Wonderland on the Anthem

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the Wonderland on the Anthem. We are cruising in January 2018 and I hope there are good reviews on it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thumbs up all the way. We are going back there on our next cruise. One person traveling with us said upon her looking at the menu last time was "I am going to leave here hungry". When she and her husband decided to join us on this next cruise, she immediately asked if we were going back to Wonderland.

Go with an open mind and be willing to experiment. The experience will be Wonderful.

I'm the kind of person that just looks at food and decides not to eat it. Not at Wonderland everything looks and taste amazing. Just look at the menu and decide on your main course. Other then that your waiter will ask you your likes and dislikes. Food will just keep coming out. (Small bites) But leave room if you like chocolate. They have a chocolate ball that you will not find anywhere else.

We thought the appetizers were better than the mains. And we got one main per person (as we have different likes/dislikes) and that was too much. But definitely worth it especially if you get the BOGO.

We had a different experience than some. I do not like fish except shellfish so I knew to tell the server about that before the meal began. He adjusted the menu then for me. I thought the food overall was pretty good but my daughter did not. She also had a bad experience with the dish that is on popsicle sticks. One stick was not cut properly and was sharp and jagged. She cut her mouth. Management was very concerned and helpful, though.

My family didn't care for it. Maybe it was because we let the waiter make the choices? He told us he would make the choices and we would get to try 80% of the menu but there were serveral things we would have liked to try that we were not served (and maybe they look good on the menu but they are not popular so he was saving us the trouble).

It was ok and fine for the price we paid ($15pp from the Day 1 and 2 dining special that was offered on our cruise) but I wouldn't do it again and definitely not at full price. I thought Chops was much better.

I think it is a fun experience. The food was good too. Some things better than others.

I wrote a review of my trip on Anthem July 2017 and went to wonderland the first night. My review includes pictures of the food we had.

I am sorry I don't know how to link my review to this but you should be able to find it by searching my name or just going back a page or two.

Worst meal I've ever had and I'm a foodie! They are trying too hard and flavours are all wrong. Save your money!

I kind of agree - although the Branzino & the chocolate desert at the end was excellent, I thought everything else was downright awful!

Everything was just so weird - the root veggies, the wasabi whatever it was.. appetizers from a test tube and some weird caviar and deviled eggs that tasted like incense... all very strange. Do not come to this place starving.

Chops is a much better choice for a really GREAT dinner!

Worst meal I've ever had and I'm a foodie! They are trying too hard and flavours are all wrong. Save your money!

I kind of agree - although the Branzino & the chocolate desert at the end was excellent, I thought everything else was downright awful!

Everything was just so weird - the root veggies, the wasabi whatever it was.. appetizers from a test tube and some weird caviar and deviled eggs that tasted like incense... all very strange. Do not come to this place starving.

Chops is a much better choice for a really GREAT dinner!

To each there own I guess. We loved our Wonderland Experience. If that was the worst meal you ever had well, you must eat extremely well. I have a friend that eats nothing but Hot Dogs and I imagine he would also think this was the worst meal ever;p

If there is a wonderland on our next cruise, we will be going back.

dp

Those eggs are the best thing ever...always order double portion!

The lamb shank with the pebble potatoes is delicious, and the melting chocolate bombe thing is devine.

I am a picky eater and I was wary the first time I went. The menu is not nearly as weird as it sounds. I've been 3 times now....[emoji899]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! These responses are varied... some loved it, didn't like it so much, most were in between. We will give it a shot! Thanks.

I suppose it's like the dress code. Some show up to MDR in a Tux, Some show up in shorts... Most are in between ;)

dp

Those eggs are the best thing ever...always order double portion!

The lamb shank with the pebble potatoes is delicious, and the melting chocolate bombe thing is devine.

I am a picky eater and I was wary the first time I went. The menu is not nearly as weird as it sounds. I've been 3 times now....[emoji899]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

are the eggs spicy? I think I read the description. I don't mind a little spicy but not hot-hot LOL

are the eggs spicy? I think I read the description. I don't mind a little spicy but not hot-hot LOL

When on Anthem last March, all 5 of us at Wonderland loved those eggs and no one found them spicy. They have a particularly unique smoke flavor that I did not identify. I do a lot of BBQ/Grilling/Smoking and I'm familiar with many of the usual smoke flavors such as, Mesquite, hickory, maple, Oak, Applewood and such but never thought to ask how they achieved the flavor in those deviled eggs.

I did however get a whiff of the same smoke in the air on several occasions in the afternoons when walking through that area on deck 5, even though wonderland was not open yet, I just assumed they were getting stuff ready.

dp

I did this on the Quantum and loved it. Many people eat food as a daily task, and some prefer getting a plate load in the buffet. But if you want to have a culinary experience, in a fun atmosphere, relaxed, and slow, than this is the place.

By the time we got to the main course, I was already stuffed. I disliked only one item served.

Hopefully they will have something like this on the new Spectrum of the Seas!