Rum Runner packing question

arntufun

A friend of mine is going on a cruise. He asked me what is the best way to pack Rum Runners with the following two senerios. I'm a good boy so I couldn't give him a answer. He asked....

Is it better too,

1. pack them in a suitcase with just clothes ??????

or

2. pack them among bathroom stuff (shampoos, hair dryers, lotiones ect...)

Edited by arntufun

I pack them in both. If you put them with clothes, such as the 32oz., put them down by the wheel wells up on their sides so when it goes through X-ray it long and skinny not big, flat and square. Maybe put a few 8oz. or 16 oz. in with your toiletries or in your leather shoes, stick them in your socks then into the shoes. I brought 2 big bubba mugs and 16 oz. fit in them. If he's wearing cargo pants he could put one 8oz. in each pocket,

Do not put them in your carry on and do not put them in with any electronics that may alert the X-ray tech to an illegal fan, iron or multi outlet. My hubby carries all electronics in a backpack he carries on.

A friend of mine is going on a cruise. He asked me what is the best way to pack Rum Runners with the following two senerios. I'm a good boy so I couldn't give him a answer. He asked....

Is it better too,

1. pack them in a suitcase with just clothes ??????

or

2. pack them among bathroom stuff (shampoos, hair dryers, lotiones ect...)

Leave the metal caps at home and put the RR's in your dress shoes. happy cruising

Or you could just follow the rules of the cruise line and not smuggle contraband onto the ship...just sayin'.

see i would have been spot on at 6 posts except we're sailing away spoiled it by coming in at 2.:(

have his girlfriend put a couple quarts in her whoo-ha

if he doesn't have a GF, he has his own open spaces

Cross dress for boarding and wear the boob ones

Or the pregnant belly one that comes with a sippy straw

you people with your sneaky boring suitcases....be creative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We put all of ours in with other toiletries.

Basically, we put each RR in a large Gallon Ziplock Bag, and then added other small plastic toiletries into that gallon bag. (Toothpaste, Deodorant, etc.)

None of them got picked up.

Hate to ruin the fun of the over/under bet, but I am in agreement with those who say "why not just follow the rules?".

If smuggling liquor onto a cruise ship is gonna make or break your vacation, maybe you need to re-think this.

Our last cruise on RCL we were at a table for eight with all eight being Diamond or Diamond +, All four couples smuggled liquor onboard. It has nothing to do with cost, it is all about being able to sit on the balcony each night and enjoy a few cocktails at sunset. We sometimes sit on the balcony and have our own drinks instead of going up to the C&A free cocktail event. happy cruising.

I love how this thread is a mix of practical info mingled with finger-pointing lecturing.

Most smuggling threads are. One shouldn't ask about breaking the rules in a public forum if one doesn't want to be called out for it;).

What I do find interesting is that the OP has not given any feedback since posting yesterday. Could it be someone who is trying to stir the pot?

I'm here, but I'm not sure what to say......... I didn't think I was going to get scolded for asking a strategic packing question for my friend. :o

I'm here, but I'm not sure what to say......... I didn't think I was going to get scolded for asking a strategic packing question for my friend. :o

If people get blasted, lectured, called names, belittled and told they are ruining the cruise for others when they ask if they can eat while not wearing formal attire (which is only suggested) having it happen when asking about breaking a clearly stated rule for which they screen at boarding is a given. :rolleyes:

Must not have lurked around here for long. :)

this one has actually been pretty mild...some poor folks have been tarred and feathered!

tell you friend to tuck them inside his shoes or between something bulky and he should be ok; worst that will happen is they confiscate it.

Also - there are some videos on you tube that demonstrate how to pack rum runners.

I have personally quit using them for the most part as cruise lines are rolling out reasonably priced beverage packages.