WOW...Magic Vista wrap (#9475 or #9472)...same as regular balcony

rangerdog

WOW...I need some help again today;). We can get the Vista wrap (#9475 or #9472) on the Magic for the same price as a regular balcony right now!!! I'm wondering why these two cabins are still available....is it my lucky day or do I not want these cabins? HELP!!! Opinions/pictures?

Its the same price because its a 8D, so it will be the same price as other 8Ds.

It does seem like it would be favored for the extra balcony to me.. Id take it in a flash.

You can find some threads on the "L shaped balconys" on CC .. and everyone pretty much likes them. A few dont have sofas, but I wouldnt care. More glass, more balcony is a win to me.

Its the same price because its a 8D, so it will be the same price as other 8Ds.

It does seem like it would be favored for the extra balcony to me.. Id take it in a flash.

You can find some threads on the "L shaped balconys" on CC .. and everyone pretty much likes them. A few dont have sofas, but I wouldnt care. More glass, more balcony is a win to me.

That's what I'm thinking too Firefly...how could I go wrong. However, I've "searched" and read several posts about L shaped cabins but not much about the Magic wraps so it has me worried that maybe there is a reason these cabins are still available. The Vista cabins are below the Lido deck and I understand I may hear chairs moving above, but the positive is that it's only one flight of stairs up to the FOOD :eek:

Actually they DID pop up on CCL when doing a "mock" booking...that's how I knew about them being available. It looks like a deal I can't pass up.....anyone have pics or specifics on the cabins?

BOOK IT!! look for zydeco's pics on line he has pics

I think the reason is that the balcony is not as wide as thst of the aft wraps on lower levels. On Dream class ships the stern gets wider lower down, so the balconies are larger. Also, the deck 9 aft wraps have a full over hang, which may or may not be good for you, depending on wether uou like sun.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I have stayed in room 9472 on the Dream twice and have it booked again, it was great, yes it was narrow and it had the overhang but it was a wrap.... it did not have all the windows that a regular wrap has which I would have liked but I do a back to back so it was a huge savings.

grab it while you can

gail

I have stayed in room 9472 on the Dream twice and have it booked again, it was great, yes it was narrow and it had the overhang but it was a wrap.... it did not have all the windows that a regular wrap has which I would have liked but I do a back to back so it was a huge savings.

grab it while you can

gail

Do you happen to have pics of the room and balcony?

I had 9472 booked for Feb 10, 2013 on the Magic but gave it up for an aft when the price dropped to the same price. 9472 and 9475 have had some bad reviews. There is an overhang, so you won't get much sun and I've read that the noise from the propellers seems to vibrate. Still a good choice, I think. But we like to get some sun so 8475 (bigger aft) is a great choice for us. Have it for the next two cruises. Have a great cruise.

We had 9475 on the inaugural on the Breeze. Would we do it again...probably not...you are directly below Lido, so you will hear the chairs dragging or scraping on the deck. The room is a bit smaller as it is L shaped. The balcony is HUGE with a full lay down chair on it. We couldn't use it as much on the Breeze as the Med was a lot colder than we expected.

Photos

No couch....room is small..I thought I had more photos of the room but don't.....This one of the bed was taken from the long hall that connects to the door. From the bed looking forward, you have the TV on the left wall, a desk / mirror / get ready area (all combined into one), and the bathroom with a door that leads out to the balcony.

DSC_0574.jpg

Balcony is HUGE

Presentation1.jpg

Presentation2.jpg

We had the 9472 on the Magic in January this year and my aunt and uncle had 9475, they LOVED it, I didn't sleep the first 3 nights because of noise, but then heard nothing after that, it did not sound like deck chairs from above but more like thrusters or noise from some where else other than above. Auntie and Uncle in 9475 never heard anything, they slept fine, so I've booked 9475 on the Breeze for Jan 2012 :D Auntie did not want to join us since she couldn't have her same room, so sorry... :eek: really I am :rolleyes:

We had the 9472 on the Magic in January this year and my aunt and uncle had 9475, they LOVED it, I didn't sleep the first 3 nights because of noise, but then heard nothing after that, it did not sound like deck chairs from above but more like thrusters or noise from some where else other than above. Auntie and Uncle in 9475 never heard anything, they slept fine, so I've booked 9475 on the Breeze for Jan 2012 :D Auntie did not want to join us since she couldn't have her same room, so sorry... :eek: really I am :rolleyes:

Let me know how it goes with this room, I booked it on the Carnival Breeze for April 2013....

I was on the Vista deck on the Dream (not an LShape tho). I would never do that again. My cruise was ruined becuase I could never sleep or even hear myself talk in my room. We received a heafty amount of $$ on our SS (30% of my cruise fare I think) and 20% off my next cruise as compensation. But to me it wasn't worth it! My next door neighbor was almost in tears bc of the noise. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever do a Vista deck room again.

Let me know how it goes with this room, I booked it on the Carnival Breeze for April 2013....

Sorry mine should read Breeze for Jan. 2014 :o You'll be on it before me! We may not keep it, we'll decide as it gets closer. We want it if we have our kids and friends going because it is nice to have the large balcony but if we find it is just us then would prefer a cove balcony :)

• 4 months later...

Archived