Quest Drydock

pdx13

It can't be in May. The Western Europe cruise begins in Monte Carlo on April 23rd. It must be prior to that.

Senility is so wonderful... I was certain I read somewhere that Quest was going into drydock in May. Guess I need a cruise to reinvigorate my failing brain.

Edited by pdx13

at the thread "1st cruise on Seabourn". # 23 from Jeni Dallas. The Trans Atlantic cruise ends on 4/15 in M/C & the next cruise (we're on it) doesn't begin until 4/23.

JeniDallas, hopefully you know what the plans are...chime in??? I wonder if it's in dry dock in Italy?

According to many of the posts, if there is a problem, we should blame Thomas Keller !:D

• 2 weeks later...

regarding my inquiry about the dry dock:

"The upcoming dry dock scheduled for mid April before your sailing will be to transform Restaurant 2 to our new Signature Restaurant featuring Thomas Keller selections.

If you have any questions or if we can be of further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us."

regarding my inquiry about the dry dock:

"The upcoming dry dock scheduled for mid April before your sailing will be to transform Restaurant 2 to our new Signature Restaurant featuring Thomas Keller selections."

I'm glad to know that my intelligence was accurate.

I'm fairly certain we will deplete the Champagne supply, so it will be dry, indeed! :)

One of my favorite bartenders gave me the scoop on what they have to do during dry dock in terms of deep cleaning the bars. He said that the more we deplete the existing stock, the easier their job is. So I expect to see lots of extra encouragement of our pursuits!

One of my favorite bartenders gave me the scoop on what they have to do during dry dock in terms of deep cleaning the bars. He said that the more we deplete the existing stock, the easier their job is. So I expect to see lots of extra encouragement of our pursuits!

The crew have to work hard enough as it is. It would be morally wrong for us to add to their workload by not assisting in the depletion process.

We will happily start this arduous task/responsibility starting in Manaus, making sure there's nothing left when we arrive in Monaco!

I love a good challenge. (We've just finished the key west food and wine festival -I was working and attending - so we are ready!)

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing the crossing from Ft Lauderdale and must disembark to get back on 4/30 for Lisbon to Stockholm. It was suggested to us that this was due to a private rental of the ship for that week. When we did the Caribbean in November on the Sojourn, that idea was somewhat confirmed by management.

on the Quest from 4/23 - 5/14, I'm pretty darned sure your information is incorrect. Please see above the 1/25 reply I received from Seabourn regarding the refurb. occurring after you all have all happily depleted the alcohol stock and before we embark (decidedly NOT a charter) on 4-23 in M/C. Maybe your Sojourn source was talking about the Sojourn rather than the Quest???

Yes, Quest is missing for one week between the TA and Monte Carlo on 23rd April, and my understanding also was that she is in dry dock to have galley equipment - and maybe restaurant alterations? - installed to be completely ready for the TK eateries, which start officially on 23rd.

Let's hope it all goes to plan.