We need a link or sticky to river cruise info on CC

I posted a request for this(or consideration)both on a post below and also sent email to both river cruise hosts.

So many ask the same question re WHICH ship,etc.If they had the link it has so many of the questions answered.Then they could ask SPECIFIC questions for us.

Is this possible,?agree it might help?:confused:

We definitely need this sticky. This is the kind of info that CC excels in. All cruisers, regardless of company chosen, could benefit and enjoy this thread.

I would also love a sticky that discusses places to buy local arts and crafts. I buy a few for my Christmas tree and also buy them for a special 8 year old's tree.

One room in my home has small paintings done by street artists that are framed 2 or 3 to a frame. Every time I go by them, I enjoy that cruise all over again!

I agree but think that other one could be incorporated under Ports section.A little more narrow interest in that,I m afraid.

BUt this would really help to answer basic questions,to find it now you must type river cruise info on main page under Search.Not even listed there ,that I can see under Cruises.:confused:

Reason for lines not having own boards: small number of pax and all going to the same ports along the rivers of Europe.

The sticky being talked about is listing all the lines and cost factors.

Really a great idea Alexandria, maybe when Jazzbeau returns from his trip it will happen.

I totally agree. The other lines have their own board...why can't river cruise lines?

I think that is a good idea. There are than a dozen that I can think of. Also, (not being sarcastic) all the Viking posts will be in one place and it will be easier to look up other lines.

ALso emailed host Dan,did not know about Host Jazzbeau being away.

Also know there is a website just for river cruises,,,can google river cruise advisor.or avid cruiser.

Give an overview and photos.

They did have separate cruise sections for awhile,but changed it back.

I agree its ALL VIKING,alll the time,it seems.??:confused::confused:

The sticky should be great and a "Viking" forum plus "All Other River Cruise Lines" would be helpful as well. If the World can have it's own forum then it is time to sub-divide the river lines. Some posters start threads and fire away questions related to Viking without even identifying the line.

Terrific ideas -- and do want to share with you that all of our river cruise reviews, features, and port information is available to you here: cruisecritic.com/river. In fact we just re-designed the section, hopefully it's helpful to you.

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Terrific ideas -- and do want to share with you that all of our river cruise reviews, features, and port information is available to you here: cruisecritic.com/river. In fact we just re-designed the section, hopefully it's helpful to you.

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

I agree that has great info.The problem is getting to it.You need direct link of some kind,sticky,announcement,etc.so that newbies can easily find it.Or we can direct them to it with a click.Would prevent all the similar questions.

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Where's Vantage?

For info like that I just save the page to a desktop link. I group all similar topics into one desktop folder. I have a travel folder with my CC link, Flyertalk, Tripadvisor, United, etc. i have the cruiser guide in there as well. I have a separate folder for travel blogs.

I too think that this is a good suggestion. Some good stickies that come to mind might be:

River Cruising vs. Ocean Cruising

Viking Longships

River Cruise Lines Compared

A lot of the questions that come to the boards could be answered in these two stickies.

FuelScience