Looking for tour guide in Rouen

You will likely get more answers if you post your question in the Ports of Call/Europe/France forum, since Rouen is in France. :)

Except that forum is for Mediterranean ports and Rouen is not a Med port! It is in Western Europe, which is what this forum is!

The only posting I have seen about Rouen is the Tourist Department for a walking Audio tour. Has anyone had a tour guide that they could recommend?

I was wondering this too. In over 50 years of European travel, we have never used a tour guide. Buy/find online/get from library a decent guide book and do it yourself!

• 4 weeks later...
Why do you need a tour guide? Just asking:)

We have never been there, we love wandering around on our own in ports. I am thinking everything is going to be written in French and we won't know what we are looking at. Want to see all of the important places. Taking the train LeHavre and will spend the day there.

I was wondering this too. In over 50 years of European travel, we have never used a tour guide. Buy/find online/get from library a decent guide book and do it yourself!

You are definitely correct on that maybe I will go to the bookstore and take a look also, the library. Thanks! I always do a lot of research but this time it seems a little more difficult when I look at the city map of Rouen.

You are definitely correct on that maybe I will go to the bookstore and take a look also, the library. Thanks! I always do a lot of research but this time it seems a little more difficult when I look at the city map of Rouen.

Have you tried GOOGLE??

• 3 weeks later...

Go to Tomsportguides.com he has alot of information. His sight covers so many ports around the World. He obviously loves to do research on the computer. Great skills!! Can not say enough good about his sight. You can add his information into an I Pad and take on the trip and not have to have wi fi.

We go to northern France about every 3 months. Our French is pathetic, but never ever had a problem regarding language. In fact, they are used to loads of Brits visiting and we find that many people speak or understand English.

In museums etc many explanations are written in English in addition to French. Anyway, not understanding and trying to make yourself understood is all part of the fun.