Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Greece Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Greece Ports Athens, Corfu, Crete, Katakolon, Limassol, Mykonos, Rhodes, Santorini, Volos

Old March 26th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Weather in Athens in February

Hello all,

We are contemplating an Eastern Mediterranean cruise next February. I was curious, we start our cruise in Barcelona and will do a 14 day cruise encompassing, Ephesus, Turkey, Athens, Egypt, Sicily, Mallorca, etc. What will the weather be like during that time of year at these locations?

We will be coming from the Midwest so looking for a warm vacation, if possible. I understand the weather is NEVER predictable, but with this time frame in mind, what type of season is February?

Thank you and take care!

Old March 26th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sunny but quite cold it's still winter in Greece

Old March 27th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Well, the temperature in Mallorca's unlikely to go above 60 degrees and could be much lower. February is frankly not the time to go to the Med if you're looking for warm weather.

Old March 27th, 2011, 04:37 PM
10,000+ Club

Check out a site like this one: http://www.wunderground.com/

You can see average and past actual temperatures for just about any destination.

As stated, February isn't a time you can count on warm weather at many places you list (except Egypt, which will be warm); however, you may get lucky and have decent temps.

Old April 5th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisemom42 View Post
Check out a site like this one: http://www.wunderground.com/

You can see average and past actual temperatures for just about any destination.

As stated, February isn't a time you can count on warm weather at many places you list (except Egypt, which will be warm); however, you may get lucky and have decent temps.
Thanks for the info everyone! Will it rain or snow in February? Is it the rainy season or simply just winter? I'm seriously hesitating because of the winter weather, but we will be coming from 0-20 degree temps in Fahrenheit! So 35-50 isn't so bad... I would like to get a sun tan, and hope Egypt is better.

Old April 6th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum6923 View Post
Thanks for the info everyone! Will it rain or snow in February? Is it the rainy season or simply just winter? I'm seriously hesitating because of the winter weather, but we will be coming from 0-20 degree temps in Fahrenheit! So 35-50 isn't so bad... I would like to get a sun tan, and hope Egypt is better.
I strongly advise that you reconsider Feb and elect May or June. Cruising the Med in Feb is cheap for a reason. You'll get a nicer tan in May.
2004 - Royal Caribbean, Voyager of the Seas, Alaska (7 days)

Old April 7th, 2011, 07:33 AM
50,000+ Club

To me the best times to cruise the Med are April and October. The weather is not hot and humid as you have in the summer but nicer than say January and February plus you have far less crowds than in the summer.

In February you will have some chilly weather in several of these ports and a greater chance of rain.

Keith