Tender boat boardig rules for independents

Dear Mr. Pimentel:

I am in the process of researching which cruise line to try for my next cruise.
I'd like to know before the booking what are your rules regarding the priority boarding on tender boats that I can make an informed decision.

Since I like to explore many ports on my own, it is very important to me to be able to leave the ship as early as possible, do not have to wait until ALL the passengers who booked excursions with the cruise line left the ship.
It is especially important when we have to use tender boats.

I am trying not to book with the cruise lines that have a strict priority for tender boats for all the passengers going on shore who booked shore excursion with them and have independents to board tender boats last.

I would really appreciate to know your tender boat rules.

Thank you for your reply.

We have never found a problem with tendering. Firstly there are only some 600 or so passengers on board so no long queues like you find on the larger ships. We have never found that people on ship excursions have had priority. In our experience tendering is not a problem with Azamara.

[quote name='Sdancer']Dear Mr. Pimentel:

I am in the process of researching which cruise line to try for my next cruise.
I'd like to know before the booking what are your rules regarding the priority boarding on tender boats that I can make an informed decision.

Since I like to explore many ports on my own, it is very important to me to be able to leave the ship as early as possible, do not have to wait until ALL the passengers who booked excursions with the cruise line left the ship.
It is especially important when we have to use tender boats.

I am trying not to book with the cruise lines that have a strict priority for tender boats for all the passengers going on shore who booked shore excursion with them and have independents to board tender boats last.

I would really appreciate to know your tender boat rules.

Thank you for your reply.[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Hello Sdancer -[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]We usually reserve tenders for quick and efficient shore excursions dispatch which, in the end also benefits those not on tour. With less than 700 guests, it is unlikely that you will encounter an issue as an independent guest getting ashore early. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Plus, once the ship has been cleared, guests not on tour have access to the tender gangway. They are not restricted to access. We try our best to let guests off ASAP. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Best regards - [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Bill Leiber[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]__________________[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Chief Blogging Officer*[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Azamara Club Cruises [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3](*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]Dear [/B][B]Mr. Larry Pimentel, President & CEO, Azamara Club Cruises[/B] [B]c/o[/B] [B]Mr. Bill Leiber[/B]:

We appreciate you answering, even twice (two threads).
If we understand your answers correctly, Azamara shore excursion passengers are the first to board tender boats and the independents are the last.
Just to make sure that mine and other passengers' understanding of your answer was correct, would you be so kind as to clarify just four specific questions about Azamara tender loading rules that all of us have the same interpretation:

1. Your answer was -"[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I think touching base with our shore excursion concierge in tender ports the day prior will help build your confidence that you'll leave the ship as early a possible".
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]What does it mean?
Does it mean that each prior day your shore excursion concierge would calculate the number of excursion passengers and how many tenders boats it would take.
Then he would calculate how long the independents should wait for their turn. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
2. Your answer was - "[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]As you may have read in testimonials from our previous guests, you should encounter prompt disembarkation".

It might mean that it was early enough for these passengers but would it mean that they have left on the first two tender boats?
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Our time in ports is very valuable along with a having worry-free vacation.
I would really appreciate your answers to our four questions:
1. Would independents be allowed to leave on first or second tender boats in each port?

2. What is the exact protocol for loading tenders boats for ALL passengers?

3. If there is a mix of excursion passengers and independents, like some other cruise lines do, does the mix start with the very first tender?

4. Why it is so difficult to get a complete answer?

It would be enormously helpful to know the tendering process on Azamara in advance, that there are no surprises late on.
Thank you in advance for your reply. Edited by Sdancer

• 4 months later...
[quote name='English Tim']We've never had any delay in using Tenders and rarely book ship tours, but on Seabourn, we were often delayed for a long time, so huge credit to Azamara.[/QUOTE]
I fully concur 100%.