Captains vs Crown and Anchor

chloe kitty

Each of the 3 Programs are independent... RCCL, Celebrity, and Azamara... So in each program you begin & accrue points from Zero.

However, you are afforded "Privleges" at a higher level on each line depending upon your status in the other line's programs.

So you could be brand new to Cruising on one line (Celebrity) ... But you are getting Privleges c/o another line that you cruise more frequently (RCCL) therefore receiving the perks equivalent to someone who is Select on Celebrity

It is all laid out on each Lines website:

RCCL - Crown & Anchor = http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=340&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqId=971

Celebrity - Captain's Club = http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq517

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Each of the 3 Programs are independent... RCCL, Celebrity, and Azamara... So in each program you begin & accrue points from Zero.

However, you are afforded "Privleges" at a higher level on each line depending upon your status in the other line's programs.

As to the reciprocal relationship that exists between Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society and either Celebrity's Captain's Club or Azamara's Le Club Voyage [or vice versa]... For instance, I am an Elite Plus member of Captain's Club and a Discoverer Plus member of Le Club Voyage... When I sail with Royal, I am recognized as a Diamond member of the Crown & Anchor Society based upon my cruise history with Celebrity and Azamara but cruise points earned with Royal do not cross accumulate with those I've earned with Celebrity and/or Azamara [ie; I have 14 Cruise Points with Royal and would need to accumulate an additional 160--all while sailing with Royal--to attain Diamond Plus membership with Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society]...

But to clarify... Cruise Points do cross acccumulate between Celebrity and Azamara; a sailing with one of those two lines is recognized for point accrual purposes as a sailing with the other... Both lines have five membership tiers for those with a prior cruise history with either--those tiers have different names and very different benefits associated with them [and some Azamara benefits require that one has earned 50% or more of combined Cruise Points to qualify for them]--and common Cruise Point thresholds for tier attainment... Reciprocity is on an equivalent level basis at each of those five levels--most of my personal cruise history is with Celebrity but my Elite Plus membership with them provides me with Discoverer Plus membership on Azamara--and opportunity to "move up" concurrently to a higher membership tier in both programs when sailing with either [ie; without "starting from zero" in each]...

As to the reciprocal relationship that exists between Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society and either Celebrity's Captain's Club or Azamara's Le Club Voyage [or vice versa]... For instance, I am an Elite Plus member of Captain's Club and a Discoverer Plus member of Le Club Voyage... When I sail with Royal, I am recognized as a Diamond member of the Crown & Anchor Society based upon my cruise history with Celebrity and Azamara but cruise points earned with Royal do not cross accumulate with those I've earned with Celebrity and/or Azamara [ie; I have 14 Cruise Points with Royal and would need to accumulate an additional 160--all while sailing with Royal--to attain Diamond Plus membership with Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society]...

But to clarify... Cruise Points do cross acccumulate between Celebrity and Azamara; a sailing with one of those two lines is recognized for point accrual purposes as a sailing with the other... Both lines have five membership tiers for those with a prior cruise history with either--those tiers have different names and very different benefits associated with them [and some Azamara benefits require that one has earned 50% or more of combined Cruise Points to qualify for them]--and common Cruise Point thresholds for tier attainment... Reciprocity is on an equivalent level basis at each of those five levels--most of my personal cruise history is with Celebrity but my Elite Plus membership with them provides me with Discoverer Plus membership on Azamara--and opportunity to "move up" concurrently to a higher membership tier in both programs when sailing with either [ie; without "starting from zero" in each]...

You said it...

And far more detailed than I did.

I forgot about the overlap between Celebrity & Azamara.

You know when it is written out, it sounds even more confusing than it actually is...

IF ONLY these 3 lines would come to realize that they should just create ONE Program it would sure be a lot less complicated (well at least for the cruiser)

Probably be a nightmare for them. So they won't

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Last year we did a mini cruise on RCI having done 3 cruises with Celebrity. They moved the points over no problem (we had to phone them) and got priority boarding and loads of special offers. To be honest we thought that the Crown and Anchor perks were actually a lot better than Captain's Club.

:)

Last year we did a mini cruise on RCI having done 3 cruises with Celebrity. They moved the points over no problem (we had to phone them) and got priority boarding and loads of special offers. To be honest we thought that the Crown and Anchor perks were actually a lot better than Captain's Club.

:)

They don't move the points over, the move your status over, there is a difference.

Thanks to all of your for your replies.

We are Select on Celebrity, and Platinum on Royal. It seems that being a member of both will have no affect on us when traveling on Celebrity at this time.

Am I correct?

You are correct.

Those who are Select on Celebrity get Platinum "Privleges" on RCCL

And those who are Platinum on RCCL get Select "Privleges" on Celebrity

So at least for now your points in each individual program have zero effect on your status in the other

Lol, just one more reason to keep on cruising :D

Cheers!

Thanks to all of your for your replies.

We are Select on Celebrity, and Platinum on Royal. It seems that being a member of both will have no affect on us when traveling on Celebrity at this time.

Am I correct?

Yes.

If you are traveling on Celebrity at this time, you will receive Celebrity's Select level perks while you are on the cruise, and then the appropriate Captain's Club points will be added to your Captain's Club membership upon the completion of the cruise.

If you are traveling on Royal at this time, you will receive Royal's Platinum level perks while you are on the cruise, and then the appropriate Crown & Anchor points will be added to your Crown & Anchor membership upon the completion of the cruise.

You are correct.

Those who are Select on Celebrity get Platinum "Privleges" on RCCL

And those who are Platinum on RCCL get Select "Privleges" on Celebrity

So at least for now your points in each individual program have zero effect on your status in the other

Lol, just one more reason to keep on cruising :D

Cheers!

As hard as it might be, I think we will manage to keep cruising.lol

We are Elite on Princess and have been so for quite a while, but recently have decided that we really like Celebrity more. It is hard when you are used to Elite benefits to suddenly not have them. Princess does have better perks, but we really like Celebrity.

As hard as it might be, I think we will manage to keep cruising.lol

We are Elite on Princess and have been so for quite a while, but recently have decided that we really like Celebrity more. It is hard when you are used to Elite benefits to suddenly not have them. Princess does have better perks, but we really like Celebrity.

Yes, we have cruised a lot but Celebrity is indeed our favorite. We've cruised Princess in suites but simply don't like the product.

Edited by Oville

I hope someone may know the answer to this question. We are members of both programs. When recently on Oasis, they somehow combined the two plans for a different level. Does Celebrity also have a way of combining the programs, or not?

Thank you.

I've never heard of RC combining plans for a different level. Do you have more specific information about what occured when you were on Oasis?

• 2 weeks later...
I hope someone may know the answer to this question. We are members of both programs. When recently on Oasis, they somehow combined the two plans for a different level. Does Celebrity also have a way of combining the programs, or not?

Thank you.

I've never heard of RC combining plans for a different level. Do you have more specific information about what occured when you were on Oasis?

Hi ROYALCRUZ,

I think the "idea" of as the OP put it "they somehow combined the two plans for a different level" comes directly from the wording on the Crown & Anchor website FAQ's on this topic:

Q: How do I receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club or Azamara Club Cruises' Le Club Voyage?

A: As a benefit of Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club membership in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society, you will receive equivalent recognition in Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Le Club Voyage. If you are currently a member of each loyalty program, you will automatically receive benefits based on your membership level between each. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Platinum or Emerald member and a Captain's Club Classic member, you will be automatically be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club and Explorer in Le Club Voyage . If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member; you will automatically receive equivalent recognition as a Captain's Club Elite member and Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. The benefits of the programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the Cruise Credit or Cruise Point for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

If you are a Captain’s Club Select or Le Club Voyage Explorer member, then you will receive Platinum benefits if you sail on a Royal Caribbean ship. If you are a Captain’s Club Elite or Discoverer in Le Club Voyage, then you will receive Diamond benefits for the Crown & Anchor Society.

If you are a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member in the Crown & Anchor Society but not a member of the Captain's Club or Le Club Voyage and plan on sailing on Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises, respectively, call the Loyalty Service Center at (800) 526-9723 to enroll for equivalent recognition. And please remember to provide your Membership Number whenever you reserve a cruise vacation to receive all the benefits you deserve.

[/Quote]

Most of us tho, just know it as RCCL Platinum or Emerald = Celebrity Select or RCCL Diamond or Diamond Plus = Celebrity Elite

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB