Costa Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom Water Park Review with Pics

ken4556

On Thanksgiving Day, I spent the day at the newly opened Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom Water Park in Costa Maya The park is located about one-half mile outside the port and they have a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. You can easily walk between the park and the port.

The park has two zip line courses, each consisting of six lines. The one course has a suspension/rope bridge that reminded me of something out of Ninja Warrior. Both course end in the pool and you will climb stairs between each of the lines. The zip coaster was a blast and, again, ends, in a pool. The adult pool area was very nice, lots of umbrellas and loungers. The restaurant and bathrooms are between the pool and the kid’s area. The restaurant had lunch items and snacks, like nachos and chips. The kids are had small water slides and a bucket dump. Walking by made me wish I was five again. The lazy river was just that, a lazy river, and takes you around most of the park.

The water slides are awesome. They have two slides that use water tubes, including one that go upside loop. The racer slides use the mats and allow up to four people to race to see who is the fastest. The slides going from fun to scary as the get higher and crazier. My favorite was the slide that ends in the swirl bowl and you drop through the middle.

The workers at the park could not be nicer and provided a great experience. Price was $89 per adult and $79 for a child. I thought that price provided great value and I had a blast all day at the park. The park closed at 4 pm for our 4:30 pm all aboard time.

hlT1CZznj

Overview of the park looking towards the Norwegian Star

p5E3Vo4Aj

Adult Pool

pactP6nKj

pakTgZB7j

Kids Area

p5UiHqVqj

Looking at the Zip Lines with suspesion bridge and zip coast

papAi0YRj

Zip line ending in a pool

The park was very empty, maybe 50 to 60 of us in the park. I did not see this tour listed before we went on the cruise and the cruise line did not push it all, so I am not sure many people knew the place was open. The park also said it was a soft opening, so the smaller crowds may have been on purpose.

I decided to go the day off and got off the ship and bought my ticket at the pier using my ship's card. I do not know for sure, but I have a feeling that it will be the same price whether you buy it on the ship or bought at the park.

• 3 weeks later...

We thought about going but the price is around $90 US dollars! I am sorry but 90 dollars for a water park is absolutely ridiculous! Plus we are only in port from 7-2, which makes the $90 fee even more ridiculous. Not when I just paid for a 3 day park to park pass to Universal Studios for $150.

We thought about going but the price is around $90 US dollars! I am sorry but 90 dollars for a water park is absolutely ridiculous! Plus we are only in port from 7-2, which makes the $90 fee even more ridiculous. Not when I just paid for a 3 day park to park pass to Universal Studios for $150.

$90??? :eek: I must have missed that part. No, I won't pay that either. I'll spend my day at the beach for free before I pay that. Yikes!

Edited by mitsugirly

I predict that this park will either reduce their prices or fail. Most cruise ships these days already have a small waterpark aboard. There are beach resorts with water toys (and food and drinks) included for closer to $50.

They are engineering their own downfall with that pricing.

• 1 month later...
Shuttle every thirty minutes.... is that offered by the park, or by the cruise line (which line)? is it realistic to try to return to get lunch on ship?

A shuttle? Seriously? By the time you reach the parking lot at the cruise port, you're over half way there.

BTW, I didn't find a lot of enthusiasm for the new park amongst taxi drivers and beach club staff. One even said it would look like Cha Chi in a couple of years. But that could be some sour grapes from competitors. We saw no one on any zip line or going in or out, nor heard anyone on our ship talking about heading there.

• 3 weeks later...
Water Park is NOT on the Beach. Whether they have a man made "beach" or not I haven't the foggiest.

I understand that, but, know at the water parks I have been to (Disney, locally), there are beach chairs for those who want a break or prefer to catch some sun when they have had enough of the slides, etc. There were none showing on the pics, so was just curious. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ken, thanks for posting this great review and all the pictures. I've already bought my ticket and I can NOT wait!! I will be doing every slide and zip and course they have. I love this stuff. Totally worth the $89 to me.

KimKTN, this park is not located on the beach but there are lounge chairs around the adult pool. You can see them in the photo.

Are the zip lines included in the admission price? I could see the admission being so high, if that was the case.

Yes, all the fun stuff is included in the cost of admission...zip lines, slides, lazy river, zip coaster, ropes course, pools, etc. The only extra costs would be snacks/food and beverages.

Myself and 2 daughters have booked for June, they like the idea of the zip-lining and water park together.

I know they run a shuttle to and from the port but I don't think it's too far? Is it a safe walk? I have looked on Google maps but it's out of date, it finds the area (doesn't show the park), it looks desolate around it, not somewhere I would like to walk with my kids. Is it more developed now or should we just take the shuttle?

• 1 month later...

We went to the Lost Mayan Kingdom Water Park on RC cruise at beginning of April. I would recommend as had lovely relaxing day by the pool whilst also enjoying the zip lines and water chutes. Very well run, clean and fun for all.

Teenage kids and slightly older wife ranked it best trip of the cruise.

We went to the Lost Mayan Kingdom Water Park on RC cruise at beginning of April. I would recommend as had lovely relaxing day by the pool whilst also enjoying the zip lines and water chutes. Very well run, clean and fun for all.

Teenage kids and slightly older wife ranked it best trip of the cruise.

Great to hear, thanks. Did you use the shuttle or walk?