Medano Beach (Cabo) Questions

CupKayke

Does anyone know Medano Beach well enough to recommend a place to have our water taxi person drop us off at that offers...

*a nice cushy chair with umbrella for rent (2 adults)

with

*a good long island iced tea and margaritas for sell

(preferrably delivered and paid for in cash right there by that cushy chair)

with

*not too many pushy vendors (is that possible?)

We are thinking we'll spend our first day in Cabo on the beach but we know it will be HOT (September) so we'll definitely need umbrellas and cool drinks.

I've been doing a lot of research and keeping coming back to Medano Beach but I want to drink and hang-out at an honest establishment (I've read two posts in two days where people said they were charged double or they paid a server and then a manager came out and said they didn't pay so they had to pay again). Would you recommend an all-inclusive on the beach or a bar?? As long as we aren't in the middle of music so loud we can't think or a college brawl then we'll be okay with some party people nearby but we aren't young anymore and we like to keep to ourselves.

Suggestions? Opinions? Thank you! :)

Does anyone know Medano Beach well enough to recommend a place to have our water taxi person drop us off at that offers...

*a nice cushy chair with umbrella for rent (2 adults)

with

*a good long island iced tea and margaritas for sell

(preferrably delivered and paid for in cash right there by that cushy chair)

with

*not too many pushy vendors (is that possible?)

We are thinking we'll spend our first day in Cabo on the beach but we know it will be HOT (September) so we'll definitely need umbrellas and cool drinks.

I've been doing a lot of research and keeping coming back to Medano Beach but I want to drink and hang-out at an honest establishment (I've read two posts in two days where people said they were charged double or they paid a server and then a manager came out and said they didn't pay so they had to pay again). Would you recommend an all-inclusive on the beach or a bar?? As long as we aren't in the middle of music so loud we can't think or a college brawl then we'll be okay with some party people nearby but we aren't young anymore and we like to keep to ourselves.

Suggestions? Opinions? Thank you! :)

We spend at least a month in Cabo every year so I know Medano very well! All of the beach bars on Medano allow you to use their lounge chairs and umbrellas as long as you are buying food and drinks. None of them "rent" them.

We are in our late 40's so we stay away from the spring break type bars which would be Mango Deck and Billygans. We like Baja Cantina, Sand Bar, Medano Beach Club and Tabascos. Of those, Baja Cantina has the comfiest chairs and the best food but they are also a bit pricier than the others. They are the first one closest to town and located right where a regular taxi will drop you off. If you take a water taxi, they can drop you off anywhere. Tabascos is the last one on the beach but only about a 10 minute walk from Baja Cantina.

There are no all inclusives along Medano Beach which is the only swimmable beach in Cabo. The resorts there are all timeshare resorts and do not allow cruise ship passengers with the exception of the South Beach type hotel, the ME. Very expensive and very adult oriented- geared for the young and beautful- bikini and heels crowd. :p Not us!

We have been to them all and have never had any issues with our bill. You can choose to pay for each round as they come if you wish but we have run a tab most times.

Have fun!

Forgot to add that the venders will be everywhere on the beach. If you want to avoid them, just don't choose a chair in the first row. They do have to stay on the beach in front of the row of chairs, they cannot come in past the ropes.

Edited by househunter

We spend at least a month in Cabo every year so I know Medano very well! All of the beach bars on Medano allow you to use their lounge chairs and umbrellas as long as you are buying food and drinks. None of them "rent" them.

We are in our late 40's so we stay away from the spring break type bars which would be Mango Deck and Billygans. We like Baja Cantina, Sand Bar, Medano Beach Club and Tabascos. Of those, Baja Cantina has the comfiest chairs and the best food but they are also a bit pricier than the others. They are the first one closest to town and located right where a regular taxi will drop you off. If you take a water taxi, they can drop you off anywhere. Tabascos is the last one on the beach but only about a 10 minute walk from Baja Cantina.

There are no all inclusives along Medano Beach which is the only swimmable beach in Cabo. The resorts there are all timeshare resorts and do not allow cruise ship passengers with the exception of the South Beach type hotel, the ME. Very expensive and very adult oriented- geared for the young and beautful- bikini and heels crowd. :p Not us!

We have been to them all and have never had any issues with our bill. You can choose to pay for each round as they come if you wish but we have run a tab most times.

Have fun!

Forgot to add that the venders will be everywhere on the beach. If you want to avoid them, just don't choose a chair in the first row. They do have to stay on the beach in front of the row of chairs, they cannot come in past the ropes.

My husband and I will be in Cabo in a couple of weeks; it is our first time spending a week there. Previously we were there during our cruise. I have a question concerning the hotels: do you know the difference between a terrace vs. a balcony? We will be staying at Casa Dorada and the description they use is a terrace, which concerns me because I would like a balcony where I could seat and enjoy the view.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

My husband and I will be in Cabo in a couple of weeks; it is our first time spending a week there. Previously we were there during our cruise. I have a question concerning the hotels: do you know the difference between a terrace vs. a balcony? We will be staying at Casa Dorada and the description they use is a terrace, which concerns me because I would like a balcony where I could seat and enjoy the view.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

All of the rooms at Casa Dorada have balconies. You will love it there! Great resort. If you want to meet some great people while you are there, the sister site to this one, www.tripadvisor.com has a very active Cabo forum. Each month we post different dates and times for meet and greets at different places. Many of us are now great friends and actually do an annual trip together in Oct/Nov. This last year we had over 100 members come to Cabo! I know there are alot of regulars who are there this month.

Cake&Tea I go to cabo every year Stay at Pueblo Bonito Los cabos hand a problem the last day after we cheeked out with are bill at the sister hotel next door and I always write on the bill paid in cash and sign it have never had another problem. The cruise ships are right out from the Pueblo Bonito in January got a great picture of the Carnival Spirit with the sun rising standing on Medano Beach in front of are hotel.

• 5 years later...
It is ME Cabo resort.

Have you been?

Have fun!

What do you think about the ME other than it was hip. Worth the money?

Ok thanks, well this trip is an adult trip so looks like it will work for me, Lets see how this works out. I have used Island marketing in the past a couple of years ago and up till now whatever i have bought from them has been pretty much right on.

Seems kind of pricy but at the same time looks like the best deal around for what i am looking for. Wish they had something in Ensenada

You can also call Villa del Palmar in Cabo direct and they have a daily special if they're not more than 70% filled. It cost us $60 and included all you can eat and drink. They have two pools, a couple of Jacuzzis. We cruised to Cabo in Dec. of 2015 and spent the day at the Villa del Palmar and loved it. They're right on the ocean! Food is good and drinks are strong...well we did shots!:D We took our own beach towels. We caught a cab from the cruise port and back to the ship. It was an awesome day! If you should go...do try the cake...dang...I forgot what it's called! Yummy! Oh yeah, how could I forget, it's dulce de leche cake and it's to die for!

Edited by mousey

tonit964 we just came back from our cruise and had reservation the resort day pass at the Me and we loved it. Just an FYI, its not adult only. We had our kids with us. We did the SUP and spent the day by the pool. I would say the majority were adults but there were other kids there too. Beautiful property and service, food, drinks were excellent. The view is AMAZING. PDC2013, definitely worth the money !

tonit964 we just came back from our cruise and had reservation the resort day pass at the Me and we loved it. Just an FYI, its not adult only. We had our kids with us. We did the SUP and spent the day by the pool. I would say the majority were adults but there were other kids there too. Beautiful property and service, food, drinks were excellent. The view is AMAZING. PDC2013, definitely worth the money !

crossfitmama, thank you so much for this info! Actually our daughter is 17 but still not an adult so it's good to know there were kids there. This place looks amazing and is right up my alley. I love to just hang out on the beach on a lounger with a couple of drinks and just chill.

I hope you had an amazing cruise. :)