final payment autopayed today..can i cancel today or tommorow

swaco

It's the day final payment is due according to RCI...not the date you opt to pay final payment...This can be a big difference to some in certain situations...And hopefully if you used a TA you won't have to pay them a cancellation fee.

feb 8 independence

They had you pay early. Final payment is due 75 days before a cruise. You have 89 day until your cruise. You can cancel in the next 2 weeks and receive a full refund. You final payment date will be the 26th after which penalty will apply.

PLENTY of time. (88 days, but who's counting? ;))

Sorry that you have to cancel.

Hope that you get to sail soon!

Edited by Merion_Mom

Are you sure you want to cancel just because your friends did? I say, go, have a great time and show them all the pics and make them jealous! :D And next time, don't do the big group thing, this happens a lot. :( Book your own vacation and have a great time!

I'm with M!

They had you pay early. Final payment is due 75 days before a cruise. You have 89 day until your cruise. You can cancel in the next 2 weeks and receive a full refund. You final payment date will be the 26th after which penalty will apply.

For some holiday sailings, final is required 90 days before. Call your TA ASAP! Hope everything works out for you.

No grace period that I know of but was it the final payment date as set by RCI or by your TA. TA's will normally set final payment at least 7 days, if not more in advance do RCI's official date.

You would have until midnight on RCI's final payment date to cancel without penalty.

My invoice said that final payment had to be made by 5:00 EST on the final payment date.

I usually book with an online TA. I noticed that our final payment is always due to them several weeks before RCCL's deadline. When I asked about it, I was told that the cruise line does require group bookings to be paid for a little sooner. That way whatever the agency can't clear, gets released back to the cruiseline.

Sorry you can't make your cruise, just the same!

Ann