Airport question/inquiry?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Seabourn Cruise Line

Read Seabourn Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Seabourn Cruises Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:35 AM.
West Texas
6,054 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Sailor's~~~has anyone flown in or out of Amsterdam Schiphol airport?
I believe Continental flies non-stop straight to Houston.
Thanks!
Martita
New Jersey
1,002 Posts
Joined May 2003
Yes, many years ago.

It has a very good reputation and, not too long ago, I remember reading a magazine poll that had it ranked very high amongst all international airports.
West Texas
6,054 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
Mucho Gracias Marinero's~~~
I'm thinking of just using Amsterdam Airport......I'll do anything to avoid Heathrow! Also, when a Texan flies into Houston, going thru' Customs is a snap!

Thanks again!
MB
S.W Florida
1,028 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Martha,
Schiphol airport is great. Very efficient. Even the shopping is very good.
It is my favorite airport in Europe and as Hostdan has said you can take the train directly from Schiphol to the Central Station in Amsterdam should you have the time. It is very easy. Enjoy

mcboo
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Seabourn the only way to cruise.

1,679 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
The Amsterdam airport is a great one to get stranded in -- there's so much to do, you could make it a weekend stop on its own.

If you have to go through England -- Gatwick is better than Heathrow -- especially the duty free shopping.

FT
CA, USA
13,726 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
i too have flown through amsterdam airport and agree its efficient and actually can be entertaining with all the shops and restaurants. its a much better choice than heathrow, although ill be landing there a week from saturday to board the pride in london on the 31st.

off topic, there were four more bombs in the subways and bus in london today. they say it may be a copycat bomber but that doesnt make it any less scary or dangerous. it will not, however, ever stop me from going there.
West Texas
6,054 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
wripro, nor will I stop traveling to London or anywhere else! Even more reason to
continue to travel and enjoy Europe!!! Certainly didn't stop us from visiting New York City!

Thanks for all the helpful advice!

Martita