What to expect on a one-night cruise

Jules.

I'm so excited, I'm finally going on a Fred cruise with my husband instead of my mum! Hubby has done one cruise on Adventure of the Seas but of course that's not the same as a Fred. Olsen cruise by any means. We are going on the 1st July to Glasgow from Liverpool just so we can have a night away together around my birthday time. We've selected 2nd sitting for dinner so that hopefully we can watch the sail away from up on deck which should be lovely seeing Liverpool from the water. Hubby is a keen photographer so he's hoping for good weather for his pictures. I'm just happy to be going back on a ship which is the sister ship to my favourite the Black Watch.

I'm wondering what time we can check in at, sail away is scheduled for evening which I thought might be about 7pm tide permitting?

Will the buffet be open on embarkation for the sandwiches and cakes? We hope so! I'm not a party person but I'm planning on staying up late that night to make the most of wandering around the ship and exploring, and you never know, the hot tubs might be open?!

I'm so happy to actually be able to spend a night on a ship this year as I thought that wouldn't be possible for various reasons.

We did a one-nighter from Bristol to Liverpool in 2014 on Boudicca. A fleet of coaches took us from Liverpool to Bristol, where we boarded at 2.15. Afternoon tea was served in the Secret Garden buffet restaurant. There wasn't a lot, but it was better than nothing. We'd been told there'd be nothing until dinner time. The muster was before sailaway and there was a champagne reception at 7pm. We'd requested the early dinner sitting, so ate at 7.30. Our cruise entertainment was a comedian called Lee Carol, followed at 11pm by "Beatlemania". The next morning we had a good buffet breakfast, followed by morning coffee and lunch, before sailing into Liverpool in the afternoon. It was a really good short break. We enjoyed it so much that we went on the 4 nighter to Dublin, Cobh and Belfast in December 2014. The sailaway from Liverpool was wonderful, as was the sail in. I hope you enjoy it !

We have now moved to Lincolnshire, so the Liverpool port is no longer handy, sadly.

Edited by Wacktle

We also did the one nighter from Bristol to Liverpool. We didn't board until about 3pm & had afternoon tea. Had a great evening watching the amazing Soul singer, Irie J in the Lido Bar then over to the Beatle tribute who were fantastic - a high % of the audience were up dancing that night then after that finished we were back to the Lido Bar do more Irie J & then a late night disco. I think we got to bed at 4am but had to be out of our cabins by 8am!

As the ship wasn't full, it ended up just being the one sitting which was around 7-7.30 & we missed the sail-out of Avonmouth & down the Bristol Channel,apart from through the restaurant windows.

We had a lovely sunny day & it was a beautiful sail up the Irish Sea & into Liverpool.

Since then, we have done 3 more mini cruises with Fred & a 2 week cruise & have 2 tmore booked with them!

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time!

Edited by Julessmiles