Quest Refit

factor30

Did RCCI give any indication where the work was being done. I checked out the web sites and schedules (as much as you can on the internet) for the big yards on the French coast, Germany and Finland and couldn't find her. With the declining $ (euro 1.406 today) did RCCI move her up on the big dock in Freeport for better contract pricing?

Re: QUEST REFIT - It's like trying to get blood out of a stone sometimes with rccl as far as their UK office is concerned particularly when sending them emails. They're very economic with their information in my experience. If I can get any further info, fair means or foul, I will let you know. In the meantime, Andy might hear something more.

Rita

It looks like she is slated for Elbe Dock 17 in Hamburg as of the 24 September and due to leave again on the 9 October. Unfortunately the Blue moon is not big enough for the outside (the one across the harbour) Webcams to be able to "watch" her.

It looks like she is slated for Elbe Dock 17 in Hamburg as of the 24 September and due to leave again on the 9 October. Unfortunately the Blue moon is not big enough for the outside (the one across the harbour) Webcams to be able to "watch" her.

Where is your information located? I'm curious as, try as I may, I couldn't find any other info on the net. Obviously, I wasn't looking in the right place. Also, do you know the website for the shipyard webcam?

Thanks.

On the Pullmantur Cruises website, the Blue Moon (Quest) has a listing for a 9/16 special sailing. It seems likely that she is traveling for the last time this week under the Blue Moon name to end at the shipyard for the refit.

So, it appears that the ship may not quite be in dry dock yet.

Carol

Another poster on a german board works in a building across form the the dock and he is a very avid ship photographer who has his ties into what is coming in to dock... We will have to see what he comes up with today....

Quest is in drydock in Hamburg - will be there till Oct 5 then she will cross over to Miami arriving Oct 15.

Unfortunately there is no better webcam of dock 17 at B&V than this one available, where you can see Azamara Quest´s aft on the left side.

http://www.corporate-planning.com/d/pages/cam/hafenhamburg.php

BTW, Fred Olsen´s Black Prince is in Hamburg at B&V for repair as well.

Unfortunately there is no better webcam of dock 17 at B&V than this one available, where you can see Azamara Quest´s aft on the left side.

http://www.corporate-planning.com/d/pages/cam/hafenhamburg.php

Thanks, Peter. Wish it was a better view, but "we takes what we can gets". Thank you for putting this on the boards for us.

Marti

Great investigation Peter: 10 days up on the dock. A paint job, some below waterline mechanical work and a thorough inspection. Sounds like most of the interior work will be done westbound across the pond. Let us know what progress you see.

Pinot 10 days is quite alot of time for an interior refit. Remember many of the changes are soft goods that are all prepared in advance. Curtains, bedskirtings etc just need to hung up or attached. Changing carperts is actually a quick job anboard.... One will see a heck of a difference in 10 days.

This site shows the position of ships and currently has a Google map shot of the Quest in dry dock in Hamburg, The info here says it arrived on Sep 26th and stays there until October 9th.

*****/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Azamara+Quest

What you see on the google shot might be dock 17 at B&V drydock in Hamburg but it definitely does not show Azamara

Quest.

What you see on the google shot might be dock 17 at B&V drydock in Hamburg but it definitely does not show Azamara

Quest.

I am sure you are right about the ship - I did not take a close look at the profile of this ship in dock. In any case, I hope this site keeps up with the location of the ship after it leaves Hamburg until the 1st revenue sailing. :) (Like to keep tabs on our new ship !!!)

Archived