Atlantis - Independence of the Seas, Feb 2-10, 2013, Caribbean

sharksfansd

Went on my first Atlantis cruise last March and had a fantastic time. Was able to book a room yesterday, so bookings are now open to at least those who have sailed at least once before. Looking forward to it!

Feb 2 - Ft. Lauderdale

Feb 3 - Sea

Feb 4 - Sea

Feb 5 - St. Maarten

Feb 6 - St. Kitts

Feb 7 - San Juan

Feb 8 - Labadee

Feb 9 - Sea

Feb 10 - Ft. Lauderdale

my first cruise longer than 7 days, i'm excited

Yeah, I am glad that RCCL has the extra day set up in this itinerary. I see you were on both Atlantis Allure cruises. How did you like it the second time around?

Atlantis has opened the Feb 2013 Caribbean cruise on the Independence to public sale. I just booked it today. This will be my first Atlantis cruise, but I went on the RSVP Eastern Caribbean cruise last month. Loved the RSVP cruise, but defintely looking forward to sailing on Royal Caribbean and trying the Atlantis experience.

Atlantis has opened the Feb 2013 Caribbean cruise on the Independence to public sale. I just booked it today. This will be my first Atlantis cruise, but I went on the RSVP Eastern Caribbean cruise last month. Loved the RSVP cruise, but defintely looking forward to sailing on Royal Caribbean and trying the Atlantis experience.

I haven't tried RSVP yet, but will probably do so at some point down the line. The Atlantis trip on the Serenade of the Seas last March was a really good time and the RCCL staff was great.

I am curious to see if Atlantis going to run two Caribbean cruises in the 1st quarter next year since they have an Australian and Asia trip planned too. I assume we will find out in the next couple of weeks, as those on the Celebrity trip should be able to let us know. I think this cruise will probably sell out either way though.

• 3 weeks later...

My partner and I are booked for this cruise. We snagged an aft balcony cabin (my favorite location for a cabin). Normally, we go with a group of friends, but for this cruise, we may be on our own. I love Atlantis cruises. We skipped a year this past year in exchange for a different type of vacation, but we decided we like the cruises more so we're back. Looking forward to it.

My partner and I are booked for this cruise. We snagged an aft balcony cabin (my favorite location for a cabin). Normally, we go with a group of friends, but for this cruise, we may be on our own. I love Atlantis cruises. We skipped a year this past year in exchange for a different type of vacation, but we decided we like the cruises more so we're back. Looking forward to it.

My friend (his first Atlantis cruise) and I are on a hump cabin. It will be a great time!

Hello boys, just booked this cruise today directly through Atlantis. Tried to book a suite, but they were all sold out. Can't wait to go on my first gay cruise!:p

P.S. - Also my first time using cruise critic. Cool site.

Hello boys, just booked this cruise today directly through Atlantis. Tried to book a suite, but they were all sold out. Can't wait to go on my first gay cruise!:p

You are in for a fun week!

Yeah, I am glad that RCCL has the extra day set up in this itinerary. I see you were on both Atlantis Allure cruises. How did you like it the second time around?

I enjoyed both Allure cruises, second time around had about 1000 less passengers. So much entertainment it was hard to choose what to see since its nearly impossible to see it all. I think the t-dances in the Aqua Theater were the best, what a sight.

I am looking forward to Indy in 2013, my first Atlantis cruise was on sister ship Liberty and it is perfect size and set up for Atlantis charters, also liked the spa set up better on Liberty compared to Allure.

There is a facebook group for this cruise if anyone is interested:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo&__adt=9&__att=iframe#!/events/235915996498174/

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I have been a member for ages, but haven't posted that much. It is a great site though.

I am sure you will enjoy your first gay cruise. Quite a different experience from a non-chartered cruise.

Bloom9 posted the official FB page for this cruise above, but there is also an unofficial page as well: https://www.facebook.com/events/235915996498174/#!/groups/233200163444862/

Less than 300 days to go! :D

I enjoyed both Allure cruises, second time around had about 1000 less passengers. So much entertainment it was hard to choose what to see since its nearly impossible to see it all. I think the t-dances in the Aqua Theater were the best, what a sight.

I am looking forward to Indy in 2013, my first Atlantis cruise was on sister ship Liberty and it is perfect size and set up for Atlantis charters, also liked the spa set up better on Liberty compared to Allure.

Glad to hear that the Independence will work out well. I did regret not trying the Allure this year, but maybe they will do Allure or Oasis in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

The husband and I booked today! Should be a lot of fun. It will be great to get out of Toronto for some hot weather in February. We are going down on the Wednesday before and will stay at one of the guesthouses.

By the way, what is a hump cabin?

The husband and I booked today! Should be a lot of fun. It will be great to get out of Toronto for some hot weather in February. We are going down on the Wednesday before and will stay at one of the guesthouses.

By the way, what is a hump cabin?

Welcome to the board! Have been to Toronto twice and love it there.

A hump cabin on the Independence is on the part of the ship that sticks out a little bit. Attached a pic here.

1258078044_independencehumpcabin.jpg.754547c53b9c547f8f6242aae7a83a3d.jpg

Me and my partner are booked on this cruise. Our last cruise was on a Carnival ship with RSVP quite a while ago. We are really looking forward to trying out Atlantis on the Independence.

• 4 months later...

Haven't had much chatter on this one lately.

As the weather is getting cooler here (Toronto), the Caribbean is already sounding like a good idea.

Interesting that RSVP abandoned their plans to go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and now is planning on doing the Easter Caribbean for the week after our cruise.

We are probably going to stay at a gay guesthouse in FLL prior to the cruise for about 3 or 4 days. Anyone else doing that or are you looking at hotels?

this will be our first Atlantis cruise. Have sailed on 3 RSVP recently, Alaska, West Carib, East Carib. Have heard the good and bad about Atlantis and figured we'd give it a go. Seems like the ship is large enough to avoid (or find) the bad and naughty that we've read about :D.

Any advice on how the party's, door decorating, daily activities differ from RSVP? In our opinion, RSVP is great, but a bit subdued and vanilla, especially in finding daily activities. Are the "rules" more relaxed on Atlantis, as we hear the sexual energy is much higher....

always looking forward to our next cruise...

RSVP, HAL, MS Westerdam, August 2009

RSVP, HAL, MS Nieuw Amsterdam, February 2011

RSVP, HAL, MS Nieuw Amsterdam, February 2012

Atlantis, RCCL, Independence of the Seas, February 2013

I have been on three Atlantis cruises and they have all been slightly different. The first one - ten days in South America - had a very charged atmosphere. Things got quite out of control in the public areas in the wee hours of the morning. Other regular Atlantis cruisers told me that they have never seen anything like that on board before.

The next one was a Mexican cruise that had a lot of circuit guys and was very party oriented. The atmosphere was a bit free and easy and the parties went very late.

The most recent one was much more laid back - a lot of people said it was more like an RSVP cruise.

The February one will depend on the type of crowd and the mix of guys, but I promise you that you will have a good time. There will be 3000 men on the ship. Some will dance all night, some will want to hook up and some will go to bed at 1030 with their partners every night.

I look forward to seeing you there!

• 3 weeks later...
Haven't had much chatter on this one lately.

As the weather is getting cooler here (Toronto), the Caribbean is already sounding like a good idea.

Interesting that RSVP abandoned their plans to go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and now is planning on doing the Easter Caribbean for the week after our cruise.

We are probably going to stay at a gay guesthouse in FLL prior to the cruise for about 3 or 4 days. Anyone else doing that or are you looking at hotels?

I think that was a wise decision for RSVP. And I loved Curacao on the Atlantis March cruise in 2011.

Flying into FLL the day before, so just going to get a hotel for one night.

Is February yet?!

Archived