Help Booking Prohibition Party on Allure

I have been reading about the prohibition party on the boards and now I NEED to go during my cruise on the Allure Sept 28-Oct 4. Several people have said they booked online in the cruise planner on the RCI website. I have looked all over the site and don't see a thing about it. Anybody have any luck or have any suggestions? Thanks!

I just booked the Prohibition party for my upcoming Allure Cruise. If you access your reservation, then the cruise planner, dining option, you should see the Prohibition Party there.

Have a great trip.

HI tgkidot

We are on the same cruise, have you signed up for our meet and mingle yet? We are doing a gift exchange so it sho u of be a lot of fun and we love to have you join us.

Debs6475

I have not but I read about it and it sounds fun! How do I sign up? Going with my BFF, We're from Indiana so I'm hoping to think of a more exciting gift than an ear of corn ;)

I just booked the Prohibition party for my upcoming Allure Cruise. If you access your reservation, then the cruise planner, dining option, you should see the Prohibition Party there.

Have a great trip.

Thanks so much I'll give that a try! Have a great time too :)

Still not listed for our Allure sailing but emailed RCI and they said to check back in 2 weeks but they are still definitely having it. Now that I'm their official stalker they know there is interest lol... Thanks again all for the helpful hints.

Still not listed for our Allure sailing but emailed RCI and they said to check back in 2 weeks but they are still definitely having it. Now that I'm their official stalker they know there is interest lol... Thanks again all for the helpful hints.

I have been calling them about this for the past 2 months. They kept telling me to check back. About 3 weeks ago I sent an email to the diamond concierge on the Allure. She told me they are definitely having it. She took my info and said she would save us a spot.

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting I never heard about this I go on my first cruise on the allure aug31st what is it exactly and how does the prohibition party work?

Yes I'd like to hear more about it too, preferably from someone who's participated already. I already have a costume, haha, but I'd like an insider's review of how the event was:

What sort of drinks are served? I heard a lot of gin?

Are people "into" it? By that I mean were many people dressed up, dancing, really getting into it? I realize this may be a subjective answer, but I figure if you're paying for this event, and likely bringing a costume, you're gonna be into it, right? I hope so! I love dressing up and adore this time period.

Please and thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I think we are doing the same cruise and I don't see it posted...have you had any luck booking it? Thanks!

DD and I went and had a lot of fun. A majority of attendees (but not all) had costumes. (We got our photos taken before dinner with the vintage car in the promenade - cute pictures!) We received a paper invitation in our room and when we arrived at the party spot we were told a "secret phrase" to get in. There was a jazz ensemble with a singer. Many attendees joined in the dancing - some more than other.

All you can drink. Choices included 3 gin drinks (Gin Fizz, Temperance Tea and White Lady), two rum drinks (Rum Punch and Mary Pickford) and one vodka drink (Berry Bramble). There were also nibbles: cheese, fruit and some type of dessert (we didn't have any because we had late seating in the MDR.)

There was a cute "Tanqueray Times" newspaper with the drinks listed and we received lapel pins and matches with a matching art deco logo. I will try to take a photo and post this evening.

A photographer came to take pictures with your party and/or with two dancers who attended the party and kept the dancing going. The photos were printed in sepia - a nice touch.

Later during the cruise we ran into several crew members who worked the party and they all asked how we liked it. They do try to make it a fun experience.

We will be on the Quantum in December. They are supposed to have a "Gatsby Party", which we plan on signing up to attend.

I think we are doing the same cruise and I don't see it posted...have you had any luck booking it? Thanks!

Unfortunately NO and I look at the cruise planner/dining options as recommended several times a week so I don't miss it :( I really hope it goes up soon, I will be mad if they do reservations onboard and I miss out. We are now ready with costumes and everything. Looks like a blast!

DD and I went and had a lot of fun. A majority of attendees (but not all) had costumes. (We got our photos taken before dinner with the vintage car in the promenade - cute pictures!) We received a paper invitation in our room and when we arrived at the party spot we were told a "secret phrase" to get in. There was a jazz ensemble with a singer. Many attendees joined in the dancing - some more than other.

All you can drink. Choices included 3 gin drinks (Gin Fizz, Temperance Tea and White Lady), two rum drinks (Rum Punch and Mary Pickford) and one vodka drink (Berry Bramble). There were also nibbles: cheese, fruit and some type of dessert (we didn't have any because we had late seating in the MDR.)

There was a cute "Tanqueray Times" newspaper with the drinks listed and we received lapel pins and matches with a matching art deco logo. I will try to take a photo and post this evening.

A photographer came to take pictures with your party and/or with two dancers who attended the party and kept the dancing going. The photos were printed in sepia - a nice touch.

Later during the cruise we ran into several crew members who worked the party and they all asked how we liked it. They do try to make it a fun experience.

We will be on the Quantum in December. They are supposed to have a "Gatsby Party", which we plan on signing up to attend.

Please do! I am so looking forward to this!! I hope we can reserve soon!!