an open air cave and enjoy the beauty of the formations. Begin at Clevis point, found at the entrance where you will hear of the importance of the caves to the Mayans. You will be amazed at the Shear Limestone walls that extend out offering shade. Pass by Drop Cave before entering the jungle, then hiking a trail that leads to the North entrance of Jaguar Cave.You will be taken back by the size of this Cave, with 100 foot ceilings, teeming with stalactites, "the finger" a fallen stalactite, as well as sparkling crystal stalagmites. You'll exit through a "secret" side entrance and hike a jungle trail along crystal clear Indian Creek to start your Darknight Cave Tubing float. As you float in the Creek; each turn brings a visual display, with polished walls from over 1000 years of flow. As the creek narrows you feel the rush as the rapids rappel you forward. Passing through the exit you turn the corner of the canopy that awaits the end of the float.

Cave Tubing w/lunch- $55.99 duration 6 hours

Jump onto your tube and feel the excitement as you float into mysterious limestone archways beckoning you into centuries old caves.

On this excursion you will;

Travel by air-conditioned motor coach to the Jaguar Jungle Camp where river guides will outfit you for your adventure.

Hike through the jungle trail to the Caves Branch River.

Feel the rush of cool water as you meander down small rapids and through the caves.

After your adventure, you make your way out the river and up to the Bush-camp Café to enjoy a tasty lunch.

Avoid the hustle and bustle of the public park and enjoy a private Carnival Cruise Lines exclusive section of the cave.

I'm assuming it's more because of the tours of dry caves and archeological aritfacts.

• 1 month later...

Very Interesting

I have read reviews and it seems there is only 1 cave system used, also many people talk about the dry caves along the way,

I still not sure if there is any real difference other than price,

I'm still researching this myself, I'll report any findings,

I found this on trip advisor Seems like there might be a different location

Quote:

I live in Belize and have experienced cave tubing at both Nohoch Che'en and now at the new Darknight location. They are both awesome experiences, but I definitely have to give the nod to Darknight. Not only is the site amazing and the guides outstanding, but the way that this operation is set up you don't have to carry your tube while taking a long hike to the entry point. There is a short and easy hike to the put in spot and your tubes and life vests are waiting for you right there. At the end, the walk back is just that --a walk. Not strenuous but beautiful! I went with a few folks younger than myself and my parents who are in their mid-60s. Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely!

Darknight is a company that the cruise lines contract with to handle some of their tubing. I went on an excursion with them back in September and loved it! They take you on a jungle walk then through dry caves before taking you to the river where you are given your tube and then tube through the cave system. Darknight is just the name of the company and does not refer to how dark it is in the caves.

Our guide did tell us that the caves they use are privately owned and are not the same caves as other companies. This appeared to be true because we did not see anyone other than the groups that came with our excursion.

I'm leaving for my cruise in 8 days and am going to ask the shore excursion people to elaborate for me. I have come across the darknight companies website. I will let you know what I am told on the ship of the differences between all the different cave tubing experiences offered. I will be back on 12/7.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm leaving for my cruise in 8 days and am going to ask the shore excursion people to elaborate for me. I have come across the darknight companies website. I will let you know what I am told on the ship of the differences between all the different cave tubing experiences offered. I will be back on 12/7.

I was wondering if you are back yet and how was darknight?

I just got back today and when I asked shore excursions they explained it to me as you get to walk thru different caves and jungle area before you do the tubing. I asked if it was the same 30 minute walk roughly that goes along with just the cave tubing and they said no it covers more ground and shows different things along with additional caves to tour on foot. It's called darknight cave tubing because that is the tour company they use for the excursion. They also discussed this tour in the Shore Excursions talk that the CD gives on the first sea day.

I didn't do this tour so I can't reccomend if it's good. I went to the ruins instead but still wanted to find out for myself, and all those interested.

Edited by theriac

• 3 months later...

We went on the Dark Night Cave Exploration and Tubing through Royal Caribbean (and there were Carnival passengers at the same location). It was during the dry season so the river was low (2-3 feet for the most part). The bus ride is long. 1.5 hours long. My father (~65 years old) and I liked it because our tour guide (Shaid) was very knowledge of the country so we felt like we knew saw much of Belize. My sons (9 & 11) just thought the bus ride was very long. The walk through the jungle was great. We saw many interesting plants/trees. The slow tubing was great and we enjoyed the very dark caves. The lunch was surprisingly really really good, which was an added bonus. It was a long day - Met on the ship at 8am and didn't get back on it until 4:30pm. I highly recommend the excursions as long as you can tolerate the bus ride.

• 1 year later...