Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Norwegian Cruise Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Norwegian Cruise Line
- Read thousands of Norwegian Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Norwegian Cruise Deals
- Write a Norwegian Cruise Review
- Find Your Norwegian Roll Call
See posts about:
Norwegian Bliss
Norwegian Escape
Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Spirit

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Star

Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Getaway
Pride of America
Norwegian Sun

Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Jade
Norwegian Sky

Old August 8th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Ques re: potential upgrade on Dawn pls!

Hi all, thanks for all the great info! Hubby and I are planning on booking a category AF Mini-Suite on the Dawn. For those who have sailed, would you book an assigned cabin or go with a guarantee with hopes of an upgrade? Also, is it even possible to get an upgrade from a mini-suite to a romance/penthouse suite? Anyone ever had this experience? Either way, I am sure the AF mini-suite is great but a penthouse/romance suite would be even better....
This will be our first NCL cruise, we have cruised RCL 2x, Carnival 3x and will be on the Star Princess in January. Thanks so much for the advice!

Old August 8th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenowl
Hi all, thanks for all the great info! Hubby and I are planning on booking a category AF Mini-Suite on the Dawn. For those who have sailed, would you book an assigned cabin or go with a guarantee with hopes of an upgrade? Also, is it even possible to get an upgrade from a mini-suite to a romance/penthouse suite? Anyone ever had this experience? Either way, I am sure the AF mini-suite is great but a penthouse/romance suite would be even better....
This will be our first NCL cruise, we have cruised RCL 2x, Carnival 3x and will be on the Star Princess in January. Thanks so much for the advice!
If you mean free upgrade the chances are not great. If you were booking an inside gty and hoping for an outside your chances would be better. Any upgrade is dependant on when you cruise. Off peak better chance.

That said you could look for a bargin upsell close to sailing date. This seems to be the way most of the surplus suites are filled. I had booked an AF on the Sun for the 22nd. I got a call from NCL just after final payments and offered an upgrade to an AD Suite for $175pp.

I am not sure I have read post from someone who booked an AF gty and was upgraded to a full suite without an upsell. Those that have please speak up.

Last edited by shoreguy; August 8th, 2004 at 10:31 PM.