back 2 back or change ship

jcool

I am thinking about doing a back to back is the shows going to be the same or are they going to be different? If they going to be the same I am thinking about getting off one carnival ship and going on other carnival ship the same day.

I am thinking about doing a back to back is the shows going to be the same or are they going to be different? If they going to be the same I am thinking about getting off one carnival ship and going on other carnival ship the same day.

They are going to be the same shows. But the shows are pretty much the same on all the ships.

It is nice to be walked down as a group right through customs and back on the same ship. But, it is great to experience two ships. We did the Oasis and Carnival Freedom so glad we didn't do Oasis back to back. Hated the lack of peaceful places and so glad we spent the second week on the Freedom. If you stay on the same ship on RCCL, they will move your stuff. Going B2B on Sunshine in a couple weeks. :)

I'd like to be have the chance to do either. there was a post here a short time ago where someone did this. first cruise was out of pc and the other out of tampa. they got off the ship in pc rented a car and rushed to tampa. sounded like a fun adventure to try some day.

Have no desire to change ships. We're doing our 3rd B2B in a few days. Plan on booking next year's B2B while on the ship.

We don't really care about the duplicate shows which we may not go to see anyway. It must be a different itinerary each week, though.

Do not want to even change cabins when we do B2B.

Or you could do 2 different cruise lines...shows will be different for sure :) We have done a few back 2 backs before but decided for our 25th Anniversary that we wanted to try something different so we are sailing on Norwegian Jewel for a week then boarding Carnival Sunshine for a week. We are excited for this new adventure :)

I can see the advantages either way, we are planning a B2B next year and I have heard about gifts or something that Carnival gives you for doing a B2B, which wouldn't apply if you change ships. Like a chocolate champagne basket or something. Anyone know anything about that?

Our B2B, Glory, has different itineraries, but I wouldn't mind doing the same ones again either, just as long as its warm! :)

I would just have to look at the logistics of changing ships and how much trouble that would be. If they were in the same port and easy to do I would change ships just to have a completely different experience. If I stayed on the same ship it would have to be a completely different itinerary. Shows aren't that important to me so that wouldn't be an issue. We never seem to have time to see all of them anyway so that might allow time to see everything.

I personally like the B2B on the same ship. Particuarly if they have different iteneraries. I do not feel the rush to get to the shows each night since I will have another chance on the next cruise to see it. The other guests change so that changes the experience. It is nice that the room steward and waiters and bar tenders already know you. No need to pack up for the next cruise.

If I were doing a B2B, I would change ships, and if possible, cruise lines. One of my favorite things to do on the first day is explore the ship, so to me it wouldn't be as fun to stay on the same ship. (Though a second week on the same ship is still way better than heading home!!)

I have done both, and agree with other posters that there are good and bad aspects of B2B and of changing ships.

We did a B2B on the Carnival Fascination. It went to Nassau both times, but the other port was different. So we just did something different when we got to Nassau the second time. (Of course that was the first and second times we went to Nassau. We might feel differently now. :rolleyes:) We didn't feel rushed or stressed about getting to shows or events, because we knew we could get it the next time. We took the Behind the Fun tour at the end of the first cruise, so enjoyed knowing what went on (fresh knowledge) behind the scenes on the second cruise. We lucked out and had different comedians for the second cruise. We had Any Time Dining, but when we went back to the same wait staff the first night of the second cruise, I got hugs. We had the same cabin, so we didn't have to pack after the first cruise. There were a lot of B2B'ers, so we didn't even have to get off; customs came to us.

For Halloween last year, we went on the Elation out of New Orleans. When it returned, we spent the night in New Orleans then boarded the Conquest the next day for its last voyage that returned to New Orleans. It was great to go to different places and enjoy 2 such different ships. This was the first time my husband had been on anything bigger than a Fantasy class ship, and it was kind of like being with a new cruiser. (Lots of, "Ooh wow! Look at that!") Since the Elation had not undergone 2.0 upgrades and the Conquest had, the shows were completely different. We made sure to get a cabin on the same side, but since the ships were so different, sometimes we were disoriented. Go down to the promenade, no, go up...

The only problem I would have with getting on another ship on the same day is...what if the first one didn't make it back on time? I don't want to put in an insurance claim, I want to go on the second cruise!

We are doing our first B2B next February on the Victory. Our second cruise was on the Victory shortly after she came in to service. It won't bother us at all to be on her again. Look at all of the people that live close to a port that cruise on the same ship over and over.

I have done afew BTBs & BTBTBs.........

I think it's easier to stay

on the same Ship...............

This what I do,,,,,,one week go to the Shows with the dancers....

The other week,,,go to Karaoke,,ECT::::::::...............

I did a B2B and I stayed on the same ship. As everyone has mentioned...there are pros and cons to both.

It was nice having the same cabin as we didn't have to pack at the end of the first week. We saw the shows the first week so the next week seemed more relaxing and not having to worry about times for the shows except seeing the talent show. A lot of the staff remembered us from the prior week and went out of there way to welcome us back when just walking around the ship.