No More Price Breaks for Under 2's on NCL

crusinmama06

This was breaking right as I was leaving to go on Enchantment so I didn't have time to post it here.

I know we used this when my oldest was 2. I always love the comment that it "doesn't effect a large number of cruisers" but what about those that become cruisers because of it?

Oh well...they don't think of that.

Norwegian raises cruise fares for young kids

http://usat.ly/NFRDjX

This was breaking right as I was leaving to go on Enchantment so I didn't have time to post it here.

I know we used this when my oldest was 2. I always love the comment that it "doesn't effect a large number of cruisers" but what about those that become cruisers because of it?

Oh well...they don't think of that.

Norwegian raises cruise fares for young kids

http://usat.ly/NFRDjX

This would actually make sense if their new program accepts 18 month olds on a drop off basis. Of course we still don't know exactly how 2 year olds will be handled in the new program. We decided to do Carnival for our Jan 2013 cruise because I couldn't get an answer on how my 2 year old would be handled. I actually preffered a drop off program with the younger ages. My child is delayed and I don't know how well he will do with older kids. I decided to just stick with Carnival and bring a nanny with us who can go with him in the kids club if needed rather then try and figure out the ever changing kids program on NCL and RCI. On our last Disney cruise they had changed the way the kids programs were run after we booked but before we sailed. I didn't care for the new program at all. I don't know why cruiselines don't do a better job thinking about these changes, deciding exactly how and when they will roll out, and notifying all of the parents of children.

I was wondering the SAME thing. It would have made sense (marketing and PR wise) to announce a NEW NURSERY and then announce that all kids are the same price. At least the parents would feel like they were getting something in return.

I could't agree more. Earlier in the year while pre-planning, my PCC told me they were actually making changes to include drop off for ages 6 months and up. I was very pleased to hear this as our son will be 3 months shy of 2 years on our next cruise. Later though, once the big announcement was made with all the changes, it was the exact opposite - instead of lowering the age, they raised it to 3. The price change would make so much more sense if they had lowered the age for drop off.

Archived