Cosol Tours

lovetocruise79

Just have a few questions:

1. Did you pay for your tour before or day of tour?

2. What time did you meet for the tour and what time did you get back to the ship?

3. Were you nervous at all about booking outside of the cruise ship?

4. Did you have fun??? and also would you recommend this tour?

Just have a few questions:

1. Did you pay for your tour before or day of tour?

2. What time did you meet for the tour and what time did you get back to the ship?

3. Were you nervous at all about booking outside of the cruise ship?

4. Did you have fun??? and also would you recommend this tour?

1. You pay in cash when you get back to the ship at the end of the day.

2. We met at about 8:15, Cosol put a gropu together by about 8:25 and we were on our way. Ours ended at about 3:50, had to be onboard at 4:30. So it was longer than they estimated, but still had time to shop.

3. Was not nervous about booking outside of ship. We typically don't do excrusions through the ship and with so many good reviews on here for Cosol tours we weren't worried.

4. Yes the tour was great! We had Yellowbird, Cosol's brother and he was great, funny, good information and just made for a great day. The beach and food stops were great, I would do a Cosol tour again.

We were on Cosol's tour two weeks ago. It was, hands down, the BEST tour we've ever done. We also had his brother, Yellowbird, who was a wealth of knowledge, fun and we had such a terrific time.

We were back to the ship around 3:45 pm and had to be back on the ship at 4:30. Never once were we worried about not making it back to the ship on time. They know their stuff!

• 3 weeks later...

We toured with Cosol April 26 and we had a blast. You pay at the end of your tour. He will meet your group 1/2 hour after the boat docks. With all the great reviews I had read about him I did not hesitate to book with him. We had a great time with him, the food was delicious, the beach was nice, the weath of knowledge he had was wonderful. The volcano was beautiful. the bananas were delicious and dont forget to take extra bananas to feed the Sergent fish at the beach. I would definately recommend Cosols and we would tour with him again.

I also took this tour last week and It was great! Our drivers name was Baptist and he was hilarious. They gave you drinks all day during the tour (beer, soda, water, rum punch, and what they call "liquid ******". We also stopped at someones house for breakfast where there was all the local foods prepared (the fish cakes were the bomb)for lunch we had some of the warm local bread with cheese (THE BREAD WAS GOOD).. I would definately recommend this tour, the best one Ive ever been on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mzmartinez

We just got back from a great cruise and St. Lucia is really beautiful! Our tour with Cosol and his brother yellowbird, was one of the best we have ever been on. Lots of yummy food and the best rum punch I have ever had. I would do this tour again in a heartbeat.

• 5 weeks later...

The following is taken from my Victory review. I wanted to post the St. Lucia section here so everyone looking for something to do in St. Lucia (like I was) would get a good picture of everything we saw and did on this awesome tour with Cosol the great. This was without a doubt the best excursion/tour I've ever done in all my cruises. The island is absolutely gorgeous and we had excellent weather when we went.

My entire Carnival Victory review can be found on the Carnival board and a link should be in my signature.

Day 5 - St. Lucia w/Cosol Tours

We woke up and hit the Lido by 7:30 for a quick breakfast and were off the boat by 8:10. We also snagged 6 apples off the Lido buffet and threw them into our backpack for Cosol.

Good Morning St. Lucia:

img0594t.jpg

img0595oc.jpg

img0596lj.jpg

img0599zo.jpg

img0600t.jpg

img0602u.jpg

We found Cosol's group right as we got off the ship. We let him know we had apples in our backpack, and he was quick to say "You'll be riding in my bus!". Today was Cosol's birthday, so he was in quite a jolly mood and throughout the tour people would see his van and give him his birthday presents. He joked that he would need an entire van to carry all the presents he was expecting to get today. This was absolutely the most amazing excursion experience we've ever had, and I highly suggest booking a tour with him if you are going on this cruise. While I initially balked at paying $65pp, I left the tour beyond satisfied and Cosol earned an extra $20. You get so much more than what you pay for and these guys deserve a little extra for the hard work they put into it.

Cosol himself was at the dock getting everybody together:

img0615j.jpg

One of Cosol's drivers was a huge Steeler's fan (as was Cosol). It was awesome seeing Steeler hats and stickers...the Steeler Nation truly knows no bounds!

img0617dm.jpg

Inside the roomy air conditioned van:

img0621tc.jpg

First stop:

img0638iw.jpg

img0639f.jpg

Cosol's van that everybody recognized:

img0641nf.jpg

The Hess Oil Storage depot for the island. Cosol called it "where the black liquid gold is stored", we laughed at that:

img0642s.jpg

Stopping to get fresh coconuts and take in the view:

img0649l.jpg

img0654wt.jpg

Banana Plantation:

img0659o.jpg

Cosol was very knowledgeable about the bananas, as he worked on the plantation as a youth:

img0662f.jpg

Fresh fruits we could munch on at the plantation:

img0664f.jpg

Cosol stopped and let us know this house just sold for $129,000. When can I move here?

img0667t.jpg

Holy Stilt House, Batman:

img0673w.jpg

The Blue Bus full of drinks and snacks that followed everyone around. I really wish I could get this bus to follow me around all the time back home.

img0681d.jpg

img0684cs.jpg

img0695gt.jpg

img0696pd.jpg

People washing their clothes in the river:

img0700lj.jpg

This big bus was full of people on a Carnival Excursion. Cosol noted that they were stopping at one or two places then back to the ship, and they paid much more. They didn't know what they were missing.

img0701f.jpg

Stopping at a nice overlook for food and drinks:

img0702jc.jpg

DELICIOUS local food...this stop was great, all the food was fresh and homemade.

img0705nq.jpg

img0706bd.jpg

Cosol and his lady friend that made all the delicious food...

img0709tt.jpg

Again, the Steeler Nation knows no bounds...and he had a funny shirt too.

img0710uw.jpg

Back on the road again:

img0712v.jpg

img0714br.jpg

First sight of the Pitons:

img0716m.jpg

We have a funeral home back home that has similar billboards:

img0726h.jpg

Simply breathtaking views:

img0728hr.jpg

More pics at the Pitons:

img0730me.jpg

img0742rx.jpg

img0743b.jpg

Cosol cut open a fresh cocoa plant and offered the beans for people to sample along with sugar cane sticks. Tara liked the cocoa beans, but you couldn't bite into them or they'd be terribly bitter.

img0734f.jpg

img0735bf.jpg

img0736jv.jpg

Then we headed to the volcano where a tour guide gave us a brief talk about the history of the volcano.

img0758vr.jpg

img0760gl.jpg

img0766bb.jpg

img0769y.jpg

img0770do.jpg

Once done with the volcano, we headed to the water taxi for a break at Jalousie Beach:

img0772qm.jpg

The water taxi ride was only about 5 minutes or so and we were at the beautiful beach nestled in between the Pitons. Tara rented some snorkel gear for $10 and snorkeled out in the beautiful crystal clear water.

img0774b.jpg

img0776k.jpg

img0777fa.jpg

img0778df.jpg

img0779hx.jpg

img0797rx.jpg

After about an hour or so, we got back on the water taxi and headed back to the docks.

This guy was funny...he said he wanted to come to Miami and make rap music with Rick Ross, along with being a Red Sox fan.

img0802hu.jpg

img0805pm.jpg

img0806j.jpg

img0807q.jpg

img0808m.jpg

img0810u.jpg

Overlooking Castries City:

img0850c.jpg

img0851qz.jpg

img0855r.jpg

Saw this heading back to the ship...wonder if they're an official branch?

img0857mg.jpg

There was a Burger King, which Cosol said was very expensive:

img0859h.jpg

The end of our wonderful day with Cosol...this was a truly amazing experience:

img0862p.jpg

After we got back, I stumbled my way back to the room (Thank you, Mr. Blue Bus dude) and passed out for the remainder of the evening.

• 4 weeks later...

On our recent B2B Serenade cruise we were walking off the ship and bumped into Cosol who said he needed two more people for his tour. $65.00 each which is the normal price.

We decided to go and it was the best tour of the two week cruise. Almost a seven hour day and well worth the price. Food was great and all you wanted to drink.

If we ever get back to St. Lucia we are for sure going to take this tour again.

This was the first non-ship tour we have ever taken. There were no problems what-so-ever.