Clueless about Houston/Galveston

Scoobydobe7

Hi -- thinking of booking RC Liberty - Sunday to Sunday. Would be traveling into Houston (direct from Boston). I am clueless as to hotels in Houston or Galveston and or transportation back and forth. Any HELP or suggestions would be appreciated. Hoping to book at the end of August and flying home Sunday of Labor day. Thanks

Edited by Scoobydobe7

Definitely not an expert- we've cruised from Galveston before but drove down from Colorado. We're flying into Houston this year.. we have booked the cruise line hotel and transfer from Houston international staying at the Marriott for under $100/pp. we decided to stay the night after as well, sometimes there is fog, and the airport is a haul from the port (90 mins). Hotels in Galveston are $$$. And to be honest it's not that great of a beach

In My opinion. However we do love the Liberty and can't wait to see her refurbs in April!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruise out of Galveston often ( last 3 years and this year) , 1st if possible fly into Hobby airport it is 20 or 30 mins closer to Galveston. We used to always stay in Galveston but in last few years rates have doubled or tripled for some of the better hotels, so staying by the airport is a better deal, although I am looking at Moody Gardens which just dropped there rate for night before our cruise from over 300 to under 200 ( also many of the better hotels in Galveston require a 2 night stay, such as Hilton and San Luis) some people just book transportation with RCCL, we do a private town car. Most of hotels by airports have free shuttle from airport to hotel

We cruise out of Galveston often ( last 3 years and this year) , 1st if possible fly into Hobby airport it is 20 or 30 mins closer to Galveston.l

They are flying from Boston...there is no reason to fly into Hobby and have to change planes somewhere along the way when they can fly direct to IAH.

Depending on what time you arrive at IAH (and how many folks are in your group) you best bet might be to just stay at one of the airport hotels. All the major chains have properties around the airport and most with some sort of shuttle. Then you can use the cruise line transfer (just grab the hotel shuttle back to the airport in the morning) to the port. There are other shuttle services just scroll down the pages and you can find threads about them (they have been discussed many many times).

We will be cruising out of Galveston for the first time, this July and flying into IAH. After initially staying in Galveston, we decided since we are going in two days early so we can tour the NASA Space Center the morning before, to just stay there at the Mariott and drive the 30 minutes the morning of the cruise. We are renting a car and leaving at the EZ lot then drive back to IAH for our flight home.

• 2 weeks later...
They are flying from Boston...there is no reason to fly into Hobby and have to change planes somewhere along the way when they can fly direct to IAH.

Southwest flies non-stop, direct from/ to Boston, to/ from Hobby. I just did it last week.

I believe JetBlue services that lane as well from Boston.

I fly non stop from Boston to Hobby all the time on Southwest.

Definitely not an expert- we've cruised from Galveston before but drove down from Colorado. We're flying into Houston this year.. we have booked the cruise line hotel and transfer from Houston international staying at the Marriott for under $100/pp. we decided to stay the night after as well, sometimes there is fog, and the airport is a haul from the port (90 mins). Hotels in Galveston are $$$. And to be honest it's not that great of a beach

In My opinion. However we do love the Liberty and can't wait to see her refurbs in April!

April 30th is not a fog date its too warm

Look at Moody Gardens full service hotel with restaurants and piano bar, was over 300 but got 4/29 before cruise for 170 for 500sq ft room, also if you are talking Liberty of the seas that was refurbished in 2016 we sailed it last April, I think Carnival also has a Liberty

Hey George we're on the roll call together- celebrating our third anniversary. We were married on her, the Liberty of the seas, on her spring transatlantic in the Bermuda Triangle in 2014. Haven't been on her since. We're the cattle ranchers from

Colorado.

Hey George we're on the roll call together- celebrating our third anniversary. We were married on her, the Liberty of the seas, on her spring transatlantic in the Bermuda Triangle in 2014. Haven't been on her since. We're the cattle ranchers from

Colorado.

I tried to talk my wife into getting married on cruise ship, we got engaged on Sovereign of the seas in 1990 and Honeymooned 1st in Niagara falls area them cruise on SS Norway in 1991, we have family in Denver and go there every year