Day 1 And We Are Already In Love

TxnAquarian

Just a quick update from our first Azamara cruise. After all of our worries about an old ship, outdated decor, etc, we decided during dinner tonight that we are switching over strictly to Celebrity and AZ. We think the ship is lovely. Our room (Club Continent Suite) just wow'd us. And the food at dinner tonight is probably the best meal I've had on a ship. We think the product is wonderful! And we will be cancelling our upcoming trip on Holland America and won't be back to Crystal. Excited to find our lines of choice now and excited for the next 9 days!

Michael

Just a quick update from our first Azamara cruise. After all of our worries about an old ship, outdated decor, etc, we decided during dinner tonight that we are switching over strictly to Celebrity and AZ. We think the ship is lovely. Our room (Club Continent Suite) just wow'd us. And the food at dinner tonight is probably the best meal I've had on a ship. We think the product is wonderful! And we will be cancelling our upcoming trip on Holland America and won't be back to Crystal. Excited to find our lines of choice now and excited for the next 9 days!

Michael

Hello TexAquarian,

Your post makes me smile, thank you! I'm so glad you're loving your first Azamara Club Cruise. We are happy to be one of your 'lines of choice.'

We are in Rio airport missing Journey and her wonderful crew already, it was our first on Journey after a few on Quest but will be happy with either. Hope you enjoy the entertainment as much as we did Eric is indeed "The Entertainer"

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Michael

who is your butler? i have not seen another cruise line since 2011 besides Ceelbrity. .not planning to either.

Michael,

So happy to hear you love the Journey! We took a very similar itinerary to yours three years ago. Loved the ship, the crew, Eric de Gray, and the ports. The luxurious, green vegetation near Parati is something we can't forget. Punta del Este is an architectural showcase: each house is unique and special, whether a huge mansion or a "regular" house.

We'll be aboard the Quest in eight days. May the rest of your trip be as wonderful as your first day on the Journey!

We are really excited about our first Azamara Journey cruise - coming up in October 2015. We have been planning this cruise for several years and will be sailing with our son and daughter-in-law. Threads like this just add to the anticipation!

Looking forward to reading more of their experiences.