Where can we buy wine in Copenhagen?

cruisin'sz

Nothing is reasonable in Copenhagen one of the most important expensive cities we have ever been in. There is loads of places to buy wine in the center

Agree.

You are aware of the corkage fee of $15 per bottle to bring that wine onboard, correct?

Look at the wines available on board and then at the prices in Copenhagen, if the difference is more than $15 go for it, If you have a favourite wine that NCL doesn't offer work out if you think an extra $15 is worth it.

Just for information: NCL sells Lindemans Bin 90 Moscato for $30+ yet my American friends say it is available there for $6-8!!

Wine is much cheaper in Warnemünde. Check out Edeka Neukauf (supermarket) at Kirchenplatz 3 (church square 3). You will see lots of crew buying chocolate there too.

Also within a walking distance is an Aldi discount supermarket (Lortzingstrasse 19). Next to that you´ll find a Rewe supermarket. But both places are a bit off the tourist area.

Close to Kirchenplatz I also found a dedicated wine store on google maps called Stromer (Muehlenstrasse 34). But the supermarkets I´ve mentioned all carry wine too.

steamboats

Agreed on that it might be an idea to purchase wine in Warnemünde at the lokal EDEKA store (supermarket).

They have quite a good selection of German wines and international wines, so it might be worth a try.

If you are looking for a really good place in Copenhagen, Kjær & Sommerfeldt might be the right choice (the are Denmark's oldest, when it comes to selling wine). But again, there are many many stores in Copenhagen that sell wine, so it won't be difficult to find a place to purchase a bottle or two.

As a general rule, all alcoholic products will be far cheaper in Germany than any of the Scandinavian countries of Denmark, Sweden, Norway or Finland.
As a winebuff, and living in Oslo I only partially agree. Wines in the USD 6-20 segment might fall into this category, but high-end wines (USD 50+) are far cheaper here in Norway than most other countries in the world due to the fixed markups of the Wine Monopoly. Copenhagen has a nice selection of wines in different speciality shops, top cuvées are slightly more expensive than in Norway.

• 1 month later...

So now you have confused me.... Yes it is good to buy wine in Copenhagen or should I wait until the first port in Germany?

I have been looking for the Viva Vino package but cannot seem to find a recent version. Makes me think that they might not offer it on European sailings. :D

Any grocery stores, i.e. Irma, Lidl, Netto and Rema 100, are reasonable places to buy wine. Google them to see is any are near your hotel.

I wouldn't touch Rema wine with a barge pole. Netto's selection will be an abbreviated version of Fotex's and usually a bit cheaper.

You'll find plenty of places to buy wine in Copenhagen, just walking around Nyhavn and other places in the City center. I didn't find it all that expensive. If you happen to go to Torvehallerne, there are a couple wine shops there. We were in Copenhagen last September and brought several bottles onboard.

I have been looking for the Viva Vino package but cannot seem to find a recent version. Makes me think that they might not offer it on European sailings. :D

They do sell Viva Vino onboard in Europe. It just isn't mentioned much now so many people have the UBP.