Fred. Olsen 2017/18 brochure

Parsman

I notice from the latest brochure that the cruises listed for the "Boudicca" cease on 30 September, 2017 where as cruises for the other vessels continue into 2018. Is this a planning error or are Fred. Olsen considering disposing of the ship?

Hello Parsman,

We’re happy to tell you that there’s no need to worry about the future of Boudicca, she is, and will be for the foreseeable future, a much-loved and important part of the Fred. Olsen fleet and family! The reason why her 2017/18 programme currently concludes in September 2017 is because we have something extra special planned for her at the end of 2017. Unfortunately we can’t provide any further details at this time, but please be on the lookout for updates in the future.

Regards,

F.OCL

• 1 month later...

Well not quite Africa, but not far away.

I have just received a flyer in the post from Fred advertising a 15 night Boudicca fly cruise (round trip from/to Port Louis, Mauritius), visiting a number of Indian Ocean Islands departing 30th November 2017 and flying back to the UK on 14th Dec 2017 (arriving 15th Dec in UK).

According to the current brochure Boudicca's last cruise is from Liverpool on 30th September for 14 nights, so the mystery is what is happening with her for the intervening six and a half weeks and what will happen after that cruise?

Edited by tring

Well not quite Africa, but not far away.

I have just received a flyer in the post from Fred advertising a 15 night Boudicca fly cruise (round trip from/to Port Louis, Mauritius), visiting a number of Indian Ocean Islands departing 30th November 2017 and flying back to the UK on 14th Dec 2017 (arriving 15th Dec in UK).

According to the current brochure Boudicca's last cruise is from Liverpool on 30th September for 14 nights, so the mystery is what is happening with her for the intervening six and a half weeks and what will happen after that cruise?

Do you have the Itinerary for this cruise please.

They give a list of Islands visited but no full itinerary. Packing to get a case off by baggage handling co. tomorrow, so may do it later or tomorrow. Some places I have not heard of though. Pricey from upper £2,000's includes flights though.

Goes on sale early next week to Oceans members (I think all at same time) so if you have travelled with Fred before will likely get flyer soon. Non oceans sales will not be available until 3 days later.

Edited by tring

They give a list of Islands visited but no full itinerary. Packing to get a case off by baggage handling co. tomorrow, so may do it later or tomorrow. Some places I have not heard of though. Pricey from upper £2,000's includes flights though.

Goes on sale early next week to Oceans members (I think all at same time) so if you have travelled with Fred before will likely get flyer soon. Non oceans sales will not be available until 3 days later.

Thanks

Destinations as posted above + somewhere called:- Mamoudzou, Mayotte, Comoros. - that is just one port so it looks like the island is called Comoros. There is also a sail by Silhouette Island at sunset.

There are two Seychelles and two Madagascar ports, so that makes 6 ports in all because they are spending an overnight in Port Louis, which I am counting as the sixth port. Price from £2,699 - does not give any indication of other prices. Bookable from 3rd to 6th of May by Oceans members and the free tips and 50% off an Autumn cruise offered (I think like the other new cruises).

£10pppn AI also offered - sounds like a snip in those ports as I doubt there will be cheap drinks got ashore considering how much holidays cost to there!!

Write up talks about beaches, snorkelling and idylic tropical type scenes, National parks, animals etc.

Still wondering what on earth they are doing with the boat in between - perhaps a charter? Perhaps Fred is having a big family get together??

Edited by tring

Look what I found - this is dated 9th Feb 2016:-

http://ports.co.za/cruisenews/cruise_2016_02_09_01.ph

from there you can click Mauritius and through to here:-

http://www.mauport.com/downloads/portsituation/PORTSITUATION.pdf

So boudicca is booked in port in Mauritius on, 30/11/17, 14/12/17, and 29/12/17

Edited by tring

Mauritius has two docking places, one a commercial port and another a newer dock for cruise ships. We were on Voyages of Discovery in 2015 in and out of there. First time we got the cruise dock where a taxi "union" controls the parking area. To reach any other transport (i.e. tour guides picking you up, you either had to walk quite a way down a dirt road or, as we did, take one of the permitted taxis to the nice harbor mall where we met our driver/guide).

One return our ship was assigned to the commercial port where no drivers were allowed in so we had to walk with our suitcases from ship's side out beyond the gate to meet him.