Beach Club Suggestions please :)

vallemic

This will be our first cruise and first time to Costa Maya. We are looking to do a beach day with our large gang of 16 (adults and teens). This is what we are looking for:

-Nice beach with loungers

-Bathrooms

-Pay as you go is preferred (instead of AI)

-Something for the teens to do (ex: inflatable toys/water sides/zipline/pool/volleyball/kayaks)

Also, what is the main way of transportation to beach clubs in Costa Maya? I know in Cozuel, most take taxis to and from (and rates are regulated). Is this the case in Costa Maya?

There are a lot of reviews on various beach clubs here. Only one on the malecon is completely AI--No Hoch Kay, and it doesn't have the amenities you are looking for in its AI package. The other two all AI clubs are further south from the main malecon. Some of the other beach clubs along the malecon have AI packages but are primarily pay-as-you-go. I would suggest looking at reviews of Blue Kay, Tropicante, YaYas and Pez Quadro. Maybe Barefoot (ship excursions go there) and Krazy Lobster. Ibiza Sunset has SUPs, including instructors for beginners but I beleive the vendor isn't necessarily tied to you being at the club. All of these are along the same stretch of sand. Taxi or tram will get you there. $3 pp to and $2 pp back (via taxi only). If going to Blue Kay take the taxi as it'll get you directly there through the separate entrance and you'll avoid having to work you way through all the lounger hawkers at Tequila Beach and Corona Beach to get there walking.

Take a look at the sticky Beach club breakdown thread or pictures in my signature or good reviews in any Mitsugirly post's signature.

• 1 month later...

Do not go to YaYa as they are dishonest in charging your credit card with their 7% additional service charge. Also not honoring the all inclusive food menu, served only a combination plate. I had made a reservation thru shoreexcursions.com and when told of the lack of full service refunded our deposit and our credit card company (bank of America) did the same.

Enjoy the port area and find a beach club that is more than a bar with beach access!

Hal