Marie Celeste - new FOCL ship or Balmoral renamed?

We're sailing on Balmoral to the Baltic (July 26th to Aug 7th). I've posted a number of entries over the last couple of months asking if anyone else is going on this cruise. Plenty of hits but not one single reply in the affimative!! Help!! Are we going to be the only passengers? I know we like a degree of peace and quiet but I think a cruise on the Marie Celeste is a tad extreme!!

We're also hoping to find some fellow cruisers to join us on a private 2 day tour of St Petersburg with Alla (excellent reviews on Trip Advisor) Could prove much better value than ship's tour without the indignities of being herded along with the masses at the pace of the slowest. Bound to see many more of the sights of this fascinating city on what will probably be a once in a life time trip.

I'm already in contact with Alla so if anyone is interested please reply ASAP and I can give you more details and get the ball rolling. No money changes hands until the 2nd day of the tour and you do not have to sort out your own visa.

Hi arc-de-ciel

We sailed with FOCL in May out of Liverpool to Norway and my thoughts were exactly like yours. As a first time cruiser I had been posting on the forum hoping to get some tips, apart from a few replies from a couple of posters i was a little worried that we were sailing on our own. I even tried asking if there was anyone else on our cruise, to no avail. However we had a great time and our now looking forward to our next cruise aboard Balmoral to the Baltic in August 2011. I will be interested to know how the excursion goes in St. Petes.

We Sailed out of liverpool in april 2010 and posted on here but like you thought we were sailing alone, hundreds of people cruise but do not post of forums which is a shame as it would be nice to know of people who are cruising on the same ship as yourself, i will be posting again for our next cruise and who knows i may get some replies. I am sure you will have a gr8 cruise

• 2 weeks later...

We are not going but wish we were:D

St Petersburg is fantastic, we went there on a 2 center holiday, not cruising. We went on organsied trips all the time though.

I have to say the times we ventured out by ourselves we were very apprehensive and got back to the hotel quick. That was 8 years ago though.

Have a good one:)

Archived