towel pegs

hi,

can anyone tell me where to buy the large clothes pegs enabling your towel to stay put on breezy sea days.

we have been looking but still cant find any and are fed up of keep having to tuck in the blow away towels

thanks clem28

• 4 years later...
hi,

can anyone tell me where to buy the large clothes pegs enabling your towel to stay put on breezy sea days.

we have been looking but still cant find any and are fed up of keep having to tuck in the blow away towels

thanks clem28

Have a look on EBay - I spotted slide over elasticated straps, sold in pairs, specifically for keeping towels on sunloungers.

I'm ordering for next holiday.

The twelve digit item code is 190934511163 - that should locate them via the search window.

Edited by WeeCountyMan
Info update

Have a look on EBay - I spotted slide over elasticated straps, sold in pairs, specifically for keeping towels on sunloungers.

The twelve digit item code is 190934511163 - that should locate them via the search window.

They look good - I bought some towel pegs this year but one got broken quite easily; these straps are ideal; thank you :)

Edited by Julessmiles

They look good - I bought some towel pegs this year but one got broken quite easily; these straps are ideal; thank you :)

At first glance I thought they were basically just big elastic bands, however, closer investigation shows they clip on the towel at each side - which is OK for me.

Just checked them out and they look great so ordered a pack each. You should ask for commission!!! Thanks for suggestion.

Just checked them out and they look great so ordered a pack each. You should ask for commission!!! Thanks for suggestion.

If they turn out not to be servicable - you didn't hear it here !!!

It wisnae me !!!

Incidentally I had a look at the Lakeland Mega Pegs online - I 've seen them "in the flesh" on Spirit and asked the couple using them for an opinion - very favourable.

For some strange reason they are sold in packs of 4 different colours - you could always buy two packs to get matching pairs - and give the other sets to friends ?

LakelandMegaPeg_zps7852cd62.jpg

I use a couple of ordinary washing pegs as I use big strong ones for hanging towels on the line. If I forget to take a couple or they break I've been known to use my hair putters up gripper things.

But I tend to keep a few pegs permanently in my suitcase.

I use a couple of ordinary washing pegs as I use big strong ones for hanging towels on the line. If I forget to take a couple or they break I've been known to use my hair putters up gripper things.

But I tend to keep a few pegs permanently in my suitcase.

You could always invest in a couple of those robust plastic spring clamps that are readily available on Ebay and ironmongers stores etc.

The jaws opening of the medium sizes are in the 30/35 mm range which is suitable for sunloungers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300556467256?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Ordinary pegs are great for clipping onto the grab rail or soap dish in the shower to stop the dreaded curtain clinging to your nether regions too!!!! :rolleyes:;)

I also have a few in my case. But am going to get some of those mega pegs - great idea.

Edited by kruzseeka

There is a Lakeland outlet in Stirling, not far from us, I didn't consider postage charges - my fault for presuming.

Postage charges aren't high for the straps WCM - they were free! It's the note that UKcruiser2 put on for megapegs that has high charges!!

I ordered 5 of "your" towel straps WCM - very quick delivery & no extra charge for postage!

Postage charges aren't high for the straps WCM - they were free! It's the note that UKcruiser2 put on for megapegs that has high charges!!

I ordered 5 of "your" towel straps WCM - very quick delivery & no extra charge for postage!

I've ordered two pairs of straps - one pink and one blue - what a sad old traditionalist I am !!!

• 3 months later...
Got ours at Boyes for 49p each last year. They are great.

Gill,

Boyes is presumably a local store in your neck of the woods ?

Not a name I recognise.

These from Dunelm might be worth investigating ?

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/minky-mega-grip-pegs-222970

If they are no good, at least they are not dear !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan
link added