Volendam Drink Prices

Krazy Kruizers

Below are the drink specials and prices. The prices in black are from the first segment and the prices in red are the second segment.

1st day:

Drink of the day - Cuban Mojito - $4.50 -- $5

Cool as a Glacier Cucumber Mocktail - $2.25 -- $3.25

Limon Martini - $4.50 -- $4.50

2nd day:

Fresh Grapfruit Cosmo - $4.95 -- $5

Sunshine Splash Mocktail - $2.75 -- $2.75

Tanqueray 0010 Martini - $5.25 -- $5

3rd day:

Sunsicle - $4.94 -- $5

Pina Not A Colada - $2.75 -- $2.75

Classic Martini - $4.25 -- $5

4th day:

Fresh Margarita - $4.95 -- $5

St Clemens - $2.75 -- $2.75

Peachy Martini - $5.25 -- $5

5th day:

Fresh Squeezed Lemon Drops - $4.50 -- $5

Summer Soltice - $3.25 -- $2.75

007 Martini - $4.50 -- $5

Continued

6th day:

Spiced Daiquiris - $4.50 -- $5

Liquid Sunshine - $3.25 -- $2.75

Classic Cosmo Martini - $4.50 -- $5

7th day:

Cucumber Lime Smash - $4.50 - $5

Orange & Pineapple Sprtizer - $3.25 -- $2.75

Green Apple Martini - $4.50 - $5

8th day:

Sea Breeze - $4.50 -- $5

Unlimited Unleaded Margaritas - $3.25 -- $2.75

Limon Martini - $4.50 - $5

9th day:

Poolside Car - $4.50 -- $5

Stralada - $3.25 -- $2.75

0010 Martini - $4.50 -- $5

10th day:

Raspberry Seabreeze - $4.50 -- $5

Cool as a Cucumber - $3.25 -- $2.75

Cucumber Lime Smash - $4.50 -- $5

If you bought either the drink of the day or the martini of the day in a special glass, the cost was $6.95. Mocktails in a special glass were $5.95.

Each evening that was a different wine tasting from 5 - 8 PM at the Wine Bar. You got to sample 3 different wines for $12 on some nights and 4 different wines on other nights. Don't know why it wasn't always the same. Got about 3 ounces of wine to sample.

1st night -- white wines

2nd night -- Champagne cocktails

3rd -- Merlot

4th -- Chardonnay

5th -- French wines

6th -- Champagne cocktails

7th -- Pinot Noir

8th -- Rose wines

9th -- Champagne cocktails

10 th -- nothing

Thanks for going to all that trouble to share this info with us.

Hope you had two great cruises.

Did you go to any of the wine tastings? If so, were they enjoyable?

Welcome Back. We missed you.

Welcome home Yonnie, Hope you had a good cruise. Thanks for the heads up on the new prices, we can always rely on you to keep us informed.

NNN, the first and second segments refer to KK being on BtoB cruises............jean:cool:

Many thanks, Jean. :)

this is totally eye-opening

can you imagine: of the 30 drinks referenced on both segments, 18 were higher the 2nd time vs. the 1st; 8 were lower and 4 were the same:rolleyes:

I hope someone from Seattle is reading this thread .. if so, you should be ashamed of yourself:(

you increased drinks in some instances by $.50 and one by a $1.00 at the same time you made the OP buy her own drink at the captain's reception

this is outrgeous:eek:

by the way, just curious: how much did the entire cruise cost and what impact did the $.50 have on the overall enjoyment of the trip

sounds as if the OP was back to back

if so, the bill week 2 must have been staggering in comparison to week 1:D

I hope someone will please publish the current price list from Volendam so we can all compare that to this, multiply the result by 5, divide that by 2 and then square the difference to the next 1,0000000th of a mil converting that to the Euro at the same time:cool:

this is totally eye-opening

can you imagine: of the 30 drinks referenced on both segments, 18 were higher the 2nd time vs. the 1st; 8 were lower and 4 were the same:rolleyes:

I hope someone from Seattle is reading this thread .. if so, you should be ashamed of yourself:(

you increased drinks in some instances by $.50 and one by a $1.00 at the same time you made the OP buy her own drink at the captain's reception

this is outrgeous:eek:

by the way, just curious: how much did the entire cruise cost and what impact did the $.50 have on the overall enjoyment of the trip

sounds as if the OP was back to back

if so, the bill week 2 must have been staggering in comparison to week 1:D

I hope someone will please publish the current price list from Volendam so we can all compare that to this, multiply the result by 5, divide that by 2 and then square the difference to the next 1,0000000th of a mil converting that to the Euro at the same time:cool:

Sea King

Since we cruise in suites, the cost of the 20 days was over $10,000. The price inclrease didn't affect us as we don't drink the daily specials, or mocktails or their special martinis.

I just decided to keep track of everything after what happen at the captain's party as I know some people have to adhere to budgets and might like to know about the price increases.

Let's see -- this is just an example -- HAL buys a bottle of Absolut for around $10. But when you order Absolut you get 1 1/2 ounces and HAL charges you $4.75. From a liter bottle you can get 22 drinks which is about $107. That means that HAL is making about $97 profit on that bottle. We watched the bar tenders carefully measure each drink to make certain that you didn't get a drop more than 1 1/2 ounces.

Vic

From what we were told, liquor sales were down so they raised the prices. Which doesn't make sense. All HAL has done is convinced most people to drink less. The first night we watched people order a couple of drinks and then looked surprised when they saw their bill. The next night they had only 1 drink each.

Vic

From what we were told, liquor sales were down so they raised the prices. Which doesn't make sense. All HAL has done is convinced most people to drink less. The first night we watched people order a couple of drinks and then looked surprised when they saw their bill. The next night they had only 1 drink each.

Agree. Raising the prices do nothing to get people to purchase drinks. It makes them NOT buy drinks.

I have said before and I will say it again:

The booze prices are a RIP OFF. :mad:

Let's see -- this is just an example -- HAL buys a bottle of Absolut for around $10. But when you order Absolut you get 1 1/2 ounces and HAL charges you $4.75. From a liter bottle you can get 22 drinks which is about $107. That means that HAL is making about $97 profit on that bottle. We watched the bar tenders carefully measure each drink to make certain that you didn't get a drop more than 1 1/2 ounces.

Yonnie, just last night I was doing that same equation in my mind!! Guess us drinkers think alike!!...........jean:cool:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I don't think the prices are that bad. What do you pay for a drink when you have dinner out?

Outside of happy hour, a beer in a bar is usually about $4.

John & I had dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Friday night, to celebrate our anniversary. Not our usual haunt as we just can't afford to eat like that. My cosmos were $9 a piece! Now, at TGIFridays, where you might find us on a more regular basis, the cosmos go for about $5.50 or $6 - and this is just for a regular one. Not for Absolut or Stoli. I can't tell the difference.

Perhaps KK you were more attuned to the alcohol prices because you were on a B2B & actually knew what the prices were the cruise prior? Most of the pax wouldn't have known there was an increase.

Most business have to increases their prices as some point, but to come out & say that to increase prices because sales were sluggish? Makes no sense to me. :)

Archived