HMC ?'s

CatFan00

Well it is $219 to rent a cabana for the day, which is air conditioned with food and drink. You have a cabana boy supplied to you who will go to the BBQ and bring you lunch. It really all depends on if you wish to spend the money I guess. If you plan on spending a lot of time in the water, it might be easier to rent a clamshell for the day at $9.

I'm actually not getting one for the Aug 21 cruise as I will probably just stay onboard that day...less people to deal with. For my March cruise I have a cabana booked though because my brother will be traveling with me and this is really his first time on HMC. :) Of course the price is $219 for up to 4 people so it's cheaper when more than one person is traveling with you.

We had one in January when it was "only" $149. I realize I am in the vocal minority, but I would not do it again. We had the yellow one and it was in a state of disrepair, dirty, and not stocked with anything until about two hours later. The stewards assigned were less than enthusiastic.

I would just go down to the far end of the beach, where there is some shade and enjoy the beautiful beach and water. If you want to hang out in a hut, you could always stay in your cabin.

FWIW

Gary

We are just back from Zuiderdam July 24th. Not only did we get a cabana , we got the butler. I would not go to HMC without doing it!!!! It was the best experience we have ever had! We had the green cabana, second to the end and it was clean, had snorkel gear, floats and of coarse anything we wanted!!!

DO IT DO IT DO IT.............:)

We are just back from Zuiderdam July 24th.

Days are always longer when at sea...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;7;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Zuiderdam Honeymoon Cruise

DO IT DO IT DO IT.............:)

Wow you went on a cruise weeks before your wedding, and then one after ! wow Congratulations !!!!

Hey Debi ~ You left out the best part of our cabana on HMC...

The butler walked into the water to bring us our drinks!!!!!!!!!!

The cabana was definitely the highlight of our cruise, although I have no complaints about anything ~ I loved every minute of being on the ship. Having the cabana was so cool. We had a fabulous 4-course lunch, unlimited drinks, air conditioning, water mats, snorkeling gear, cool mist for our lounge chairs and a shower. Although, we did spend most of our time in the water.

I know we would have loved about 4 more hours on HMC, right Debi? Meeting you guys was of course wonderful - I already miss you guys!!!

Say hi to Mark.

Talk to you soon,

Ruth

Ruth: yes having champagne delivered to us while we were in the water was something special! We got some pics back last night and relived the entire thing. HMC was our fav and we will do a cabana everytime we go.........we need to start planning our next trip together. We miss you guys as well ;)

The clam shells are just small blue tarp lie structures that keep you out of the sun, book inadvance as they sell out quickly. Or do it on the first day of your cruise

Archived